Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Problems With Youtube?

MedicTJ

I can't figure this out. Does anyone experience an issue with Youtube where some videos will simply stop? They will load up for me and I'll see it loading quickly...then it just dumps out completely and stops. There's no loading graphic or anything.

I ran a speed test and my connection seems fine...about 15mbps or so...which should be more than adequate for Youtube. Even if I switch the quality to the lowest setting, it still happens.

I have the computer set to scan twice a week and it's never found anything as far as malware or a virus would be concerned.

Scratching my head here.

• Like 1

I have no issues with YouTube other than I'm not allowed access to the site after 9 AM here at work.

The same problem happens to me lately. Usually, to start the video again just change the "quality" setting. This problem just started recently for me, but it did occur last year for a while for me as well.

I can't figure this out. Does anyone experience an issue with Youtube where some videos will simply stop? They will load up for me and I'll see it loading quickly...then it just dumps out completely and stops. There's no loading graphic or anything.

Try upgrading your flashplayer...

I had similiar problem's to what You are having, upgraded flashplayer and since then it has worked fine so far...

Try upgrading your flashplayer

This. Sometimes I have the videos freeze on me but I just hit play again and they start back up. Usually because Im tabbed out and just listening.

I ran a speed test and my connection seems fine...about 15mbps or so...which should be more than adequate for Youtube. Even if I switch the quality to the lowest setting, it still happens.

I have the computer set to scan twice a week and it's never found anything as far as malware or a virus would be concerned.

Scratching my head here.

Oh yes, it quite often does it. You can try various things, I find refreshing it & going back to the point where it left off usually does it, I think it's a downloading problem. Or you can sometimes try changing the quality (if it's on 720, try going back to 480, for instance).

If you use chrome try checking your flash plugins, i had multiple shockwave plugins which would cause youtube videos to stop, sputter and crash to check your chrome plugins type chrome://plugins/ into your URL bar and check to see how many shcokwave plugins there are. I deleted the old and left the newest. no problems since.

Otherwise you could try contacting there support pages

If you use chrome try checking your flash plugins, i had multiple shockwave plugins which would cause youtube videos to stop, sputter and crash to check your chrome plugins type chrome://plugins/ into your URL bar and check to see how many shcokwave plugins there are. I deleted the old and left the newest. no problems since.

Otherwise you could try contacting there support pages

I'd like to see someone manage to do that. All they have is a 'feedback' button where you can type a message, but it specifially says "we cannot reply individually, but thanks for your feedback!!". If they were owned by anyone other than a mighty globe-spanning megacorporation, I wonder if they might have any interest in customer service?

• Like 1

I've been having the same problems too.

But that's mainly because I don't think I can download Flash Player on my I-Pad.

If I can't do it with Google Earth then I havn't got an earthly with Flash Player.

It dosn't really matter because despite the stopping and starting the YouTube vids are still watchable.

I think what the OP needs to do is give the video a chance to let the red line finish.

I honestly think that's why when I pause then play it comes to a grinding halt.

And I've noticed that the quality of the video on YouTube is a factor.

Because many Prisoner Cell Block H videos can run uninterrupted.

Some of these videos are submitted by amateurs so you need a fully accredited one based on a TV series or film.

I hope that helps but honestly if you've got a PC or laptop a Flash Player is sound advice.

I've been having the same problems too.

But that's mainly because I don't think I can download Flash Player on my I-Pad.

If I can't do it with Google Earth then I havn't got an earthly with Flash Player.

It dosn't really matter because despite the stopping and starting the YouTube vids are still watchable.

I think what the OP needs to do is give the video a chance to let the red line finish.

I honestly think that's why when I pause then play it comes to a grinding halt.

And I've noticed that the quality of the video on YouTube is a factor.

Because many Prisoner Cell Block H videos can run uninterrupted.

Some of these videos are submitted by amateurs so you need a fully accredited one based on a TV series or film.

I hope that helps but honestly if you've got a PC or laptop a Flash Player is sound advice.

Well, I just installed the latest, shiny new version of Flash player just the other day, but it still does it from time to time. I think it's a problem at YoTube's end, really.

Well, I just installed the latest, shiny new version of Flash player just the other day, but it still does it from time to time. I think it's a problem at YoTube's end, really.

Well they better get their act together!

Thanks for all the responses, and I took all of the advice and tried what I could.

I've come to the conclusion that it's an issue with Firefox. Youtube runs fine in IE.

I've had this problem too. It's not a case of the video stopping for the grey line to buffer/catch up. If anything I think it's because the video has buffered too far ahead..

I've had this problem too. It's not a case of the video stopping for the grey line to buffer/catch up. If anything I think it's because the video has buffered too far ahead..

That makes sense with what I was experiencing. Like it would load up....and then dump everything out...stalling the video.

• Like 1

I never had this trouble before Google took over you-tube.. Now it less about enjoying the service and being a part of it and more about getting advertising shoved down your gob.

• Like 3

Yes you can always tell a reupload by the advertising. Some folks are even pinching a profit this way.

Edited by AsteroidX

right click the video select settings then turn off hardware acceleration close your browser reload yutube right click again to see if its still unchecked, thats how i fixed two issues with youtube 1,got rid of green screen bs and 2.my videos no longer needed to buffer every 30 seconds.

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 1

My Firefox seems to be getting slower with every update. :(

I think Firefox has had it's day. I've gone back to IE and everything is a lot better.

• Like 1

I think Firefox has had it's day. I've gone back to IE and everything is a lot better.

I'm thinking of giving Opera a try. (the browser, not the singing)

I'm thinking of giving Opera a try. (the browser, not the singing)

Why not try BOTH!! :w00t:

• Like 1