Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

our philosophies

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Let's say, its evening, almost sunset and you are sitting in your garden on your ridiculous ergonomic seat, while you are watching the sunset with your drink in your left hand.

What kind of thoughts would get in to your mind? And what would you think of them?

Posted Image

#2    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

In answer to your question: 'Our philosophies, what are they good for?' ..... the first thing that springs to mind is: 'Absolutely nothing!'

I am sorry to say that I do actually own an ergonomic stool :hmm: . So here I am, watching the sun go down and the sort of thing that pops into my mind is: 'What's the point?', 'Why?' and occasionally: 'I wish I'd never been born!'. (And yes, these are the 'philosophies' that rule my life :hmm: :hmm: )

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#3    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostCataclysmic faith, on 29 November 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Let's say, its evening, almost sunset and you are sitting in your garden on your ridiculous ergonomic seat, while you are watching the sunset with your drink in your left hand.

What kind of thoughts would get in to your mind? And what would you think of them?

I say WTF!!!!  Can't believe I exist.

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#4    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,340 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Can I be on a tropical island, instead, with a drink in my hand, looking at a million stars, watching the coconut palms sway with the trade winds, and hearing fish jump in the lagoon, wearing shorts & flip flops in December? My first thought: man, life is GOOD! Second thought: a big thank you to whoever arranged this!

#5    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

i wouldn't be paying attention to the thoughts in my mind
that is the purpose of my being out watching the sunset in the first place. to quiet my mind

#6    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,992 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

I'd be wondering why the hell I came this far, and for what? Why come back to life to suffer worse?

#7    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,340 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

You know, I gotta say, I love life. I think it's a gift, the greatest blessing we have been given, it's to be enjoyed, celebrated. And the diversity is staggering & fascinating, there's so much to learn & experience. Happiness is a state of mind, a philosophy, an attitude, a choice. I don't see the glass as half empty or half full; I'm just happy to have a glass with something in it. My thoughts always run towards gratitude for being given the opportunity to be on this planet at this time with the people I love and who love me, and to experience the beauty in people and the natural world.

#8    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Simple enough. My question though involves am I the way I am because of my philosophies or are my philosophies are what they are because of the I am. Which would put me in that exact situation without the ergonomic chair watching the sunset with an alcoholic drink in my hand trying not to ponder life's lmysteries. My exact thought about the sunset would be ooooh pretty.

#9    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I love Philosophy as a subject, I think it is very interesting. I was once told that the meaning of life sums up to this: We exist, and therefore we experience - nothing more nothing less. Whether we are faced with pleasantness or with pain and suffering, I think that the above is the only thing that holds true in every case. Sometimes, people with a deep philosophical psyche tend to incline (and almost dangerously too) towards nihilism (What's the point of this existence? Why do I live? What do I gain out of this task or experience? What's the point of it all?) and that's very natural I suppose. I think the point of watching the sunset is just to experience it, the point of holding a drink is to enjoy it, and the point of sitting on the ergonomic seat is to leave behind a nice ass-print as a legacy of that great experience!

So, I wouldn't think much of all that, but maybe wish for something more (as our human nature often drives us to), like perhaps a Jessica Biel or an Emma Watson by my side to share that experience with... :innocent:

Edit: Good thread. I almost forgot to add that.

Edited by dlonewolf85, 30 November 2012 - 01:50 PM.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#10    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I would probably just tell myself to enjoy the moment i can think about everything else later. I either do that or if there is one big problem i am trying to solve then that is solely what i think about. Atleas that is what i do when i have my quiet time one or the other :)

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#11    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,340 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

I don't think it matters which came first, the point is we can always change what we think & do if our current behaviors don't serve us well. My philosophy keeps changing, as I keep finding patterns of thought & behaviors that do me a dis-service. Sometimes our personal philosophies can become as dogmatic as any religion, at which point often learning often stops.

#12    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Nice thoughts everyone, i would think about why there something called life and think why we are what we are, that always keep a itch in my mind, i could have been someone else like Neil Armstrong etc. I could have done things that were supposed to be impossible but instead we are what we are, fascinating how our brain can come up with thoughts, just a wonderful thing created by god or nature.

Posted Image

#13    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,809 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Predominantly would be thoughts of the beauty of our world and gratitude for being able to appreciate and experience it.

#14    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I would be thinking 'why am I holding my drink in my left hand....I'm right handed?'

#15    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Can i have it be sunrise instead of sunset?  i like sunrise better.          . . .  thoughts?    I think i love the beauty and warmth of a sunrise .
how's that for a philosophy ?  :lol:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users