Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Objects recorded on Dec. 6, 2014

Meditation and Prayer

This is a pic from the video I recorded. I originaly captured an orb of some sort but there was other activity going on above it. You must zoom in to the red arrow to see what I mean.

post-95978-0-55127600-1422469171_thumb.p

Stealth Orb. But:

1) What was this "other" activity?

2) Where is the video? (as in where was it recorded, when was it recorded, how was it recorded, and where is the actual video?)

3) "Orb of some sort". Do you mean the dust variety or the bug variety?

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

I don't see anything at all. The arrow just points at more black on top of a field of black.

This is a pic from the video I recorded. I originaly captured an orb of some sort but there was other activity going on above it. You must zoom in to the red arrow to see what I mean.

Can you please explain what we're supposed to be seeing in your picture. The red arrow isn't pointing at anything, there's nothing there, it's all black.

Can you please explain what we're supposed to be seeing in your picture. The red arrow isn't pointing at anything, there's nothing there, it's all black.

I managed to filter out some of the 'magnetic-background-distortion-haze' ...and now i'm pretty sure that it's....

cloaking-klingon-bird-of-prey.jpg

KLINGON!!!...Quick, take cover. :gun::tsu::whistle:

Cheers.

• Like 4

Use the zoom on your browser to at least 260% and you should be able to see the image. You should view it in dark lighting because it enhances contrast with the screen and takes away glare. I do not know how to upload the original video but I will if someone could post the link.

Use the zoom on your browser to at least 260% and you should be able to see the image. You should view it in dark lighting because it enhances contrast with the screen and takes away glare. I do not know how to upload the original video but I will if someone could post the link.

Huh? That's not going to help. Other posters already put your image through the ringer and...nothing.

What a waste of time. Apart from the fact that the OP seems pretty much oblivious to the replies given, and has rudely started another thread to try to get the result s/he wants, this is a complete beat up.

Here you go, Meditation and Prayer:

post-95887-0-78546000-1422753240_thumb.j

THAT is your image, PROPERLY adjusted to bring out every possible iota of detail. For anyone who wishes to verify that for themselves, simply save the supplied image and then open it in any decent image processing program. (You don't need Photoshop! - I'd recommend XnView as a freebie that will happily do this sort of work..) Then find the 'Gamma' function - this is a special routine that brightens/darkens an image but is largely non-destructive - ie it tries to keep any detail intact (unlike brightness and contrast controls that can destroy detail). Using Gamma, wind the image brightness up so the background 'noise' becomes visible and the image becomes mid-greyish. Then, carefully add some contrast. THAT is how you reveal 'hidden' detail.

Now, first up, yes, there is a small squiggle of lighter pixels near the arrow. But, hang on - look all over the image. What do you notice? Here, let me help you with that:

1. Your image is now showing HUGE amounts of background noise in the form of squiggles, streaks and grainy spots, ie variations in the pixel/amplifier output that show that these pixels are being pushed WAY beyond the absolute limit of their light resolving ability, and are now simply giving FALSE details that show nothing more than background pixel and amplifier variations. It is NOISE. It has NOTHING to do with the scene it is pointed at.

2. There are similar squiggles all over the image!!!! Why aren't they 'special'?

As soon as you see that sort of garbage in an image, any sensible person will realise that any such 'squiggle' is completely and utterly meaningless. Yes, it could just possibly be pointing right where a Klingon vessel was..... But in simple terms, even if it was, that camera/phone/sensor is utterly incapable of resolving any useful detail whatsoever at those light levels.

Now I might sound rather harsh here, but seriously, I'd love to know what the OP was doing poring over the images looking for this stuff, and then, when they found 'it', didn't bother to look anywhere else on the image, or to consider that such a crappy camera is not suitable for night scenes. And if it hadn't been posted TWICE I would probably have stayed out of it, but given that this seems to be a grab for attention, I think the harshness is required. OP, get a better camera, and learn about your tools before using them for something completely inappropriate.

• Like 5

What a waste of time. Apart from the fact that the OP seems pretty much oblivious to the replies given, and has rudely started another thread to try to get the result s/he wants, this is a complete beat up.

Here you go, Meditation and Prayer:

post-95887-0-78546000-1422753240_thumb.j

THAT is your image, PROPERLY adjusted to bring out every possible iota of detail. For anyone who wishes to verify that for themselves, simply save the supplied image and then open it in any decent image processing program. (You don't need Photoshop! - I'd recommend XnView as a freebie that will happily do this sort of work..) Then find the 'Gamma' function - this is a special routine that brightens/darkens an image but is largely non-destructive - ie it tries to keep any detail intact (unlike brightness and contrast controls that can destroy detail). Using Gamma, wind the image brightness up so the background 'noise' becomes visible and the image becomes mid-greyish. Then, carefully add some contrast. THAT is how you reveal 'hidden' detail.

Now, first up, yes, there is a small squiggle of lighter pixels near the arrow. But, hang on - look all over the image. What do you notice? Here, let me help you with that:

1. Your image is now showing HUGE amounts of background noise in the form of squiggles, streaks and grainy spots, ie variations in the pixel/amplifier output that show that these pixels are being pushed WAY beyond the absolute limit of their light resolving ability, and are now simply giving FALSE details that show nothing more than background pixel and amplifier variations. It is NOISE. It has NOTHING to do with the scene it is pointed at.

2. There are similar squiggles all over the image!!!! Why aren't they 'special'?

As soon as you see that sort of garbage in an image, any sensible person will realise that any such 'squiggle' is completely and utterly meaningless. Yes, it could just possibly be pointing right where a Klingon vessel was..... But in simple terms, even if it was, that camera/phone/sensor is utterly incapable of resolving any useful detail whatsoever at those light levels.

Now I might sound rather harsh here, but seriously, I'd love to know what the OP was doing poring over the images looking for this stuff, and then, when they found 'it', didn't bother to look anywhere else on the image, or to consider that such a crappy camera is not suitable for night scenes. And if it hadn't been posted TWICE I would probably have stayed out of it, but given that this seems to be a grab for attention, I think the harshness is required. OP, get a better camera, and learn about your tools before using them for something completely inappropriate.

I asked him that on his 'other exact same thread'!!

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277573

• Like 3

Tried using youtube to upload this video but the orb gets blacked out. You would have to apply some brightness to see it. Play the video in slow motion and you will see other things also.

download the video from youtube then edit it to see what I captured:

This thread goes nowhere.

Meditation and Prayer, I see you have completely and utterly ignored the REAL analysis of your image. Frankly, I think people like you should be banned from the forum as you are very obviously NOT here to discuss or debate, or LISTEN.

• Like 4

I apologize for the quality of the images and video I have provided. I didn't even know that this was because of a problem with the video quality. I recorded it with a Samsung galaxy S4. You would think it would be capable of more. The reason I examined the video so intently is because of the erratic behavior of the orb; I wanted to see what was going on close up so I zoomed in, applied slow motion with the Kinemaster android app and brightened the video up with the VLC Player.

Saw the video on YouTube, seems like a meteor headed more or less in your direction and slightly 4 o'clock.

You must have seen something else before that to want to record.

Starhunter,

Before I recorded the video I was on the cell phone talking when this object zoomed above (about 30 to 40ft) without sound or any other strobing lights. The altitude increased quickly to where you see it in the video before it completely vanished.

I have had two other experiences like this so that is why I am sensitive to it happening. This is the first time I caught it on camera.

Thorvir Hrothgaard,

Sorry for the late response to your questions but here goes

Stealth Orb. But:

1) What was this "other" activity? I understand the other activity to be distorted pixels now as explained by someone else in the forum.

2) Where is the video? (as in where was it recorded, when was it recorded, how was it recorded, and where is the actual video? I posted the video in the forum but the lighting became darker upon converting through youtube.

3) "Orb of some sort". Do you mean the dust variety or the bug variety? I really don't think it's an orb at all because of its size and visibility but the shape was spherical. It was bright like a star was low to the ground. This is my third time seeing one but first time catching it on camera.

Starhunter,

Before I recorded the video I was on the cell phone talking when this object zoomed above (about 30 to 40ft) without sound or any other strobing lights. The altitude increased quickly to where you see it in the video before it completely vanished.

I have had two other experiences like this so that is why I am sensitive to it happening. This is the first time I caught it on camera.

At least you are trying. Some digital cameras are too slow to start up. The latest mobile does a fairly good job.

Have you seen these things in the same shire? 60 km radius?