Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reaper drones pinpoint Jihadi John

seeder

Reaper drones pinpoint Jihadi John: Terrorist has been tracked by British forces but security chiefs fear 'kill or capture' mission would end in failure

Drones flying over Syrian city of Raqqa have tracked Jihadi John

Also believed to have identified hostages wearing orange jumpsuits

Top brass have ruled out rescue mission because IS defences are too strong

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780916/Reaper-drones-pinpoint-Jihadi-John-Terrorist-tracked-British-forces-security-chiefs-fear-kill-capture-mission-end-failure.html#ixzz3FGG7iiii

if this article is accurate, this is definitely better news, because now the SAS can keep an eye on his movements, until such a time that a mission to get him, and any hostages, is more do-able

I do wonder about the 'orange jumpsuits' thing ~ and worry too ... seems it a bit too convenient too ... there's gonna be some red faces if it turns out the jump suits are just decoys ~

• Like 1

I do wonder about the 'orange jumpsuits' thing ~ and worry too ... seems it a bit too convenient too ... there's gonna be some red faces if it turns out the jump suits are just decoys ~

Well we wont know until we know! But the SAS observers are usually pretty damned good. Especially in combo with the drones. And dont forget these drones have a big ZOOM ability, identifying faces shouldn't be too hard..

Well we wont know until we know! But the SAS observers are usually pretty damned good. Especially in combo with the drones. And dont forget these drones have a big ZOOM ability, identifying faces shouldn't be too hard..

Well ... I'll still advise caution ~ bear in mind that under estimating these IS think tanks is what got every one in the same pile of stink in the first place ~

• Like 1

Sure am glad to know this is worldwide news and not something classified.

So is Jihadi John. No doubt.

• Like 2

I logged in just to say this. It's mind-blowing really. It's like playing the

highest stakes game of hide-and-seek in the world, and then giving them

a second chance after you've won. :/

• Like 4

Well theres more than one way to see it really.

A: Could be intentional propaganda, remember - deceiving the enemy is a war strategy

B: Its all or mostly true, which, given the amount of UK and US special forces lurking in the deserts monitoring them, and aircraft that monitor all communications, phone calls etc, PLUS drones circling endlessly gathering endless intelligence and vids/pics.... remember that the (controversial) use of drones in Pakistan has taken out key militants? The drones and their operators were enough to eyeball, identify, then strike the enemies. Plus, we do have some who have defected from IS, who have given info on where hostages 'have' been stored, as well as info on the guys doing the be-headings

C: Its just the Daily Mail making up stories to pad out the papers they need to sell

Yeah, if the report is true, in that the location is "heavily defended by ISIS" a standard rescue operation could well result in the fanatics shooting all the hostages there and any rescue helicopters.

Bad situation for those hostages to be sure. I don't know what to think, short of deploying an air-borne "knock-out" agent.

Then a deployed rescue operation.

Though I heard that that tactic was only a partial success with Russia on that school hostage scenario years ago, with some hostages killed by the potency of the "knock-out" agent.

• Like 1

"Jihad John" the media circus figure of the Syrian war, should we be even risking the lives of our special forces in some sort of headline grabbing Hollywood style rescue mission for hostages - people who have put themselves in arms way, Take the latest person to beheaded. What on earth was he thinking going to Syria, being white, Western and British makes him a prime target for terrorists. He travelled with a large group of British Moslems all of Asian complexion, even though they were all British, ISiL let them go - but kept a hold of Alan Henning the only white British person in the group standing out like a sore thumb.

the common theme throughout each beheading so far is every single one of them had no business being in Syria. they all made the conscious decision to willingly put themselves in danger. on the NEWS Alan Hennings brother-in-law stated the British government never done enough, and is partly to blame; what a misguided fool, the foreign office advised all British Nationals to avoid Syria and not travel there. But the stupidity of people should never be underestimated and sadly they've paid with their lives.

If ISiL is spotted by drones they the complex/house, should be blown to kingdom come. no SAS rescue mission.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

People do stupid things all the time, like go to avalanche prone slopes or ignore warnings about floods and drive into a flooded road, or smoke all their lives. That doesn't mean we can be judgmental and leave them to their fate -- we must nevertheless do whatever can be done.

• Like 1

Right, so now of course The Islamic State are going to stay in exactly the same place, and they're going to keep their prisoners wearing those so distinctive orange jumpsuits, aren't they. I mean, they wouldn't go someplace else, or change into something less conspicuous, they'll stay right where they are, and perhaps give the next Drone that comes over a wave.

Perhaps it's some kind of double bluff and the MoD is actually being very devious here.

What's that? Yes, I'm afraid that doesn't seem very likely to me either.

I think rescuing the hostages should be of top-priority. This weakens ISIS's "bargaining chip" and stance, substantially.

Of course, the coalition-military is well aware of this... I'm not saying something new at all.

But how it can be done perplexes me. This is a very dangerous undertaking, given the circumstances.

Saving the hostages unfortunately has to come second to destroying ISIS. Thus they must not be paid ransom, and it if comes to it (the hostages start being executed anyway) then a military assault is needed and should happen without delay.

• Like 1

On further thought...

If we could non-lethally capture the 1-3 most senior ISIS leaders, then offer an exchange.

Once the exchange is complete, we go-ahead and kick their butt.

• Like 1

"Jihad John" the media circus figure of the Syrian war, should we be even risking the lives of our special forces in some sort of headline grabbing Hollywood style rescue mission for hostages - people who have put themselves in arms way, Take the latest person to beheaded. What on earth was he thinking going to Syria, being white, Western and British makes him a prime target for terrorists. He travelled with a large group of British Moslems all of Asian complexion, even though they were all British, ISiL let them go - but kept a hold of Alan Henning the only white British person in the group standing out like a sore thumb.

the common theme throughout each beheading so far is every single one of them had no business being in Syria. they all made the conscious decision to willingly put themselves in danger. on the NEWS Alan Hennings brother-in-law stated the British government never done enough, and is partly to blame; what a misguided fool, the foreign office advised all British Nationals to avoid Syria and not travel there. But the stupidity of people should never be underestimated and sadly they've paid with their lives.

If ISiL is spotted by drones they the complex/house, should be blown to kingdom come. no SAS rescue mission.

Couldn't agree more,the minute Jihadi John walks out then send in the missiles and lay waste to the area taking a few ISIS operatives with him.Nobody seemed to worry about collateral and civilian damage in Afghanistan and Iraq war's(plus the Drone strikes in Pakistan.) so why worry now?

I kind of find this a surreal situation....

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 2