Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolves

DarkCreed

I am curious to see how many people here believe in werewolves? I never had seen one, or a creature that looked like one but you know, the truth it out there.

To all of you who don't believe in werewolves, just say you don't. Don't go on with a big paragraph about why you dont think they exist, you never seen one before have you? Maybe that is stopping you from believing?

I believe in werewolves and other 'fantasy' creatures. I believe in other demensions.

I am curious to see how many people here believe in werewolves? I never had seen one, or a creature that looked like one but you know, the truth it out there.

To all of you who don't believe in werewolves, just say you don't. Don't go on with a big paragraph about why you dont think they exist, you never seen one before have you? Maybe that is stopping you from believing?

I believe in werewolves and other 'fantasy' creatures. I believe in other demensions.

Not a believer in werewolves.

I don't believe in werewolves. Wouldn't that be wild if they really did exist. Talking about being afraid to go out at night during certain times of the month.

I don't believe in Werewolves either, except as an interesting piece of folklore.

:no:

Wow.... 1 out of 6 posters so far do not believe. OP, if I might ask-what is it that drives your belief?

Well I didn't think so, but I was just reading that thread about the person who woke up sore and it made me think: The other day I was awake and had a stomach ache, I farted and it went away, I thought it was just gas at the time but now I know this means I'm a werewolf and I therefore do believe!

Life is truly amazing. There is still so much unknown out there! Don't be tricked by facts...

Edit: Because I believe was it ok that I wrote a paragraph? If not, I'm sorry. Just wanted to share my experience.

Edit edit: Structure of my edit.

Edited by Timonthy

Well I didn't think so, but I was just reading that thread about the person who woke up sore and it made me think: The other day I was awake and had a stomach ache, I farted and it went away, I thought it was just gas at the time but now I know this means I'm a werewolf and I therefore do believe!

Life is truly amazing. There is still so much unknown out there! Don't be tricked by facts...

Edit: Because I believe was it ok that I wrote a paragraph? If not, I'm sorry. Just wanted to share my experience.

Lol. Yes as long as you agree with the OP, I think you can write as much as you want. It's the disagreeing opinions she doesn't want to hear about. I love your line "there is still so much unknown out there! Don't be tricked by facts...". I might have to steal that for my quote :lol:

No, I don't. It's not even like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster, where people have sightings. Werewolves are secured more as lore, and not as a possible cryptid lurking around.

• Like 1

Lol. Yes as long as you agree with the OP, I think you can write as much as you want. It's the disagreeing opinions she doesn't want to hear about. I love your line "there is still so much unknown out there! Don't be tricked by facts...". I might have to steal that for my quote :lol:

Haha I'd be so humbled if you did! ;)

I am an active ghost hunter and I have been called on to investigate bigfoot,lizard man,ufo sightings,alien invasions,and black panther sightings,but no one has called me about a werewolf sighting yet.Personally I do not believe that werewolves exist.

No, a person cannot transform into a wolf...

• Like 1

No. No werewolves.

Biology doesn't work that way.

Nibs

• Like 1

Ah, its okay. I just don't want a dis believer going on with like, I don't know...Saying stuff that they don't exist. You know, I may be wrong about werewolves. But like you said, don't be tricked by facts.

No, a person cannot transform into a wolf...

I never said that they can transform.

I never said that they can transform.

Isn't that the basic definition of a werewolf? Or has it changed again like sparkly vampires.

• Like 1

Ah, its okay. I just don't want a dis believer going on with like, I don't know...Saying stuff that they don't exist. You know, I may be wrong about werewolves. But like you said, don't be tricked by facts.

BTW - welcome to the forum.

Now, you should probably recognize that when you post something you will receive responses that are pro and con. If a non-believer says "No" they will likely explain WHY they say what they do.

Just as a believer may support their belief.

You'll get all flavor here. :)

Nibs

No I don't believe in the pop culture , Teen-wolf type werewolf.

I have however heard some compelling arguments that perhaps in previous eras , such as in the Beast of Gevaudan story, there was an unidentified subspecies of wolf which were misidentified as "werewolves".

Welcome to the forum

there are many viewpoints on many, many topics here at UM. If you limit your exposure to only the ones you agree with, then what positive service have you done for yourself? Perahps I'm being idealistic when I say that a discussion board such as this, is designed to entertain, inform, and hopefully in the process facilitate personal growth through interaction with people who strengthen our views, but also through reading the viewpoints of those who would disassemble our views. Both are equally valid.

I came to UM a believer in many things that would be considered paranormal and I thought that I was basing those beliefs on solid logical thought. Then, through participating in discussions I began to realize how flimsy my thinking was. Now I am more of a skeptic, though an open-minded one. I'll always change my thinking in the face of incontrivertable evidence.

At any rate, my path and yours likely won't be the same - nor should they be - but if you deny yourself the exercise of participating in discussion, you are only stunting your own growth.

Oh and I think that Timothy was being sarcastic about being tricked by facts. ;)

Namaste' :)

Edited by orangepeaceful79

I don't believe in Werewolfs.

Realistically speaking, if Werewolfs existed, atleast in urban neighborhoods, you'd hear of people going missing nearly every week, and investigators finding the mangled remains of the last unfortunate victim.

I'm not a believer in werewolves. However, the idea of the werewolf rising at the full moon connects well with some resurrection myths, and I think it partially expresses that notion. Compare with Artemis, who is a deity of the Moon, and is also a hunter of wild beasts; Buddha, who confronts the armies of Mara by the full moon, to achieve enlightenment. And Amun. '..who gives breath to him who is wretched . . . His wrath passes in a moment; none remains. His breath comes back to us in mercy.'

No and yes. IMO, there's a few different takes in the whole werewolf mythos. My disbelief or belief kind of shifts around. So.

Bitten by wolf, physically transform into a wolf, shift by the light of the moon kind of were? No.

Mental and physical afflictions that are very wolfie? Yes.

Real canines or other critters that are misidentified? Yes.

The whole spiritual travel or melding or whatever with a wolf kind of thing? I'm not sure. I don't think we have enough information in that area.

I have a lot of different notions on how werewolf legends come into being and keep wandering around, but I don't think those count on the yes or no sides of belief :)