Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5532 replies to this topic

#3496    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postpinkladie, on 16 October 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

This was 'the traditional' saucer...but it was huge (the size of a football field) and only above the treetops...amazing that it was only us that saw it?  It was silent...so silent that I wouldn't have noticed it, other then seeing the shadow slowly creep across the ground in front of me, when I was looking down.  I have been over and over it in my mind...trying to make sense of it...there just isn't.

Yeah, it really is very amazing indeed.  The article I read said this took place in the Fall of 1979.  Do you remember the actual date or even a close approximation?  Do you remember about what time it was?

You mention that it covered you in a shadow.  Was there a moon out?  Do you remember what the weather was like?  Cloud cover or anything like that?

#3497    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,771 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 October 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Priceless isn't it?  I mean seriously.  If that doesn't illustrate just how reliable even the most seemingly reliable of witnesses actually is, I don't know what else will.  Brad Drenning is an awesome guy, and I don't want to give the wrong impression at all.  I think he was totally sincere in every way and I think he's a very smart cookie.  This just shows that anyone who witnesses something like this can come to completely incorrect conclusions and convey completely inaccurate details.

A big and important lesson to be learned there I think.  :tu:

Yes...and the lesson is...that you think you know more about it than the person who had the experience..... :whistle:

And have got your heart set on......road flares as the answer.

Move over ordinary flares, there's a new hot flare in town>>>>>>ROAD FLARES :w00t:

Those road flares don't look like they are strong enough to create the kind of lights that Brad Drenning filmed.

And how would they be attached to the balloon....I expect they would get pretty hot because they would have to be tied

on upside down?

Or would a contraption have be made for it......

Even with the red glow...wouldn't those little road flares be more like pin pricks if they were so high..

and would hardly have got much notice, I would have thought...

Near the beginning Drenning says there was a plane  underneath the lights he filmed (1:40) and they were 'way up there'...

Edited by bee, 16 October 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#3498    pinkladie

pinkladie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 October 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Yeah, it really is very amazing indeed.  The article I read said this took place in the Fall of 1979.  Do you remember the actual date or even a close approximation?  Do you remember about what time it was?

You mention that it covered you in a shadow.  Was there a moon out?  Do you remember what the weather was like?  Cloud cover or anything like that?

No...I cannot remember the actual date...to best answer your questions:  I had just finished supper with my family, my friend came to call on me and we were cutting through the park (right by my house) on our way to hang around the stores for the evening.  It was windy and chilly and dark outside...it had to still be around the supper hour because the people up in the house on the hill were inside eating around their table.  Leaves were crunching under my feet...and blowing around the ground.  Gosh...I think the moon was behind us?  It was a fairly clear night....the odd dark cloud...but you could see the stars....cause afterwards with my parents, I was trying to point it out to them out our back yard.. in the distance.  They came outside and we all were freezing...the wind was bad.

#3499    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postpinkladie, on 16 October 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

No...I cannot remember the actual date...to best answer your questions:  I had just finished supper with my family, my friend came to call on me and we were cutting through the park (right by my house) on our way to hang around the stores for the evening.  It was windy and chilly and dark outside...it had to still be around the supper hour because the people up in the house on the hill were inside eating around their table.  Leaves were crunching under my feet...and blowing around the ground.  Gosh...I think the moon was behind us?  It was a fairly clear night....the odd dark cloud...but you could see the stars....cause afterwards with my parents, I was trying to point it out to them out our back yard.. in the distance.  They came outside and we all were freezing...the wind was bad.

Pretty amazing all around.  I can see why you would feel shaken up by the whole thing.  My jaw would drop just like your friends and I'd be tempted to run away screaming too!  No joke there by the way.  :blush:

Anyway, thanks for sharing.  If any other details come to mind, please share those as well.  It's too bad your friend isn't willing to come forward.  I wonder if she remembers any other details.

Cheers.  :)

And welcome to UM. :tu:

#3500    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

View Postbee, on 16 October 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Yes...and the lesson is...that you think you know more about it than the person who had the experience..... :whistle:

And have got your heart set on......road flares as the answer.

Move over ordinary flares, there's a new hot flare in town>>>>>>ROAD FLARES :w00t:

video link 1

Those road flares don't look like they are strong enough to create the kind of lights that Brad Drenning filmed.

And how would they be attached to the balloon....I expect they would get pretty hot because they would have to be tied

on upside down?

Or would a contraption have be made for it......

Even with the red glow...wouldn't those little road flares be more like pin pricks if they were so high..

and would hardly have got much notice, I would have thought...

Near the beginning Drenning says there was a plane  underneath the lights he filmed (1:40) and they were 'way up there'...

Video link 2

Maybe you're right bee?  It does remind me an AWFUL LOT of another famous case.  The footage looks very similar too.  UFO Hunters even covered this case.  It was witnessed by a lot of people, including a pilot and his family, who filmed the thing, and another witness described how it moved in a way that seemed to be under intelligent control.  There are two parts to the UFO Hunters coverage and you can watch it here.

I look forward to your thoughts on it.  :tu:

#3501    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,771 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 October 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Maybe you're right bee?  It does remind me an AWFUL LOT of another famous case.  The footage looks very similar too.  UFO Hunters even covered this case.  It was witnessed by a lot of people, including a pilot and his family, who filmed the thing, and another witness described how it moved in a way that seemed to be under intelligent control.  There are two parts to the UFO Hunters coverage and you can watch it here.

I look forward to your thoughts on it.  :tu:

ok...I'll take a look later or tomorrow....ta

(why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like it)

:P

:tu:

Edited by bee, 16 October 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#3502    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

View Postbee, on 16 October 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

ok...I'll take a look later or tomorrow....ta

(why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like it)

:tu:

Trick!?!?  Pssshhhhh!  Pfffft!

Nah!!!

:innocent:

Think of it as a nice refreshing glass of water...

Posted Image

:ph34r:

Spoiler

#3503    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,771 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 October 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Trick!?!?  Pssshhhhh!  Pfffft!

[snip]

B) :lol:

that made me L O L..... :tu:

#3504    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 October 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

I don't believe a word of it; the words of just another skeptic looking for a peg to hang his coat on.  His daughter lied too?  Come on no way.  That little girl was telling no lies on that clip. Other people saw it, and the evidence is there.

Did Tim have any more batteries to hand?  How did he hoax it?  What about the other witnesses?

Your case against him is as weak as a kitten; all claim and no substance.  I've seen that before from a skeptic.

Well Zoser...I must confess that i'm not quite sure how to take that ?...This is the first time that i've ever been publicly  accused of that particularly-heinous trait!...An accusation that I repudiate with every fibre of my being!!....SCEPTIC INDEED!!....I have a good mind to consult my attorney about the possibilities of bringing legal action to bear on such a blatant display of scandalous libel!!.. :no:

As a matter of fact, and for your information....a healthy amount of Scepticism is what separates the serious students of the ETH from the woo-woo's!..Which is a position that I constantly endeavour to maintain!...So on second thoughts,  i'll keep the legal bloodhounds on the leash for now!...But I will offer one last piece of advice , ..and that is to consider the great Bertrand Russell's poignant philosophical pointer  ... " It is important to keep an open mind- but not so open that your brain falls out"!...And then you may be in a better position to try to ameliorate your own discernation skills, when trying to creep through the treacherous -minefield of UFO cases, videos  and photographs!

Cheers.

[sceptic!... ?... :w00t: ]

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#3505    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Post1963, on 16 October 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Well Zoser...I must confess that i'm not quite sure how to take that ?...This is the first time that i've ever been publicly  accused of that particularly-heinous trait!...An accusation that I repudiate with every fibre of my being!!....SCEPTIC INDEED!!....I have a good mind to consult my attorney about the possibilities of bringing legal action to bear on such a blatant display of scandalous libel!!.. :no:

As a matter of fact, and for your information....a healthy amount of Scepticism is what separates the serious students of the ETH from the woo-woo's!..Which is a position that I constantly endeavour to maintain!...So on second thoughts,  i'll keep the legal bloodhounds on the leash for now!...But I will offer one last piece of advice , ..and that is to consider the great Bertrand Russell's poignant philosophical pointer  ... " It is important to keep an open mind- but not so open that your brain falls out"!...And then you may be in a better position to try to ameliorate your own discernation skills, when trying to creep through the treacherous -minefield of UFO cases, videos  and photographs!

Cheers.

[sceptic!... ?... :w00t: ]

We have your badge waiting at the door...  See the gentleman in the dark suit, dark glasses, and stoic stance.  Say not a word and ask no questions.

Posted Image

Welcome...  and we'll go over the membership dues, code words, meeting rooms, 'water muddying' agenda, and secret handshakes later...  :ph34r:

Further instructions, along with your secret decoder ring, will arrive in the mail within the next week.  Share this with no one.  We are watching...

Follow the white rabbit...

(Yes, membership dues...  and you all thought we got paid to do this stuff...  pffft...)

:lol:

Edited by booNyzarC, 16 October 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#3506    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,771 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

spare him

:passifier:

#3507    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Now were talking ! Lets get to the Down and Dirty of it all ! :whistle:
Looks for my Tin foil hat again !

This is a Work in Progress!

#3508    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 October 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Hiya 1963, sorry to snip the majority just to focus in on this...  but...  excellent find there my friend.  :tu:

This is the same guy who filmed one of the Phoenix Lights videos, later confirmed to be flares dropped over the BGR.  I couldn't agree with you more regarding this character.  Even after the truth of the flares was long exposed, he and one of his cohorts continued to rally against the conclusions claiming that their footage was not of the same event.  You've categorized him exactly as is deserved; as a charlatan.

Cheers

Glad to help my friend!...Snake oil salesmen like these deserve to be unmasked no matter what their stance in the debate is purported to be! :tu:

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#3509    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Much as I loathe most of the "skeptics" on here and the constant abuse and disinformation they hand out, I admit that there are many UFOs reports that I find dubious or fake.

I want no part of the professional "skeptics" though.

#3510    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 16 October 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

We have your badge waiting at the door...  See the gentleman in the dark suit, dark glasses, and stoic stance.  Say not a word and ask no questions.

Posted Image

Welcome...  and we'll go over the membership dues, code words, meeting rooms, 'water muddying' agenda, and secret handshakes later...  :ph34r:

Further instructions, along with your secret decoder ring, will arrive in the mail within the next week.  Share this with no one.  We are watching...

Follow the white rabbit...

(Yes, membership dues...  and you all thought we got paid to do this stuff...  pffft...)

:lol:

You guys kill me! :w00t: .....but wait!... :unsure2: ..if I erm!..go through with it ...do I get one of these....?

Posted Image

...theyr'e real cooool!.. :whistle: ...errrm!...Sorry Bee!... :blush:

Cheers buddy.

Edited by 1963, 16 October 2012 - 11:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users