Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin charges critics with 'blood libel'

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Sarah Palin released a video statement Wednesday calling the rush to pin blame on conservatives for the Tucson shooting a “blood libel.”

“Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own,” she said. “They begin and end with the criminals who commit them.”

The rest of the story here

Very sad indeed.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#2    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

See why the left hates her?

She is a fighter and don't simply cave in to the left tactical attacks.

#3    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

As a Democrat ... not a loon I state this.  The far left media have gone way overboard with their attacks, while at the same time hypocrisy.  Not all of them ... yet some have went way overboard.  Cannot find something at the moment to attack a female governer with ... attack here children and grandchildren.

A democratic elected by Arizonia is shot and within minutes Satan jerked off and many including the Sherriff of that town spewed insane hatred, pointed fingers and said things that put others such as O'Reilly, Beck, Palin and Limbaugh in extreme danger.  What they did was a threat on their lives.

While the right have been conditioned in their attacks on the left ... the left have seen to come down with a case of blog rabies!!!  There should not be one rational person on this site who believes otherwise.  Even our local newspaper did the same.  Shame on these crooked, hateful idiots.

IT ASHAMES ME TO BE CALLED THE SAME AS PEOPLE SUCH AS THESE!!!
I recently "for a student" and "a question" did a questionarre to see where many at the UM stood within right and left boundries.  I found it easy to see that we are directly in the middle.  It is we in the middle who need to shut these hate mongering, life threatning idiots up ... before the next person/people are killed.

There is much power in the words of the media ... great power!!!  I'm bad with Yoda .. yet I believe he would have stated something like this .. "too far, this has went"!!!

Edited by Ignus Fatuus, 12 January 2011 - 04:58 PM.

#4    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

Yeah, she is a clear thinker when it comes to dealing with using targeting hairs to point out the opposition that needs to be taken down.

What a ditz. Her 15 minutes were over long ago. Let her fade into the comic book portion of history.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#5    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

There are finger pointers on both sides.  What astounds me, is how anyone points out how bad the finger pointing is, but then continues to do the same thing.

It reminds me of third graders.  "Yeah, I kicked him, but he kicked me first"

#6    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 12 January 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, she is a clear thinker when it comes to dealing with using targeting hairs to point out the opposition that needs to be taken down.

What a ditz. Her 15 minutes were over long ago. Let her fade into the comic book portion of history.
Her 15 minutes will never stop when people who hate her keep bringing her up.

#7    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,115 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Sadly, it's the probably inevitable consequence of the polarisation of American politics, and the way that the bickering has, since the last election, gone way beyond bickering and it seems at times as if some (on one side in particular, it's an inescapable fact), fuelled, it seems, almost entirely by an unprecedentedly bitter crop of sour grapes, seem to gleefully look forward to civil war.  Perhaps the US will one day follow most of the rest of the world in realising that all parties are pretty much the same and it really doesn't make the slightest difference which one is in power, but as long as the equation in the minds of so many seems to be "liberal=communist=terrorist", that time seems to be a long way off.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#8    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,359 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 12 January 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

lets see if i say lets take a stand against bush, that is good.  if i say lets take a stand against obama, that means i want him shot.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#9    Agent X

Agent X

Illustrious Potentate Of All Time Space And Matter

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Considering liberals are doing their best to blame her for the shootings, then I think it's an apt analogy.

Posted Image

#10    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

View Postzenfahr, on 12 January 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

Sarah Palin released a video statement Wednesday calling the rush to pin blame on conservatives for the Tucson shooting a “blood libel.”

“Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own,” she said. “They begin and end with the criminals who commit them.”

The rest of the story here

Very sad indeed.
While I agree with the actual words she's saying, she's being a hypocrite. The tea and republican party have been just as eager to blame the left.

#11    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,587 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

While Sarah Palin is right to criticise anyone who is trying to apportion blame for this tragedy upon anyone other than the shooter, she could have handled this a little better. Other politicians have made conciliatory remarks about toning down their rhetoric and Palin has missed a chance to join them on the moral high ground. Not saying she apologises for any previous rhetoric, just makes a simple acknowledgement that lively debate doesn't have to include references - however indirect - to physical violence and the use of firearms.

Serious question for the Americans posting here. If a politician in the US uses reason and intelligence to debate or try to make a point to the public, rather than hype and inflammatory rhetoric, are they seen as 'weak' or 'elitist'?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#12    Agent X

Agent X

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Actually most people won't care to listen. Most people don't rely on reason and intelligence but how people sound.

Especially in my neck of the woods, reason and intelligence are just a lot of mumbo jumbo.

Posted Image

#13    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

What I really want to know is .... why does she have anything to say in the first place? Could have simply stated that, this was a tradgic event and her prayers were with the families... done and done.  But like stated in the article, she has now and forever linked herself to this event. Best way to respond to finger pointers is to ignore them all together, not legitimize their accusations with a responce.  

Just my opinion.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#14    Agent X

Agent X

• 5,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Why shouldn't she have anything to say?

Thousands upon thousands of liberals across America are blaming her for the shooting tragedy along with Beck, FOX News, and the Tea Party.

Why should she just shut up?

Doesn't she have any right to defend herself?

At all?

It doesn't matter if she doesn't say anything anyways. The hypocritical liberals will do anything they can to blame her for everything that's wrong with the world.

And she really hasn't done anything to deserve this kind of vitriol other than being a Conservative Christian.

But I guess that's the greatest sins of all time according to the liberal mindset. Being Conservative and Christian.

Free speech is not just for liberals. It gives everyone a right to speak their opinion.

And a right to defend themselves against unwarranted scapegoating.

Posted Image

#15    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 12 January 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Serious question for the Americans posting here. If a politician in the US uses reason and intelligence to debate or try to make a point to the public, rather than hype and inflammatory rhetoric, are they seen as 'weak' or 'elitist'?

I won't vote for anyone that uses mainly inflammatory rhetoric...which limits the choices tremendously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users