Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bombs away in Israel & Gaza.. Again...

Professor T

Yeah I don't see Egypt getting that involved in this. Too much to lose if they got directly involved. Those who are hoping for WW3 are going to be disappointed again.

The US pumps large amounts of cash into the ME and this keeps a lot of people quiet.

The unwavering support by the US and the UK is astounding, considering Israel has yet to comply with to any of the resolutions passed (see list) by the United Nations in relation to the Middle East conflict..

The list is amazingly long..

Unfortunately this is true but until the balance of power changes there will be no change,thats why Isreal are sabre rattling over Iran.If Iran aquires a working nuclear weapon then Isreal wouldn't be the regional bully anymore.

• Like 1

The latest attacks by Israel against Gaza have been condemned as a violation of international law. However the US and UK have given their unwavering support to the new strikes on Gaza?

I guess if international Law means nothing... Then national Laws mean even less. Quite an insane situation isn't it..

To be fair it seems whenever the UN gets bored they pass resolutions against Israel. They're not saints at all but there are plenty of worst countries in the world that more deserve the attention and hatred.

As for the current conflict the Israelis need to get it through their skulls that high civilian deaths, regardless of military targets in the area, are only going to p*** the world off. And the Palestinians need to get it through their skulls that endlessly launching rockets at another country is only going to get themselves attacked. Just another example about how neither side wants peace and just wants to butcher each other.

Edited by Corp

The latest attacks by Israel against Gaza have been condemned as a violation of international law. However the US and UK have given their unwavering support to the new strikes on Gaza?

I guess if international Law means nothing... Then national Laws mean even less. Quite an insane situation isn't it..

Did International law mean anything in the Gulf War....

Why don't we just sperarate them on opposite sides of the world?

Oh, wait, I guess they want the same land.

When the Oil Wells have dried up, the Middle East will be yesterdays news, and no one will care

Egypt have summoned the Israeli envoy to Cairo have recalled the Egyptian ambassador to Tel Aviv.

Demonstrators have gathered outside the Arab League headquarters to voice their anger over the deadly air and ground attacks, which have been targeting Gaza since Wednesday and have so far killed at least 21 people..

Flags are burning. (no surprises here really) nothing new.. oh, except that the Arab league are in control of egypt now.. In 1979, Egypt became the first Arab country to sign a peace treaty with Israel.. There are calls now to ditch that treaty.

To be fair it seems whenever the UN gets bored they pass resolutions against Israel. They're not saints at all but there are plenty of worst countries in the world that more deserve the attention and hatred.

As for the current conflict the Israelis need to get it through their skulls that high civilian deaths, regardless of military targets in the area, are only going to p*** the world off. And the Palestinians need to get it through their skulls that endlessly launching rockets at another country is only going to get themselves attacked. Just another example about how neither side wants peace and just wants to butcher each other.

Past resolutions, conflicts and occupations are completely relivant to this situation unfolding right now.. Ignoring issues doesn't make them go away. Also, note: In the Global Peace index, Israel ranks 150th out of a possible 158. I am not pointing fingers at Israel as israel include millions of displaced palestinians.. I am promoting facts..

On your sendond point..

Exactly right imo. :tu:

But the rest of the world needs to get involved in a situation that clearly will not resolve it's self without a blood bath.

Edited by Professor T

In heavily populated Gaza scores of civilians have been killed or injured in the latest attacks by Israeli forces. Human rights activists report from its largest hospital that some of the injuries are “consistent with the use of white phosphorous”.

That's guns and rockets v's the 8th greatest military in the world...

I'm not condoning anything here... But this is like fireworks v's sidewinder missiles..

• Like 1

Thing is it's fireworks all the time, even with there are promises to stop them. Israel tends to overact in these situations but several Palestinians seem to look for chances to start a fight. The last few years the Palestinians have taken a more peaceful approach and it's been working imo. I know I'm far more supportive of them than I use to be. Now they're seeing that work disappear because some thugs wanted to see if they could kill civilians with their rockets. So while I don't like their methods I can't really blame Israel for their motives.

Thing is it's fireworks all the time, even with there are promises to stop them. Israel tends to overact in these situations but several Palestinians seem to look for chances to start a fight. The last few years the Palestinians have taken a more peaceful approach and it's been working imo. I know I'm far more supportive of them than I use to be. Now they're seeing that work disappear because some thugs wanted to see if they could kill civilians with their rockets. So while I don't like their methods I can't really blame Israel for their motives.

I think I may have been quite incorrect in my previous statement that this began as a result of some rocket attacks from Gaza.. There are other reports out there that claim that this offensive began with the assasination of Hamas military leader Ahmed Jabari.. The IDF assasination is the earliest report I can find regarding this recent flare up. but who cares who started this round, *ding ding* and was already ready for innevitable retalliation, and already prepped to retalliate anyway.. Is quite difficult weeding the truth from the lies..

People are dying on both sides of the fence. One neigher armed with fireworks, the other with enough firepower to destroy the earth..

Three people were killed as a result of the Grad rocket attack on Kiryat Malachi Thursday morning. The three were killed during or within minutes of the attack, after efforts to save them failed.

Six others were injured, including two infants, one of them eight months old. An additional victim, a four year old boy, was taken to Tel Hashomer hospital in central Israel for treatment. along with his father. The boy was in serious condition, and the father in moderate condition. Altogether, seven people were injured in the Kiryat Malachi attack. Six others were treated for shock in the attack..

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/162111

Edited by Professor T

Just been listening to an Isreali spokesman on CNN,same old BS,same old story there will never be Change whilst the Isreali's keep playing the same old record that they have since the late 40's.

• Like 2

I believe it started with a bunch of rocket attacks and an attack on an Israeli patrol. There was efforts to keep things from going further when Israel decided to smoke the Hamas leader.

And Israel has sent troops into Gaza. Damn it Israel knocked that crap off. It didn't end well last time, it won't end well this time.

• Like 1

I believe it started with a bunch of rocket attacks and an attack on an Israeli patrol. There was efforts to keep things from going further when Israel decided to smoke the Hamas leader.

And Israel has sent troops into Gaza. Damn it Israel knocked that crap off. It didn't end well last time, it won't end well this time.

Isreal has always practised State Sanctioned Assasination,and in this regard have a arrogant disregard for State borders.I just think nothing will change until both sides cut each other some slack.

• Like 1

Just been listening to an Isreali spokesman on CNN,same old BS,same old story there will never be Change whilst the Isreali's keep playing the same old record that they have since the late 40's.

Exactly.. Nothing will change until they do. & that requires them accepting their own faults, their own discressions against their neighbours, and the wikedness that they have done..

Isreal has always practised State Sanctioned Assasination,and in this regard have a arrogant disregard for State borders.I just think nothing will change until both sides cut each other some slack.

Exactly.. Nothing will change until both sides are forced to realise this. But the world does nothing but watch it like it's some reality TV show..

That's interesting.. do you have a link? I havn't found any articals claiming that yet.

NM found the sequence of events here..

http://rt.com/news/israel-gaza-terrorism-war-820/

If you look at the sequence of events, there was a lull between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza up until November the 8th, on November 8th Israel killed a Palestinian child and there was some Palestinian retaliation, they blew up a tunnel injuring an Israeli soldier, and then subsequently they fired on an Israeli jeep, injuring 4 Israeli soldiers, then Israel killed two more Palestinian children and during the funeral of the two children who were killed Israel fired on the tent where the attendees at the funeral were present. Then the conflict escalated until November the 12th when there was a ceasefire negotiated and it seemed as if the ceasefire was taking hold, then Israel used the occasion of the ceasefire to assassinate what you might call the strong man of Gaza and also as the Israeli newspapers pointed out, Mr Jaabari who they killed was Israel’s enforcer in Gaza, those are not my words, they belong to the military correspondent for Hareetz, a leading Israeli newspaper.

Edited by Professor T

Something positive.. :)

In Tel Aviv overnight, more than 100 activists turned up outside Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak’s Tel Aviv apartment complex to protest the IDF offensive.

They brandished anti-war banners and chanted slogans against the minister, such as “Defense Minister, Ddefense Minister, how many kids did you kill today?”, “Israel, Palestine, two states for two peoples”, “Money for welfare, not war” and “No war for tycoons.”

That and 30,000 Israeli troops are probably going to invade Gaza and create open war.

Then everyone's allies will be sucked in.

1914 all over again?

1914 all over again?

I hope not.. But the potential is deffinately there while nothing is done to stop it..

• This is the start of Armageddon .

That started with the first bible..

1914 all over again?

Highly unlikely. We've seen this pattern many time before. They'll blow each other up for a while, then there will be a ceasefire that will be ignored at time by both sides, and then they'll glare at each other until the next round.

One bit of good news though is that while the Egyptian PM was in Gaza Israel halted all offensive actions, though Hamas kept launching missiles. So Egypt might be able to broker a truce eventually.

Edited by Corp

I feel that actually both peoples want peace but you have the Militaristic Hamas in control on one side and then Ex Isreali military in control on the other,you need good elected Civillian governments on both sides,who for once might actually talk to each other.

• Like 1

Well from a technology side of things it seems like the Israel missile shield is working pretty good, which is good news all around.

• Like 1

Well from a technology side of things it seems like the Israel missile shield is working pretty good, which is good news all around.

But it seems it can't take every missile being launched