Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would Love Some Insight

Miss Shadows

So, I have someone very special in my life, who I love more than I can begin to describe. Our relationship is very turbulent right now, but solid at the seams and filled with care. We are healing together from a very painful period in our relationship.

That being said, there's a lot of life obstacles in our way at the moment, namely money and distance. I am in a period of change right now being a student, finishing my degree, and slowly working on a plan I'd like to see come to fruition in a year or so. It will ultimately involve me finding a job and relocating abroad after I finish college next year.

As this is such an important time with so many fragile moving parts, I would love to hear advice, insight, intuition, etc. give it your best shot, and thank you in advance :)

Simple suggestion from me - make sure that the compromises on both sides (the ones needed to make the relationship work) are as close to equal as possible.

If there is significant resistance, distrust or claims of unfairness from either side, then you aren't good enough for each other.. :)

I have been around for long enough to know that long-distance relationships rarely work out, but sometimes do. If you have a future together you will find a way to make it work, otherwise the lack of effort will be telling, and you will drift apart.

When we are younger, romantic attachment is very intense. A breakup seems like the end of the world, but it isn't. We soon get over it and move on.

I wish you well.

Edited by acute

Simple rule to follow: if any relationship brings more grief than joy, run. Of course I'm in my 40's, own a cat, and have never been married so I'm not sure I'm qualified to be giving advice. I quite enjoy being single. I don't have to shave my legs everyday and if I so choose to eat fruit loops for dinner, it's OK.

• Like 3

Lol, barbco, I can do that when I'm married too! Thank you all kindly for your advices

• Like 1

Most learn the hard way, that the heart and the head must agree, not just one of the two. Follow your heart when your head says no, or vice versa, it is not going to work out.

So, I have someone very special in my life, who I love more than I can begin to describe. Our relationship is very turbulent right now, but solid at the seams and filled with care. We are healing together from a very painful period in our relationship.

That being said, there's a lot of life obstacles in our way at the moment, namely money and distance. I am in a period of change right now being a student, finishing my degree, and slowly working on a plan I'd like to see come to fruition in a year or so. It will ultimately involve me finding a job and relocating abroad after I finish college next year.

As this is such an important time with so many fragile moving parts, I would love to hear advice, insight, intuition, etc. give it your best shot, and thank you in advance :)

My son was in a serious relationship and earned a full scholarship to college to play football which relocated him out of state. There was never a question that he shouldn't go, not to him or his girlfriend. They both agreed that they were young and should experience things. They tried the long distance thing it didn't last two weeks. They have remained friends and are now just living their lives. If later on down the road their paths cross they will go from there. I think you should live your life and enjoy your time abroad. You have one life; embrace it.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

go for it hun am sure by what you said and not said he's amazing catch

my super mediumship powers tell me :innocent:

you been together for long time 5 years now full of obstacles

and only recently things coming clear and together

and my divine knowledge tells me you met twice :innocent:

you know you love him

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

Lol, barbco, I can do that when I'm married too! Thank you all kindly for your advices

There are other perks to being single, though ;)

I agree with the other poster that LDRs don't usually work out. The individual(s) in question of course think/hope they will, but usually long-distance involves a bit of fantasy from one or both individuals in the relationship (looking at "what could be" instead of "what is", moreso than non-LDRs), and some men and women gravitate towards these types of relationships because they like the inherent distance; when that gap closes, they oftentimes do not like the intimacy that surrounds that.

In any case, I wish you luck with your endeavors.

Edited by Aenwyn