Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

psychic readings


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Xori

Xori

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ontario, Canada

  • Teach the young, respect your elders, live your life to the fullest and leave only paw prints behind...

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:08 AM

It was about just over a year ago a friend of mine invited me to this phychic party thing where we had a phychic come over to her house and give each of us our own personal readings. Now before I really get into this I have to say that I do believe in all of this kind of stuff. But as I awaited for my turn I found myself kind of skeptical on wether or not that this woman was real. Finally when it came to be my turn for the reading I sat down in the chair and commenced my reading. During the reading there were parts where I thought "yeah that could be said for just about anyone" or "this can relate to more than just me" until she went silent for a moment and looked at me and said "So who is Trevor?" At that point I was dumbfounded. I rarely spoke about Trevor to anyone and it wasn't exactly Trevor is that common of a name to pull out of the blue.
My question is, have you had a similar experience with a psychic reading? or have you ever had a reading that was accurate?
I'm interested to hear what other people have experience original.gif

Live for today because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

#2    mold

mold

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined:17 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Africa

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Xori on Mar 12 2008, 06:08 AM, said:

It was about just over a year ago a friend of mine invited me to this phychic party thing where we had a phychic come over to her house and give each of us our own personal readings. Now before I really get into this I have to say that I do believe in all of this kind of stuff. But as I awaited for my turn I found myself kind of skeptical on wether or not that this woman was real. Finally when it came to be my turn for the reading I sat down in the chair and commenced my reading. During the reading there were parts where I thought "yeah that could be said for just about anyone" or "this can relate to more than just me" until she went silent for a moment and looked at me and said "So who is Trevor?" At that point I was dumbfounded. I rarely spoke about Trevor to anyone and it wasn't exactly Trevor is that common of a name to pull out of the blue.
My question is, have you had a similar experience with a psychic reading? or have you ever had a reading that was accurate?
I'm interested to hear what other people have experience original.gif


Well through the years ( sigh the age ) i have only gone to three people that claimed to be pychic . Two of them were rather observant asking questions and trying to guess therefore i had a rather bad comment towards them but i was lucky to meet a 67 year old women which up till today i truely believe she was the real deal . She had obsolutely no connection to my family and lived 20 -30 mins from my old house .

I was rather good at hiding my past and only five people really knew the truth of my hardships and yet she also did what happened to you brought up names which i havent thought of in years , mention one or two rather personal things which i would say with confidence that she had no possible way of knowing at all . Before she started the "reading" she never spoke to me at all soo therefore me by mistake hinting something wasn't possible ( ofcoarse i said hello and what not ) . I used to give her a visit almost every week but sad to say she passed away at 71 . So yes i believe there are people capable of certian things .




#3    Xori

Xori

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ontario, Canada

  • Teach the young, respect your elders, live your life to the fullest and leave only paw prints behind...

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

mold on Mar 12 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

Well through the years ( sigh the age ) i have only gone to three people that claimed to be pychic . Two of them were rather observant asking questions and trying to guess therefore i had a rather bad comment towards them but i was lucky to meet a 67 year old women which up till today i truely believe she was the real deal . She had obsolutely no connection to my family and lived 20 -30 mins from my old house .

I was rather good at hiding my past and only five people really knew the truth of my hardships and yet she also did what happened to you brought up names which i havent thought of in years , mention one or two rather personal things which i would say with confidence that she had no possible way of knowing at all . Before she started the "reading" she never spoke to me at all soo therefore me by mistake hinting something wasn't possible ( ofcoarse i said hello and what not ) . I used to give her a visit almost every week but sad to say she passed away at 71 . So yes i believe there are people capable of certian things .


yeah it was similar with me. This woman lived 30 mins in te opposite direction of the friend of mine's house and i live another 25 mins the other way as well. I never spoke to this woman before in my life except as what you said the friendly hello when I first saw her. It's kind of creepy to know that someone who has no relation or connection to you can pull out your deepest secrets and the parts of your past that no one else knows about.

Live for today because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

#4    Thisisnotmyname

Thisisnotmyname

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut, USA

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

I've had a few freakishly accurate tarot readings in the past...it's always interesting how those things turn out.


#5    juliasommers

juliasommers

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined:28 Feb 2008

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

havent had an accurate one yet.  huh.gif


#6    Xori

Xori

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ontario, Canada

  • Teach the young, respect your elders, live your life to the fullest and leave only paw prints behind...

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

Thisisnotmyname on Mar 12 2008, 05:29 PM, said:

I've had a few freakishly accurate tarot readings in the past...it's always interesting how those things turn out.


yeah the one reading i went to was really accurate its kinda creepy ^^
i really want to get another one donesoon

Live for today because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

#7    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined:05 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Cheshire, England

  • Super Duper effort there, pal.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

I've never had a reading, i wish i could though.  I might see if i can invest in some tarot cards and start to learn how to read them, my aunt can so she might help me, but i need to get a reading done, it would be such an experience!

Best Wishes, AoM xx

You'll give your love to me, for love is blind.

The phantom of the opera is now, your mastermind

#8    jonny b

jonny b

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Joined:09 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:seattle,washington

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

Xori on Mar 15 2008, 09:18 AM, said:

yeah the one reading i went to was really accurate its kinda creepy ^^
i really want to get another one donesoon


I have had a few readings, and they all could not have been more inacurate.I have watched a person who had claimed to be psychic work a crowd pretty smooth, but when it came my turn,"in a private setting" she couldn't have more off then she already was.I actually do believe in this sort of thing, but just like any stranger I ever meet, I proceed with caution till I know the person better, and just do not blindly let them lead me.


Posted Image

#9    Thisisnotmyname

Thisisnotmyname

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut, USA

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

jonny b on Mar 16 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

I have had a few readings, and they all could not have been more inacurate.I have watched a person who had claimed to be psychic work a crowd pretty smooth, but when it came my turn,"in a private setting" she couldn't have more off then she already was.I actually do believe in this sort of thing, but just like any stranger I ever meet, I proceed with caution till I know the person better, and just do not blindly let them lead me.


The fact of the matter is that alot of people who give readings for a price are simply talentless hacks with absolutely no ability to concentrate, interpret the cards, etc. In the case of those who give seances, many are just overly dramatic showmen who make a living by bewildering the random people who come into their shop by doing things like "speaking in tongues"(babbling incoherently), pretending to have body spasms, etc.  Scam artists are everywhere within the "trade" of divination. You have to know where to look to get a decent reading; it generally won't come from people who make you pay them for it. That is not to say ANYONE who makes a living from the trade of divination has no idea what they're doing, however.


#10    AeonsOld

AeonsOld

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined:22 Dec 2007

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

Well me and me yin-yang - which is which i can never remember. Heck two peas in a pod have no clue. Every darn time we try they take one look and close up shop. WTH?


#11    mold

mold

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined:17 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Africa

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:55 AM

Xori on Mar 12 2008, 05:41 PM, said:

yeah it was similar with me. This woman lived 30 mins in te opposite direction of the friend of mine's house and i live another 25 mins the other way as well. I never spoke to this woman before in my life except as what you said the friendly hello when I first saw her. It's kind of creepy to know that someone who has no relation or connection to you can pull out your deepest secrets and the parts of your past that no one else knows about.


Late reply i know  happy.gif  been out of the country on another boring bussiness trip .

I went to a pychic two days ago that i read about on my local newspaper , it went like so

her : you recently lost someone close to you ( ofcoarse that was true and it went down to my age , since i'm rather past my sell by date it can be seen as a common question )

me : no

her : no sorry i misread ( this happened secounds after my responce ) its actually a pricious item to you .

me : wow yes thats true ( a lie)

her : i see the colour black ( well my clothes and car could be an indicater to this )

So yea i was nasty with her but i did the same with the elderly lady i mentioned last time and for my fun costed me 120 rand . So yes there are those fakes which make guesses apon how you present yourself , your moods and reads your reactions based on the question they asks which makes it rather hard to find *real ones* well thats my two cents .











1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users