Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Next Sexual Revolution...

nwo

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    7STAR

7STAR

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

There is a culture war in full effect in these United States and there are those who want to drag us back to the Dark Ages where dialogues about sexual identity and alternatives to sexual monogamy didn’t exist. Fortunately, we can’t go back — as much as these ignoramuses would like. We are in what the anthropologist Margaret Meade called a prefigurative stage. The myths and symbols that gave meaning and direction to our culture have lost much of their significance (and with good reason), and we are only beginning to create a new cosmology, a culture that respects sex, pleasure, and sensuality; new myths and icons that provide relevant models for a new consciousness of ourselves and of the earth. —( http://thefreshxpres...al-suppression/ )

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy.

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,101 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

The myths and symbols that gave meaning and direction to our culture have lost much of their significance (and with good reason), and we are only beginning to create a new cosmology, a culture that respects sex, pleasure, and sensuality; new myths and icons that provide relevant models for a new consciousness of ourselves and of the earth

I hope so.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I wandered round the outside of the OP for a while, couildn't find a way in, so sat down and had a rest.

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    7STAR

7STAR

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

how delightfully cryptic

Edited by 7STAR, 10 July 2012 - 02:24 PM.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as a logical fallacy.

#5    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Sexual Revolution were do I sign up to join. 1st rule of a Revolution kill all the lawyers lol

#6    7STAR

7STAR

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

i hope you appreciate what i'm giving up to post this. ;;;p

https://www.facebook...data=/954/idea/

#7    Heiko

Heiko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

That reminds me of the ancient times of Egypt or the Roman Empire. You know these obelisk statues? In fact they were meant to represent the penisses of the Emperors/Pharaos (to "demonstrate" their power)^^. In my city there is one of those phallus statues and I can't pass that place without telling everyone what they depict XD.

If the revolution succeeds we might already have a lot of holy monuments^^

#8    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hedonism is a dead end because it's only goal is to please the limbic system and that makes our executive functioning weaker in turn.

What is up with the infographic?

#9    7STAR

7STAR

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

i'm not talking about outright hedonism. i'm talking about leveraging sexual energy into altered states of consciousness / interpersonal awareness.

#10    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

i sometimes wonder at what state of development we all would be if there wouldn't have been religions that condemned sexuality as "dirty", "filthy" or generally "bad unless you intend to produce us some more baptized souls".....

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 July 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

i sometimes wonder at what state of development we all would be if there wouldn't have been religions that condemned sexuality as "dirty", "filthy" or generally "bad unless you intend to produce us some more baptized souls".....
Over populated with many fatherless children.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 27 July 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Over populated with many fatherless children.
not necessarily....we came up with contraceptive methods and i know a lot of patchwork families in which the kids grow in happily, although one of their parents might not be their biological one. I have a daughter myself, i didn't "make" her, but met her mom when she was in her 6th month of pregnancy. I was there at her birth and the first to hold her in my arms. She is my daughter since then and i love her very much. Taking care of children has NOTHING to to with living monogamous or not and a lot of children are neglected although they came from (whatever) religious families.

#13    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

A system to fulfill desires. The hippies gave way to many children who became without parents and panhandle for a living outside of the places you like to visit.

A really bright future bro.

These societies have come and they have not stayed for good reason. We go against the system again and again by trying to prove that is right. The average person goes through 8 people before marriage. What are you testing here with this ? The waters or how one limbos with your private part?

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 July 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

not necessarily....we came up with contraceptive methods and i know a lot of patchwork families in which the kids grow in happily, although one of their parents might not be their biological one. I have a daughter myself, i didn't "make" her, but met her mom when she was in her 6th month of pregnancy. I was there at her birth and the first to hold her in my arms. She is my daughter since then and i love her very much. Taking care of children has NOTHING to to with living monogamous or not and a lot of children are neglected although they came from (whatever) religious families.
So you are in a monogamous relationship and takeing care of child correct? If there were no blocks to promiscuity ( without birth control) don't you think there would be many more children without parents and many more transfers of STDs.

It's fairly evident in circles where there are no social blocks to sexual promiscuity.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#15    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,332 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

A 2nd revolution? I'm still recovering from the first! IMHO, back then, tantric sex was often just an easy to get into the sack, with little or no emotional attachment or commitment, despite the "spiritual" aspect of it. The spirituality part of it often disappeared after the act. And however the energy is altered, it's still the woman who gets pregnant and is often left holding the baby. Before one attempts to leverage sexual energy into  a greater consciousness the ground rules about commitment & responsibility should be made clear.

Also tagged with nwo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users