Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Does the Spirit World exist?

poll spirit world god heaven hell

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Does the Spirit world exist? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Doess the Spirit world exist?

1. No, it doesn't, only the material universe exists. We live and we die, gameover. (8 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

2. The spirtual world as we call it is merely an extension of the physical universe. (8 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. There may be a spirtual world, but since I have never experienced it, I remain a skeptic. (9 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Yes the spirit world exists, but that does not mean that it is the biblical one. (16 votes [29.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

5. Yes, the spirit world exists, as expressed by the bible. (13 votes [24.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,332 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

I would ask that you to take the poll before continuing any discussion, so that we can get a clear view of peoples opinions... thanxs.

I ran across this article today while searching for the story about a physician who heard his twins speaking what sounded like a foreign language, only to discover, with the help of linguistics experts, that the language was Aramaic, the language spoken during the times of and in the region where Jesus resided. The article, published in the Llewellyn Journal: New Worlds of Body, Mind & Spirit, is written by Wilma Davidson. Please enjoy!

Is There Proof the Spirit World Exists?
by Wilma Davidson

Is there any proof that the Spirit World exists? Some folks want positive evidence, and many scientists are skeptical of the possibility of life after death. But, look out! This attitude may soon change as new technology is creating equipment which can do amazing things. Already available is equipment that can read air temperature changes. Is this the next miracle about to be revealed? It’s hard to believe, but Nexus New Times and Reuters reports that scientists are developing mind-reading technology in collaboration with researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. So far the implications are that mind-reading computers offer endless potential when used in science, but what about when they are used to link into spirits? Now that’s an interesting thought, and opens up a whole new spectrum!
We humans already fall into three very separate categories:
  • Those of us who believe in the world of spirit, life after death, and reincarnation.
  • The folks who have an open mind but no firm conviction
  • Those who are adamant that death is the end and will remain so until they are shown solid proof
So will this computer be able to link into a spirit presence in a building? Yes, it sounds very far-fetched, but remember the mind lives on after death and so do our senses. So, if this nifty gadget can link into human senses, then technically it should also be able to link into the senses of a deceased spirit. An “emotionally aware” computer is expected to read human thoughts by analyzing a range of facial movements and has been designed to diagnose a person’s mental state.
This new technology is designed as a tool to aid reaction, online teaching and tailored advertising. Now that this new line of thought has opened up, perhaps it won’t be too long before the potential is recognized and a “spirit detecting model” is on sale!
Remember, we are all energy and after death we are still energy, so could this computer give proof of life after death and detect the presence of spirits?

Source: http://www.channelin...t-world-exists/

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#2    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,693 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

I voted like the bible said.  It was the nearest.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#3    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,156 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

I guess I choose to believe in a "spirit world"; I truly hope there is "something else" after I die.

#4    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,693 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

View Postpallidin, on 25 March 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

I guess I choose to believe in a "spirit world"; I truly hope there is "something else" after I die.

There was something before life, so there has to be something after life.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#5    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Yay Heaven!!

:tsu:

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#6    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 234 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

It is such a hard ideology for one to fathom. It would take an immense amount of evidence for me to believe; I must witness the phenomena solely. However, I happen to lack much proof of this matter, yet my belief in it is absolute. Life without an afterlife and before-life wouldn't make much sense through my eyes. Death—something we must all learn to accept during our journey. But what is it that awaits us after journeying the most precious gift of all—life?
   Currently scientists have been only able to prove that we are living physically; eventually we cease to exist without knowing what lies in store after that. The oldest pending, and quite possibly most popular question ever that has yet to be manifested: What happens when we die? An extraordinary question of pure consciousness and indefinite curiosity.  
   Still—how could you be now, without having been once before, and having to be eventually. Past—present—future... All of which are illusion and component of time. Time too is an illusion made up of a consciousness created by human. Present—the ceaseless flow of life and energy.

Edited by Collateral Damage, 26 March 2013 - 05:53 AM.

Undated letter from J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#7    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

I had to go with the second option,though im not entirely convinced it could not be the 4th option.My vote would actually be close to 50/50 on this one.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#8    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

I chose yes, with the bible answer though that's as with my understanding of Jehovah and forgiveness not sure if it's the same as the bible as I haven't read that since I was a child.

I do believe in spirits and use to have some mediumship abilities and be able to pass over information I didn't know to others. I've also felt Jehovah around me when I've really needed him even though I don't go to church or anything but I do believe in him.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#9    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,072 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Could you define spirit world? And one of the questions says spiritual world, not spirit world, do you consider it the same thing? I like the questions.

#10    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,577 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

I voted for non biblical. But the rest of it is not going to come to fruit. I keep up a bit in these things and these mind reading machines still just analyze the brain... It makes no sense to say they might be capable if connecting with spirits. The problem between science and the spirit world is that science is based upon philosophical materialism ( and rightly so). A materialistic methodology is incapable of analyzing something non physical. If we are part of a non physical reality we are only going to be able to experience it with that part of us which is non physical. inheriantly at odds with scientific proof.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#11    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,550 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I voted non-biblical too. I find it hard to believe that spirits would need gold-paved roads and mansions or such... or that any god would think we needed all those trappings.

Who knows though, really? Dead people I guess.

Embrace the impossible.

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I absolutely believe in the spirit world.  Saw a ghost.

EDIT:  Have to admit I had a hard time deciding which poll option to choose.

Edited by Hilander, 26 March 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#13    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 26 March 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

I had to go with the second option,though im not entirely convinced it could not be the 4th option.My vote would actually be close to 50/50 on this one.

I voted for both of these, I hope you guys realize that you could choose more than one option at the same time... :yes:

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#14    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostBeany, on 26 March 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Could you define spirit world? And one of the questions says spiritual world, not spirit world, do you consider it the same thing? I like the questions.

In essence I am not differentiating between the two. The "spirit world" and the "spirtual world" are one and the same thing, although there is now a modern tendency to define spirutality in non spiritual terms. As in appreciating nature is a spirtual approach to maintaining your balance in this world.

It is an attempt to deflate the meaning of the term without losing the vocabulary.

In my view, the spirit world is that which is beyond our physical world. It is the abode of the dead, their spiritual bodies exist in this place. The place itself has a sort of geography to it, and being in one place there is not the same as being in another.

In christian terms, we could define this as the place of the saved and the place of the damned. We could add to this a place of the lost, those that are neither saved or damned. But in essence, we are talking of the spirit world, a place of demons and angels, of heaven and hell among other well known concepts.

Edited by Jor-el, 26 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#15    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostPurplos, on 26 March 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

I voted non-biblical too. I find it hard to believe that spirits would need gold-paved roads and mansions or such... or that any god would think we needed all those trappings.

Who knows though, really? Dead people I guess.

Yet they are described in ways that only the living can relate to. Do you think that the language is simply a metaphor because we cannot imagine what its like there, or is it more the case of the physical world being a reflection of the spiritual and if there are houses in one, then why wouldn't there be houses in the other?

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

Also tagged with poll, spirit world, god, heaven, hell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users