Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former Area 51 staff members speak out

Still Waters

After decades of denying the facility's existence, five former insiders speak out.

Area 51. It's the most famous military institution in the world that doesn't officially exist. If it did, it would be found about 100 miles outside Las Vegas in Nevada's high desert, tucked between an Air Force base and an abandoned nuclear testing ground.

Then again, maybe not-- the U.S. government refuses to say. You can't drive anywhere close to it, and until recently, the airspace overhead was restricted--all the way to outer space. Any mention of Area 51 gets redacted from official documents, even those that have been declassified for decades.

It has become the holy grail for conspiracy theorists, with UFOlogists positing that the Pentagon reverse engineers flying saucers and keeps extraterrestrial beings stored in freezers. Urban legend has it that Area 51 is connected by underground tunnels and trains to other secret facilities around the country. In 2001, Katie Couric told Today Show audiences that 7 percent of Americans doubt the moon landing happened--that it was staged in the Nevada desert. Millions of X-Files fans believe the truth may be "out there," but more likely it's concealed inside Area 51's Strangelove-esque hangars--buildings that, though confirmed by Google Earth, the government refuses to acknowledge.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlimJim22

• puridalan

• Belial

• Openminded.Ulsterman

Actualy the American Government confirmed it does exist but only for an airbase. And this is old news, i heard this story about 2 months ago.

Actualy the American Government confirmed it does exist but only for an airbase. And this is old news, i heard this story about 2 months ago.

Chill out dude.

The posted link as todays date for GODSAKE ;)

Friday, May 7, 2010

1:22 p.m. PDT

:tu:

only for an airbase but they would say that wouldn't they, oh tand then they buy up another thirty thousand acres of land around the base?

Chill out dude.

The posted link as todays date for GODSAKE ;)

:tu:

only for an airbase but they would say that wouldn't they, oh tand then they buy up another thirty thousand acres of land around the base?

Yeah, to keep the population out. They did all kinds of secret and highly sensitive (but entirely terrestrial) things there.

Agree Torgo (totally) ;)

Still, they never explained the federal government policy on why an US citizen (civilian, not spy or soldier) can't see or discuss of, film or audio record, and hikers can't be near the perimeter beyond the red warning sign (someone taken a picture of the sign and the base over Groom Lake many times) about this is part of the Nellis Air Force Range, not a non-existent base in the Nevada desert.

Meanwhile, the Soviet spy satellites about 1,000 kms above Area 51 taken several aerial photos in the late 1980's to display the top secret air base did exist and the Reagan administration about ready to have a nuclear war with the USSR didn't friggin' care. Does it make you wonder what the feds' priorities are...to keep us quiet about "alien" sensitive information about aircraft technology. :mellow:

Still, they never explained the federal government policy on why an US citizen (civilian, not spy or soldier) can't see or discuss of, film or audio record, and hikers can't be near the perimeter beyond the red warning sign (someone taken a picture of the sign and the base over Groom Lake many times) about this is part of the Nellis Air Force Range, not a non-existent base in the Nevada desert.

They didn't explain it because pretty much everyone understand the purpose (if not the meaning) of Top Secret.

First they denied it. Then confirmed it. Once again denied it. Make up your mind.

I'll finish reading the article after dinner.

Er, where's the conspiracy? The article debunks the conspiracies and leaves us with what was obvious all along: the place was secret because they were testing secret aircraft there.

I agree with most of the other posts here... this is nothing close to new information. The writer of this LA Times articles speaks as if she just now has confirmation of the existence of this base. We've all known this for some time. Test flights here during the Cold War, and especially the U-2 flights, are common knowledge. I'm sure there are interesting stories out there from men like these about test flights and secrecy in the 60's... but I'm more interested in what's been happening lately (and I use that word loosely, by "lately" I'll say the last 20 years). The base continues to expand, as that's evident in satellite pictures. Lights over the base defy physics, making impossible stops and turns in the sky. And a runway that's 12 miles long? This is what the conspiracies are about. Not a bunch of retired old men talking about flying Lockheed Martin aircraft back in the day. It was still an interesting read, but we're definitely not debunking anything here. As she writes in the article, it will probably be another 40 years before we find out what kind of technology is being tested today.

I agree with most of the other posts here... this is nothing close to new information. The writer of this LA Times articles speaks as if she just now has confirmation of the existence of this base. We've all known this for some time. Test flights here during the Cold War, and especially the U-2 flights, are common knowledge. I'm sure there are interesting stories out there from men like these about test flights and secrecy in the 60's... but I'm more interested in what's been happening lately (and I use that word loosely, by "lately" I'll say the last 20 years). The base continues to expand, as that's evident in satellite pictures. Lights over the base defy physics, making impossible stops and turns in the sky. And a runway that's 12 miles long? This is what the conspiracies are about. Not a bunch of retired old men talking about flying Lockheed Martin aircraft back in the day. It was still an interesting read, but we're definitely not debunking anything here. As she writes in the article, it will probably be another 40 years before we find out what kind of technology is being tested today.

good point.

Well it is TOP SECRET, that's why they don't want people peeping into their information. However, I don't know why they would if they plan to declassify it later on.

Just more dissinformation...maybe ;)

That's exactly the type of article I would order to hide something else.

Disappointing really, but then again as soon as I saw LA Times, I knew it wasn`t going to be juicy.

Well it is TOP SECRET, that's why they don't want people peeping into their information. However, I don't know why they would if they plan to declassify it later on.

Perhaps because it is no longer necessary to convince our Cold War enemies that we are reverse engineering UFOs to come kick their asses?

As for it *still* containing 'alien technology', I am of two minds.... Either they are extremely foolish to keep things like that there when everyone has heard of Area 51 or, as George Bernard Shaw said, "The best kept secret is one that everyone guesses."

Boring

They are stating things that happened nearly 70 years ago if not more...

From what I've seen besides area 51, bases all over the globe have interesting new gadgets, you just got a be a nobody walking at night, and woohllah. The only thing I did find interesting was all of their names, along with the wives names, I found them more interesting than the actual project. But then again I like knowing things about people in general. Curious, what does everyone think about the man "Collins" in particular.

On a funny side note last year in 09, at my college library I did some browsing and came upon a UFO book that talked about pilots having to sign the document, mentioned briefly in this passage, and if military pilots said anything what so ever, they would be fined 10 grand, that's what it said in the book I read, I just find it funny though when I read this passage.

Again all of what they mentioned as people said before is old news. Now they have hovering aircrafts, crafts that go even faster, that dont' make any noise...that's not even the ones you see released, they seem to be coming out faster and faster. If not that, now it's the 'mind explosion' from the 90s going even further and further into more artifical intelligence. I would like to be suprised by one of their 'gadgets' one day, so far though I'm not that impressed. I know, I know you're thinking who in the hell gives you the right to say that especially when I know yes I could never build an aircraft of that nature to begin with.

Even so, it's like a bad magic trick...

Adding:

I'm not interested in aircrafts, as well as persay the human test subjects they are using and so forth...that is what I would be interested in more so.

In short I want to know the people that are inside there, I want to 'know' them..if that's not creepy

Did anyone else find it hilarious that one of the places was named "jackkkassss" and then the project named "oxcart"..I found that hilarious

Edited by puridalan

Adding:

I'm not interested in aircrafts, as well as persay the human test subjects they are using and so forth...that is what I would be interested in more so.

In short I want to know the people that are inside there, I want to 'know' them..if that's not creepy

Did anyone else find it hilarious that one of the places was named "jackkkassss" and then the project named "oxcart"..I found that hilarious

We just take their story on face value ? Clearly there is craft developed at area 51 and with questions are mistaken for alien craft. Has the government announced aliens are coming here and i missed it ? So if something is going on it would be classified and they're not going to talk about it. How is this article debunking anything ?

What? I am agreein gwith you that i didn't say there were or werent aliens..my own opinion=no aliens.

Secondly, I certainly don't take everything the media saids to be true..I was speaking of human testing sites..that would be in area 51, along with another 1000s of areas in the world lol.

From what you quoted of me..I do not see how you are even having this coversation with me...I'm not disagreeing with you. But on a random side note I went to naval base today, and laughed at the technology that is sooo old but still in use bc it 'works'...not to say old isn't bad..just well its still things used in the hippie days. They memorize alllot of numbers for each type ect. They admitted that they didn't have 'new' tech, thats mostly to the air force.

Though there are exceptions as with anything. Plus, the military doesn't have all high tech...random people around the world do.

old tech.

sometimes these department stores decide to have a sale, they dress the place up, put up streamers, some even go all-out and put up a flashing light O_O all to peddle their old useless outdated obsolete crap.

(when you've made a substantial investment in merchandise and left holding it.. do you just dump it and lose out on everything.. or do you try to flog it off and recoup losses?)

Imagine. The government undermined. By Google Earth.

This is disclosure. This is real people. Not a bunch of tools that hold a press conference and claim to have "high level security clearances" when what they actually had were generic clearances as security guards and un-validated backgrounds. This is what Are-51 WAS and what it IS. It's not the end-all be-all answer to the UFO question. But it's part of the real answer to Area-51.