Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Posnansky's Astro-alignments, etc.

Willie B Herd

Posnansky studied this site for 50 yrs!!!...and he used the 'celestial hemesphere' method to date Tiawanaku's (Tia) construction @ 15,000 BC!

Scientific facts tell us that Lake Titicaca's water level was very near the Tia Complex, but dropped dramatically about 4,000 yrs. ago, (about 2,000 BC). The Pre-Incan ppl may have had structures built @ Tia BEFORE the lake's water level dropped...BUT AFTER this event, they had to deal w/ a Northerly flowing river in the basin, and they built their water management systems, etc. accordingly. Therefore, the Tia Complex we see today is no more than 4,000 yrs. old. (approx.)

Kalasasaya MAY have contained a calender @ one time, BUT how could anyone in the past 200 yrs. have determined this?? Looking @ old photos of the site, (from the 1880's) ALL I see is a large flat rectangular area w/ a few large pillars of stone located around its perimeter.

Supposedly (according to Posnansky, etc.) there are 11 evenly spaced pillars located along its Western edge that, (during sunsets) each would align to the 'sight stone' @ a specific time, and determined day/month, etc. of yr. Also the "Sun Gate" was somehow involved here.

Fact is, the 'sight stone' was moved at least once, (by Posnansky) and the 'Sun Gate' was moved and also repaired. Not to mention the many earthquake and flood events that have occurred, (causing the pillars to shift from their original positions) since the site was abandoned in approx 1,000 AD, and the widespread pillaging, etc. of stones @ the site since then.

How can anyone possibly accurately determine ANY astro-alignments @ this site??? And/or its age???

Wille B Herd?

Willie B Comingback is more like it ;)

Hopefully not until he learns the magic of the Search function.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2

Not coming back, first time here. Any thoughts on the subject???

My thoughts parallel yours, apparently, in that Posnansky's estimate of age deserved the dustbin it landed in.

Harte

Amazingly, his book (Vol. 1 and 2) is listed on Amazon for $899!!!!!!!!!!!! :td:

It's extremely difficult to find quality Reference Material on this site....esp @ a reasonable price. It seems this generation of Archaeologists aren't giving it away either.

ONLINE: the Bennett papers are good, but very limited in scope/info. IF interested, search 'Tiawanaku-A City Lost In Time' (Atlantisbolivia site) for info and several links. W

Edited by Willie B Herd

Amazingly, his book (Vol. 1 and 2) is listed on Amazon for $899!!!!!!!!!!!! :td:

It's extremely difficult to find quality Reference Material on this site....esp @ a reasonable price. It seems this generation of Archaeologists aren't giving it away either.

ONLINE: the Bennett papers are good, but very limited in scope/info. IF interested, search 'Tiawanaku-A City Lost In Time' (Atlantisbolivia site) for info and several links. W

Personal thanks for rather quickly revealing your wholly misguided agenda. The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages are more than a bit aware of the extreme gross fallacies that you are attempting to promote.

Kindly consider utilizing the search function that is readily available.

• Like 1

Personal thanks for rather quickly revealing your wholly misguided agenda. The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages are more than a bit aware of the extreme gross fallacies that you are attempting to promote.

Kindly consider utilizing the search function that is readily available.

The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages figured this one out rather fast I am sure, but we owe our thanks to Mr. Herd to make it blatantly obvious for even the not-so-experienced and not-so-astute astute readers/contributors to these pages.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

The more experienced and astute readers/contributors to these pages figured this one out rather fast I am sure, but we owe our thanks to Mr. Herd to make it blatantly obvious for even the not-so-experienced and not-so-astute astute readers/contributors to these pages.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Swede, HUH??? :unsure2: My agenda IS to discuss the topic @ hand. :rolleyes:

Badeskov, and all, you are welcome. B)

Edited by Willie B Herd

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hi Bade,

Chuckle! Yes, it may well be that the overall readership does indeed owe a bit of thanks to "Mr. Herd" for not prolonging the evaluation any longer than necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Pos, and his interpretation of the calender: the Pre Incas knew the summer to winter (solstice) sunsets differ from the winter to summer sunsets, and they were one of the first ppl on earth to know this!

RE verticle sun angles: I've been checking my little 'sundial' @ 36 deg N, and w/ a 6' post the shadow @ about midday is 9' 6" long @ winter solstice, (Dec 21st)...and today it was only 1/2" away from this. :santa:

As to pillars lining up with other landmarks. If you are in the Northern or Souther Hemispheres away from the equator, and you put two sticks in the ground, each will point at the other once each day.

For sight aligned pillars and such there has to be evidence that they aligned on specific dates and specific times, otherwise they are just pillars.

• Like 1

I agree, one point I was making is that the 11 pillars Posnansky used to sight have probably been moved more that slightly by earthquakes, flashfloods, etc. Not to mention having the option/opportunity to move the 'sight-stone' to advance the legitamacy of his theories.

• Like 1