Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

5yr old kills Sister with Gift


  • Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#31    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Awesome posts aztek and Rafterman.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#32    J. K.

J. K.

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Joined:09 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, TX

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

The flip side of freedom is responsibility, but most people never turn the coin over.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#33    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,112 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Postaztek, on 02 May 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

* A 1997 U.S. Justice Department survey of 14,285 state prison inmates found that among those inmates who carried a firearm during the offense for which they were sent to jail, 0.7% obtained the firearm at a gun show,

another detail, 0,7% of inmates in jails, it does not mean that they were felons, or prohibited to own a gun, at the time they purchased the gun at the gun show. and it also means that they might have had clean record at the time and passed all checks.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#34    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,112 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostJ. K., on 02 May 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

The flip side of freedom is responsibility, but most people never turn the coin over.
can you be more specific how you came up with most???? cuz facts sure say different numbers.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#35    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,112 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 May 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

And that is relevant to the qualification to use a gun because....?
i,m gald you asked.

the only way you can determine if person is not qualified, or not responcible enough is when something bad happens, like  an accident.
and ratio of accidents to total number of gun owners shows you are very much wrong, actually most are qualified, and are responcible.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#36    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 7,518 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

In southern Kentucky, where children get their first guns even before they start school, Stephanie Sparks paid little attention as her 5-year-old son played with the rifle he was given last year.

If this is so and the government know it, then how does the laws on gun ownership work here...or doesn`t it?



The rifle was made by a company that sells guns specifically for children - "My first rifle" is the slogan - in colours ranging to hot pink and multi-colour swirls.

unbelievable!!!!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#37    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,112 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

what is so unbelieveble? millions of kids get heir first kiddie rifles at 5-10years of age, and grow up to be responcible adults, and know how to handle firearms. assuming they are tought responcibuility by parents. once in a blue moon somehing like this happens.
we got 50million gun owners, do you see million accidents a year???

RESIDENT TROLL.

#38    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Got my first gun when I was 8 or 9.  Was never allowed to "play" with it.  It was locked up until my dad and I went shooting.  These parents were irresponsible.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 02 May 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#39    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,625 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postaztek, on 02 May 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

i,m gald you asked.

the only way you can determine if person is not qualified, or not responcible enough is when something bad happens, like  an accident.
and ratio of accidents to total number of gun owners shows you are very much wrong, actually most are qualified, and are responcible.

The ratio of gun owners seez absolutely nothing about the capabilities of the owners, most people who own a gun use it less than twice a year. If cars were used less than twice a year they would be the safest means of transportation.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#40    J. K.

J. K.

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Joined:09 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, TX

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Postaztek, on 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

can you be more specific how you came up with most???? cuz facts sure say different numbers.


View Postaztek, on 02 May 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:


what is so unbelieveble? millions of kids get heir first kiddie rifles at 5-10years of age, and grow up to be responcible adults, and know how to handle firearms. assuming they are tought responcibuility by parents. once in a blue moon somehing like this happens.
we got 50million gun owners, do you see million accidents a year???

If you prefer:  x number of people never turn the coin over.  The x is more than one and is more than it should be.  If you think the number of accidents is insignificant, tell that to the families involved.

Here are some "accidents", gun or otherwise, in my recent memory which could have been avoided through responsible behavior.  I put that in quotation marks, because my opinion is that irresponsibility leads to a higher percentage of accidents.

•  A 12 year old boy was cleaning his rifle on the front porch of his home.  His rifle discharged, wounding his 5 year old brother and killing him.
•  A wife shot and killed her husband because she lost her temper during an argument.
•  An adult was cleaning his hand gun when it discharged and killed his toddler daughter.
•  A 19 year old driver was speeding in the rain and caused a fatal collision for herself and three others.
•  A football player was driving drunk and cause a wreck which killed his passenger.
•  An 18 year old driver was driving at a high rate of speed at 1:00 a.m. on a Saturday.  His passengers were a a 15 year old boy, a 14 year old girl, and a 12 year old girl.  He lost control of his truck when going over a railroad crossing, popular because it provides air time.  His truck crashed into a mobile home.  The mobile home caught fire and was destroyed.  The truck caught fire, and the driver and the older girl burned alive.

Each one of these examples could have been avoided had one person taken proper responsibility in handling the weapon or vehicle.

I don't care if the statistic is as low as 1%.  That's higher than it needs to be.  No life should be taken as a result of another's irresponsibility.

Edited by J. K., 02 May 2013 - 06:17 PM.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#41    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,112 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostJ. K., on 02 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

[/size]

[size=4]

If you prefer:  x number of people never turn the coin over.  The x is more than one and is more than it should be.  If you think the number of accidents is insignificant, tell that to the families involved.

Here are some "accidents", gun or otherwise, in my recent memory which could have been avoided through responsible behavior.  I put that in quotation marks, because my opinion is that irresponsibility leads to a higher percentage of accidents.

•  A 12 year old boy was cleaning his rifle on the front porch of his home.  His rifle discharged, wounding his 5 year old brother and killing him.
•  A wife shot and killed her husband because she lost her temper during an argument.
•  An adult was cleaning his hand gun when it discharged and killed his toddler daughter.
•  A 19 year old driver was speeding in the rain and caused a fatal collision for herself and three others.
•  A football player was driving drunk and cause a wreck which killed his passenger.
•  An 18 year old driver was driving at a high rate of speed at 1:00 a.m. on a Saturday.  His passengers were a a 15 year old boy, a 14 year old girl, and a 12 year old girl.  He lost control of his truck when going over a railroad crossing, popular because it provides air time.  His truck crashed into a mobile home.  The mobile home caught fire and was destroyed.  The truck caught fire, and the driver and the older girl burned alive.

Each one of these examples could have been avoided had one person taken proper responsibility in handling the weapon or vehicle.

I don't care if the statistic is as low as 1%.  That's higher than it needs to be.  No life should be taken as a result of another's irresponsibility.

so??? when you figure out, someday, that we live in real world, and your number that, it needs to be, is nothing but a myth, wet dream, utopia...etc, or simply unachevable,  (and i see it quite poinless, and couterproductive to apply utopical mesures to real world, and expect it to work),  than we can talk how to improve real world, so far you and a wrighter here suffer from reality disconection disorder. or so it seems.

and still your estimate MOST, in context you used it, holds no water.

Edited by aztek, 02 May 2013 - 06:48 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#42    J. K.

J. K.

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Joined:09 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, TX

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Since an accident occurrence of zero is "unachievable" and to work toward lessening those occurrences is "pointless" and "counterproductive", could you tell me what number or percentage is acceptable in the real world?

"Then we can talk how to improve real world" - if you believe that accidents are unavoidable, then why waste time working on improvements?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#43    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,025 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

There is such a lack of commen sense in this world we have to have two or three pages of warnings on everything we buy. I wonder how many times someone was killed before they add each warning? Now there are so many warnings people don't even bother to read them, but the products are still on the market and people are still being killed by them. It's not so bad with electrical appliances anymore, with the new ground fault outlets and breakers. Thankfully, the manufactures have covered their butts and can't be sued now anyway. That's all that really matters isn't it? Unless it's a gun.


#44    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 7,518 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Postaztek, on 02 May 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

what is so unbelieveble? millions of kids get heir first kiddie rifles at 5-10years of age, and grow up to be responcible adults, and know how to handle firearms. assuming they are tought responcibuility by parents. once in a blue moon somehing like this happens.
we got 50million gun owners, do you see million accidents a year???
What is unbelievable is that companies are making these guns for children and your government are trying to enforce rules to make guns more difficult to purchase for "adults".
Thats quite scary really...millions????

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#45    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,025 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 May 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

The ratio of gun owners seez absolutely nothing about the capabilities of the owners, most people who own a gun use it less than twice a year. If cars were used less than twice a year they would be the safest means of transportation.

Like most other mechanical things, if cars were used only twice a year people would be out of practice, uncertain and not familiar with new circumstances like roundabouts.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users