Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Would knowing god existed really change.....

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

be honest, if you knew for a fact that there was a god would you change anything? and how would it impact you. personaly i cant see to many changes in how i life my life if i knew for a fact that there was a god.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#2    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Maybe I'd live the monk's life if I knew for a fact that God exists.

Doubts are what makes you human.

But the devil sure didn't change his life knowing God existed...

#3    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 17 November 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

be honest, if you knew for a fact that there was a god would you change anything? and how would it impact you. personaly i cant see to many changes in how i life my life if i knew for a fact that there was a god.

I would change to be however I felt that god wanted me to be. I just have.. erm, would have.. that urge to please my creator. I guess I'm loyal like that.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#4    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

View Post_Only, on 17 November 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

I would change to be however I felt that god wanted me to be. I just have.. erm, would have.. that urge to please my creator. I guess I'm loyal like that.
i think that would be the natural thing to do, all of us probably would just do what he said in the end if we knew he was real :P

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#5    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,032 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 17 November 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

be honest, if you knew for a fact that there was a god would you change anything?
No, I have no regrets. Live by the golden rule.

#6    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,796 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

And what kind of god? The ruthless dictator variety?

#7    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

probably would not change me in myself that much other then perhaps i would be a bit bitter and angry.

I am a mother, I do not have my children then leave them to starve or be abused at others hands or their own. Yes I teach them, and yes they go on their own, but they never have to go through a life of wondering IF i ever really existed and what my heart yearned for where they are concerned. They never have to go to religion to know of me.

There are millions and millions of mothers out there, my kids do not have to read thousands of books and passages to know which mom raised them and loved them and nurtured them.

I never ever once said 'heres the rules, if yo live them, and beg my forgiveness every time you fall you have a chance of being with me forever but if you break one and do not beg forgivness you will burn in hell forever'.

That is what an abusive spouse does.. 'love me, follow my rules and i wont have to punish you... disobey me and i must punish you, you bring this punishment on yourself, you are to blame that i must discipline you harshly'

So yes, I would probably feel bitter at such a god. Or who knows, I may thing, eh.. it created us to see what would happen and we are the ones who created religion to explain it.. and then of course i would still live as i do and live as an atheist.

All the same in the end.

Posted Image

#8    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

I'd be upset if I found out God was the kind to send non-believing sinners to hell, but I'd serve him anyway out of fear. If he can read my thoughts though, I'm screwed.

Otherwise, I would maybe pray sometimes. I'd hope he'd understand I have my own little mortal life to live and cant spend my sundays praising him.

#9    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

It would have changed me if i thought he doesn't exist. I would have become EVIL! very EVIL! too bad he does, no?

#10    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,796 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostC235, on 17 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

It would have changed me if i thought he doesn't exist. I would have become EVIL! very EVIL! too bad he does, no?
Good thing you believe he exists then.

#11    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 17 November 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

Good thing you believe he exists then.
Believe or disbelieve. that's for your kind.

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,796 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostC235, on 17 November 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Believe or disbelieve. that's for your kind.
My kind is definitely not like yours, homicidal.

#13    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

nope .. coz i already believe he exist

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#14    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 17 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

My kind is definitely not like yours, homicidal.
You believe so?
Assuming is a trait of your kind. I can't really do much about it, believe me i have tried.

#15    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostC235, on 17 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Then it is a good thing you believe in him, I have heard that there are people who are not capable of making good decisions without feeling submissive to some being they feel is better then them, some pple have to be a slave, emotional, physical, sexual to a human, others to what they percieve to be a god or spiritual being.

Myself? I have learned to love people, I love my children, i love my friends, i love myself. I also understand that if I must follow something, then it will be the belief that I should treat others in the manner I wish to be treated, or walk away.

So I guess I have no issues with being an atheist/agnostic.

I am fortunate in that. But I understand others need something more as a crutch, my crutch is living and enjoying it, and understanding that the only way to do that is to make sure that I treat others with the same goodness I want in return and walk away from those who would make me miserable for more then a moment in time.

I like my crutch better. It is there in front of me for me to see each and every moment. No doubts.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users