Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rethinking Atlantis

Cadetak

For those who don't know A huge hurricane titled Katrina swept through the U.S. State of Louisana. The city of New Orleans was flooded so high that you can only see the tops of houses.

Although many incedents like this occurr every so often, natural disasters like these reinforce both the Atlantis and Great Flood theories. Although other factors like damaged dams and general geography of New Orleans took place it doesn't help me realize the change at Atlantis' past existence.

"Humans have only existed for a blink of an eye, and during that blink we walked with our eys closed" - IDK

That quote (idk were its from or if i wrote it right) helped me realize that civilizations could have sprouted and faded, humans could have been exstict at one time and returned (umm re-evolved?) to world with no trace of the old ones.

I'd like to here your responses please.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cadetak

• Guardsman Bass

• meyleunah

• Atlantis Rises

I am not really sure what it is your looking for here. Nature has more then once wiped out whole culture's, the man has a wonderful way of surviving, I don't believe there was ever some advance technology lost to the wrath of nature, But i do know there have been alot of worlds destroyed.

Anytime you have something like this happen, people struggle to make sense of what has happen, and they need to look for answer's even if they are not good answer's.. We still have the need to understand. hmm.gif

I am not really sure what it is your looking for here.  Nature has more then once wiped out whole culture's, the man has a wonderful way of surviving, I don't believe there was ever some advance technology lost to the wrath of nature, But i do know there have been alot of worlds destroyed.

Anytime you have something like this happen, people struggle to make sense of what has happen, and they need to look for answer's even if they are not good answer's.. We still have the need to understand. hmm.gif

820110[/snapback]

i some-what agree but i can still dissagree if you think about it, it is possiable that a Lv. 5 hurricane could have wiped out atlantis and made hte great flood happen

Yes GV, Don't get me wrong anything is possible, It could have happen. The problem for me is i am not sure.. no i do not really believe Atlantis was a real place. I know alot of people do, and i have no problem with that.. But for me there has yet to be any proof of such a place. hmm.gif

Wasn't Troy considered to be a myth also? The thing about Atlantis is its underwater now and theres alot of water on the planet. Second is that all Atlantis' facts are based on Plato(right?).

Atlantis would also have to be the size of a city not a country and with stain a seriers of events that would "sink" the city and cover up its remanes.

When people refer to Atlantis having 'advanced technology" i dont think it means lightsabers and space travel just more advanced then anyone at that time period.

All im trying to say is the theory of Atlantis is at least plausible as shown by recent events.

I agree this terrible tragedy and god bless all the victims of it made me rethink atlantis. We are so advanced right now and we still couldent stop that kind of destruction, i really can now picture a city like atlantis being completely destroyed by a hurricane or tsunami. It really is a reality that anything back in the day would get completely destroyed if even now we have such terrible damage.

Hey maybe in a thousand years people will be telling stories of the Lost City of New Orleans.

Second is that all Atlantis' facts are based on Plato(right?).

Thats not an argument in favor of Atlantis' existance.

Atlantis was an advanced civilisation, so advanced in all aspects of life that we as a race have only reached a fraction of their technological prowess. Atlantis was a huge island that occupied all the space that is now sea between Europe and Middle America. Evidence of Atlantis is all around us, the Incan civilisation was the furthest outpost of Atlantis, and everything from their accurate "mayan count" down the pictures of men holding futuristic machinary carved into their temple walls proves Atlantis' existance. Atlantis destroyed itself overnight by meddling in Hydrogen technology beyond their understanding, sinking large parts of their land (obviously all of Western Europe stands still). There is much more information regarding the Atlanteans in The Only Planet Of Choice, the most enlightening book of our age.

Well Plato did say that Atlantis sank into the Earth - which doesn't sound much like a hurricane to me. But at least you're thinking for yourself Cadetak47 original.gif instead of believing any old rubbish you read in a self-published book wink2.gif

A hurricane may not have given rise to the Atlantis legend, but maybe there are other myths from Mesoamerica which do sound similar to the events we've just witnessed.....

Atlantis was an advanced civilisation, so advanced in all aspects of life that we as a race have only reached a fraction of their technological prowess. Atlantis was a huge island that occupied all the space that is now sea between Europe and Middle America. Evidence of Atlantis is all around us, the Incan civilisation was the furthest outpost of Atlantis, and everything from their accurate "mayan count" down the pictures of men holding futuristic machinary carved into their temple walls proves Atlantis' existance. Atlantis destroyed itself overnight by meddling in Hydrogen technology beyond their understanding, sinking large parts of their land (obviously all of Western Europe stands still). There is much more information regarding the Atlanteans in The Only Planet Of Choice, the most enlightening book of our age.

822745[/snapback]

What is your proof for any of this?

Not only is there no geological evidence of a huge landmass ever existing between North America and Europe on a reasonable timescale (basically, in the past few million years), a map of the Atlantic Ocean contradicts your claim. In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean is the subduction vent, where oceanic crust is pulled down into the mantle and re-cycled.

Moreover, you claimed that Hydrogen technology resulted in the complete sinking of most of the Atlantean land mass. When something moves downward into Earth's gravitational field, it exchanges a degree of its potential energy for kinetic energy, much like a ball that weighs 3 kilograms up 10 meters above the ground exchanges the gravitational potential energy MGH (or, 3 X 9.8 X 10 = 294 Joules) for kinetic energy in the equation MGH = 1/2MV^2.

Now imagine an entire continent, as you claim, collapsing 10,000 feet (the average depth of the Atlantic is two miles, and deep near the subduction vent). It is going to release an INCREDIBLY LARGE amount of kinetic energy, right into the oceans and the ocean floor. Believe me, the destruction of the city of Atlantis would be the least of everyone's problems; that much energy released into the oceans and ocean basin would probably be enough to boil off a significant amount of seawater as superhot steam, killing everything on Earth. That's not to mention the creation of the

Mother of All Tsunamis. Remember the Asian Tsunami in 2004? That was caused by the collapse of a small volcanic island into the sea. Imagine the devastation of an entire continent plunging into the ocean.

Second off, Incan civilization had little to do with Mayan civilization, since the two co-existed for only a brief period of time. The heyday of the Mayan civilization was from 250 to 900 A.D., followed by a quick collapse. Incan civilization peaked in 1400-1532, when it was conquered quickly by Francis Pizarro and the Spaniards.

Moreover, neither civilization shows anything resembling what you would call "tools of technology far beyond modern science." Neither used any stock animals (such as horses), and only the Mayans had a civilization with the Written Word. Neither also shows any shared cultural elements that would presumably appear there from their integration into a highly advanced civilization with world reach. Neither civilization, in fact, used any form of iron weaponry, either.

As for the "Mayan Count," I presume you are talking about the Calendar that predicts the end of an Age in 2010? You can choose to believe it, but there is no proof for its accuracy. Moreover, as for the supposed hieroglyphics, I am curious. I have never heard any serious archaeologist point out pictures of people holding 'advanced technology,' but you could argue what "advanced technology" should even look like.

This is the problem i have with Atlantis being a city, Why can we find no real proof. How could all trace of such a suppose great city just die. Even if the whole place was destroyed, why where there no writen recorded's from people who visited but did not live there, They would not have died with the other's.. Maybe Atlantis is not a city but a larger place, maybe it means the whole plant.. And what ever destroyed Atlantis really was global.. hmm.gif

This is the problem i have with Atlantis being a city, Why can we find no real proof. How could all trace of such a suppose great city just die. Even if the whole place was destroyed, why where there no writen recorded's from people who visited but did not live there, They would not have died with the other's.. Maybe Atlantis is not a city but a larger place, maybe it means the whole plant.. And what ever destroyed Atlantis really was global.. hmm.gif

824068[/snapback]

I was interested in that same possibility of a global civilization that disappeared in the ancient past ("ancient," for me, meaning probably before the ending of the last ice age 12,000 years ago). It certainly is exciting, especially when you consider that Homo Sapiens have been around for nearly 200,000 years, but there are a few problems with it. For one thing, I can imagine entire cities being destroyed, but where are the remnants? Why can't we find a single tool, a single piece of script that is not found fraudulent? Time would certainly have its effect on a lost civilization's ruins, but you would still expect that much of their "trash" and tools would be found among the world.

fair points made by all concerned.

Guardsman Bass: I understand that I cannot prove anything to a absolutely conclusive level, nor can you disprove anything I say to a conclusive level, so if you would let me fill in the blanks for you.

"Not only is there no geological evidence of a huge landmass ever existing between North America and Europe on a reasonable timescale (basically, in the past few million years), a map of the Atlantic Ocean contradicts your claim. In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean is the subduction vent, where oceanic crust is pulled down into the mantle and re-cycled."

In fact there is evidence for a land mass being between europe and middle america, it was not a completely solid land mass, areas of subduction can still exist underneath landmasses can't they? Atlantis was a civilisation, not a HUGE city, around areas of geological instability they would chose not to make settlements. And also don't forget that those that have the power to control you would much rather have you think that the Atlantic ocean was not the supposed site for an ancient advanced civilisation. The U.S government still says Global Warming doesn't exist!!! How do you not know the floor map of the atlantic isn't all just made up?

"Moreover, you claimed that Hydrogen technology resulted in the complete sinking of most of the Atlantean land mass. When something moves downward into Earth's gravitational field, it exchanges a degree of its potential energy for kinetic energy, much like a ball that weighs 3 kilograms up 10 meters above the ground exchanges the gravitational potential energy MGH (or, 3 X 9.8 X 10 = 294 Joules) for kinetic energy in the equation MGH = 1/2MV^2"

Firstly the atlanteans didn't conform to our workings of gravity, they had mastered the problem of gravity by unlocking the vibration that reverses gravity's effect. Believe that statement or not, it matters me little. Much like levitation is possible so is the defeat of gravity.

As for the huge land mass sinking causing the mother of all tsunami's ... that's exactly what happened. obviously all of Atlantis didn't sink, the whole of europe west of italy, and mexico still stand. There was nothing HOT about the problem with their hydrogen technology, I don't know where you get the assumption that the sea would boil!!! Asteroids have smashed the face of the planet for millions of years and none of them managed to boil the sea or kill off all of humanity. Also please do not forget that at this period in time, ET's travelled to earth and were in the process of seeding the middle east (Hoovids, led by Jehovah) and the Ashans (The Hawk and Isis) were seeding Asia. These civilisations were not about to let the Atlanteans mistakes ruin their civilisations too.

I do pardon my silly line of mentioning Inca and then the Mayan count, I only meant to meantion the mayans, not the Incan's. As for why archeologists fail to mention the paintings in the Mayan pyramids.... do you think they might be asked to keep quiet??? I mean just think for a second, don't be so gullible to believe that what the governement tells you is true, you wouldn't be on this website if that was the case. I have seen the Mayan cave paintings with my own eyes, believe it or not, I don't care. There are men with huge penis' painted on the walls (atlanteans were supposed to be obsessed with having larger more pronounced sexual organs) there are men holding guns, flying helicopter looking things etc. Going back to the archeologists I know one who's father is a master mason and he's forever complaining about the fact that so much of his work and the work of other archeologists is deemed secret by the English government. Look at how much stuff the vatican holds secret about Jesus Christ.... for what they have done to history just to make Jesus devine so that they can base their controlling religion on him, i shudder to think about how much they've lied about the rest of history.

As for the mayan count it ends Dec 21st or 23rd 2012, not 2010.

Why is there no evidence of Atlantis left for us to see? Firstly they left us at 20,000BC and the aftermath of their experiments ravaged the earth until 13,000BC. So there's 7,000 years of the earth changing to get rid of a lot of their evidence. On top of that the Egyptians, Persians, Babylonians etc raided what they could. A lot of the Atlantean technology was then later attributed to the egyptians. What is left today is concealed by the powers that be as in the Atlanteans there is proof to everyone today that through the power of meditation, crystals, the sun's energy and vibrations of colour and light the earth has been technologically and ethically stronger in the past. Something that I doubt will help Brittish Gas or Microsoft.

ISIS 999:Atlantis wasn't a city, it was a country, a civilisation, that began as a centralised city (seeding place of the Altean civilisation) and through growth of populas and influence spead slowly across a large land mass. Much like Rome, the only area of technological prowess or of considerable beauty was it's centralisation or capital city and this was completely lost in hydrogen disaster.

I believe you shoud both read The Only Planet Of Choice, even if you don't believe it, it's still very convincing.

Virtually all ancient legends do begin from a "kernel" of truth, and so does Plato's Atlantis. Serious scientists now believe that the so-called Atlantis legend stemmed from the fully documented cataclysmic, volcanic destruction of the Minoan Island civilization of Thera in the Aegean.

As the legend grew bigger than life, (as legends tend to do), this island "grew" in size and had to be "moved" to the Atlantic ocean to keep the legend plausible.

Nothing found by archaeology in mesoamerica (or anywhere else)proves these cultures had any contact with some imaginary advanced "supercivilization".,

fair points made by all concerned.

Guardsman Bass: I understand that I cannot prove anything to a absolutely conclusive level, nor can you disprove anything I say to a conclusive level, so if you would let me fill in the blanks for you.

"Not only is there no geological evidence of a huge landmass ever existing between North America and Europe on a reasonable timescale (basically, in the past few million years), a map of the Atlantic Ocean contradicts your claim. In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean is the subduction vent, where oceanic crust is pulled down into the mantle and re-cycled."

In fact there is evidence for a land mass being between europe and middle america, it was not a completely solid land mass, areas of subduction can still exist underneath landmasses can't they? Atlantis was a civilisation, not a HUGE city, around areas of geological instability they would chose not to make settlements. And also don't forget that those that have the power to control you would much rather have you think that the Atlantic ocean was not the supposed site for an ancient advanced civilisation. The U.S government still says Global Warming doesn't exist!!! How do you not know the floor map of the atlantic isn't all just made up?

First off, I can't really disprove any conspiracy theories you throw at me, but I can point out that the current maps of the Atlantic have been confirmed to be correct several times. One, for the boats laying transatlantic cable on the Ocean floor for telephones, and telegraph. Another are the maps made by satellite of the ocean surface. Most of these mapping efforts were done independently of each other, at different times, with different interests - and yet they all coincide.

Even assuming the continent was merely on top of the subduction vent, that still doesn't explain where all of the mass that made up the Atlantean continent went when it submerged. If a continent had truly submerged in the past 20,000, then where did all the granitic rock that formed the foundation of the Atlantic continent go? What about all of the sediment on that continent? If your theory was correct, then the ocean floors should be covered by a vast layer of recently layered sediment without the properties of normal sediment, and that sediment should be verifiable to have all emerged around a certain time. Even with "vast changes in the Earth's surface," that layer should be there.

Moreover, with all of the formerly dry continental matter going down into the ocean basins, we should expect evidence on the continents and continental shelves of a sudden, VAST rise in the sea level that could be found through the remnants of its destruction. What I just said is not improbable; even today, we can find remnants of floods in the riverbanks of rivers like the Columbia in Washington going back thousands of years. It should be possible to date that massive change in sea level back to 18,000 B.C.E., but that's not what the natural evidence shows. 18,000 B.C.E. was the height of the last ice age, the one that ended in 10,000 B.C.E.

Of course, if you assume that the destruction wreaked by malfunctioning Atlantean technology somehow erased all trace of such a major catastrophe, then the above is meaningless, at least to you.

"Moreover, you claimed that Hydrogen technology resulted in the complete sinking of most of the Atlantean land mass. When something moves downward into Earth's gravitational field, it exchanges a degree of its potential energy for kinetic energy, much like a ball that weighs 3 kilograms up 10 meters above the ground exchanges the gravitational potential energy MGH (or, 3 X 9.8 X 10 = 294 Joules) for kinetic energy in the equation MGH = 1/2MV^2"

Firstly the atlanteans didn't conform to our workings of gravity, they had mastered the problem of gravity by unlocking the vibration that reverses gravity's effect. Believe that statement or not, it matters me little. Much like levitation is possible so is the defeat of gravity.

I wasn't questioning Atlantean technology, or the use of gravity technology by them. What I was pointing out is what would happen when the Atlantean continent sank into the sea, presumably after all their technology supposedly went haywire. The above, on a VASTLY larger scale, is what would happen were a large continent between the current Europe and North America to sink into the sea.

As for the huge land mass sinking causing the mother of all tsunami's ... that's exactly what happened. obviously all of Atlantis didn't sink, the whole of europe west of italy, and mexico still stand. There was nothing HOT about the problem with their hydrogen technology, I don't know where you get the assumption that the sea would boil!!! Asteroids have smashed the face of the planet for millions of years and none of them managed to boil the sea or kill off all of humanity. Also please do not forget that at this period in time, ET's travelled to earth and were in the process of seeding the middle east (Hoovids, led by Jehovah) and the Ashans (The Hawk and Isis) were seeding Asia. These civilisations were not about to let the Atlanteans mistakes ruin their civilisations too.

I wasn't talking about the failure and/or use of hydrogen technology resulting in partial or total boiling of the oceans into superhot steam, I was talking about the kinetic energy released when a large continent suddenly sinks at least 10,000 feet downward. The change in gravitational potential energy, like in the case of the 3 kilogram ball I mentioned as an example, would be released into the oceans and ocean floor. The amount of energy released would be almost unimaginable, and it would certainly be enough to boil off a large chunk of the oceans as steam.

In fact, it would probably be the worst disaster to affect the Earth since the collision of a Mars-sized planetoid over 4 billion years with the Earth, that resulted in the material ejected into space by the impact coalescing into the Moon. The asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs, by comparison, would be practically nothing; that asteroid was only about 10 kilometers long (6 miles) by comparison, the size of a mountain.

Your ET's would have their work cut out for them. The superhot steam rising from the ocean basins following the collapse of the Atlantean continent would be enough to annihilate basically all life on Earth except possibly the extremophile microbes that live kilometers beneath the Earth's surface, in hot (near boiling) temperatures.

And that's not all of the calamity that would ensue. My point about the tsunami stands. An entire continent suddenly sinking into the Atlantic Ocean, in addition to its kinetic energy boiling off a large chunk of that water as steam, would also displace a LOT of water. Remember my comparison to the dinosaur-killer asteroid? Were that asteroid to impact in middle of the Pacific Ocean, it would create two-mile high tsunami waves impacting on both the Asian and American coasts. Now try to imagine the water displaced by an entire continent. Practically everything on the landmass left after the collapse would be completely scoured of any forms of life, and should show signs of incredible water erosion following the impact of the largest tsunami waves in geological history. The ET's wouldn't have to simply replace humanity and build the seeds of new civilizations; they would have to completely rebuild practically the entire Biosphere of Earth, from top to bottom.

I do pardon my silly line of mentioning Inca and then the Mayan count, I only meant to meantion the mayans, not the Incan's. As for why archeologists fail to mention the paintings in the Mayan pyramids.... do you think they might be asked to keep quiet??? I mean just think for a second, don't be so gullible to believe that what the governement tells you is true, you wouldn't be on this website if that was the case. I have seen the Mayan cave paintings with my own eyes, believe it or not, I don't care. There are men with huge penis' painted on the walls (atlanteans were supposed to be obsessed with having larger more pronounced sexual organs) there are men holding guns, flying helicopter looking things etc. Going back to the archeologists I know one who's father is a master mason and he's forever complaining about the fact that so much of his work and the work of other archeologists is deemed secret by the English government. Look at how much stuff the vatican holds secret about  Jesus Christ.... for what they have done to history just to make Jesus devine so that they can base their controlling religion on him, i shudder to think about how much they've lied about the rest of history.

As for the mayan count it ends Dec 21st or 23rd 2012, not 2010.

My mistake on the Mayan count.

I am not believing merely what the "government" tells me. We actually have two different accounts of Mayan civilization, done for different reasons - and yet they match. First, is the descriptions by the Catholic Bishop Diego de Landa, sent to spread Roman Catholicism among the people that once made up the Mayan civilization. He wrote a book, Relación de las Cosas de Yucatán, describing Mayan religion, language, culture, and the writing system in 1566 A.D. (C.E.).

I looked up your claims on the Mayan cave paintings, but came up with no descriptions of anything like the use of what we would consider 'high technology'. For example, look at this link. It includes pictures as well. Of course, you could argue that there is a conspiracy to fake the cave paintings, as well as to conceal any archaeological evidence to the contrary, but the discoveries of the cave paintings support the archaeological evidence found outside the caves, and mostly that of Bishop de Landa. In fact, the website makes note that the cave paintings can be identified to what particular time period of Mayan civilization in which they painted in. If you believe, in turn, that all of THAT is nothing but lies perpetuated by the Powers That Be, then there's no hope convincing you to believe me; I'll merely point out that claiming the scientifically discovered evidence is nothing but a conspiracy does not, in of itself, support your's or the book's claims.

As for the father who is a Master Mason, what particular field of archaeology is he in? Where does he do his research? Simply claiming that "an archaeologist said that his work was censored," without any indication of when or how, is not proof. However, I did attempt to look up cases when the British government did indeed attempt to censor archaeological findings, and found none. Are you going to claim that out of all the censorship supposedly done by the British government, none of the research censored has come into the public eye, or any indication that archaeological information was being censored? Certainly no archaeologists mentioned the censorship of their work, which makes me curious about the Master Mason archaeologist; could you get him to give an example of when his work was censored, including the date, if possible?

Why is there no evidence of Atlantis left for us to see? Firstly they left us at 20,000BC and the aftermath of their experiments ravaged the earth until 13,000BC. So there's 7,000 years of the earth changing to get rid of a lot of their evidence. On top of that the Egyptians, Persians, Babylonians etc raided what they could. A lot of the Atlantean technology was then later attributed to the egyptians. What is left today is concealed by the powers that be as in the Atlanteans there is proof to everyone today that through the power of meditation, crystals, the sun's energy and vibrations of colour and light the earth has been technologically and ethically stronger in the past. Something that I doubt will help Brittish Gas or Microsoft.

ISIS 999:Atlantis wasn't a city, it was a country, a civilisation, that began as a centralised city (seeding place of the Altean civilisation) and through growth of populas and influence spead slowly across a large land mass. Much like Rome, the only area of technological prowess or of considerable beauty was it's centralisation or capital city and this was completely lost in hydrogen disaster.

I believe you shoud both read The Only Planet Of Choice, even if you don't believe it, it's still very convincing.

824577[/snapback]

Then there's no way to prove any of what you are claiming, if all of it is being concealed by magical technology and the evil conspiracy of British Gas and Microsoft. rolleyes.gif What I would suggest is that you get a second opinion on the theories mentioned in the book. Namely, read other books, including real works done by Archaeologists, and the methods used to map the oceanic floor. Some geology would help too.

Virtually all ancient legends do begin from a "kernel" of truth, and so does Plato's Atlantis.  Serious scientists now believe that the so-called Atlantis legend stemmed from the fully documented cataclysmic, volcanic destruction of the Minoan Island civilization of Thera in the Aegean. 

As the legend grew bigger than life, (as legends tend to do), this island "grew" in size and had to be "moved" to the Atlantic ocean to keep the legend plausible.

Nothing found by archaeology in mesoamerica (or anywhere else)proves these cultures had any contact with some imaginary advanced "supercivilization".,

824640[/snapback]

The idea of a civilization sinking into the sea maybe (and probably) grew from that destruction. However, what you need to remember about Plato's account of Atlantis was that he was not relating a factual story. He was using the story of Atlantis to make a philosophical point and show the superiority of the type of government he described in The Republic, which he claimed existed in Athens 10,000 years ago. This, in spite of the fact that Athens, or anything resembling ancient greece, did not exist back then.

Even if the theory of Atlantis is false there could be other civilizations lost in the sands of time. There are three frontiers for man left to conquer; the Poles, the oceans, and space. Everything, anything, and nothing can be found in their confindes.

That is so true, But i think we need alot more proof if we are to ever believe some of the things they report about ancient history. thumbsup.gif

I am sorry but the tsunami would be more relevent than the hurricane. Storm may be violent and cause a lot of mayhem, but nothing can mimic the cataclysmic events of a super volcano rupture or a sustained earthquake. Atlantis was destroyed according to the story by an event that saw it completly obliterated and buried. New Orleans is still quite visible and its ruins would be quite easy to find in the future unless a major earth crust movement sees otherwise.

That is so true, But i think we need alot more proof if we are to ever believe some of the things they report about ancient history. thumbsup.gif

827528[/snapback]

Don't under-estimate the capabilities of modern archaeology. With only the Sagas of the Vikings as their guide, archaeologists were able to find the remains of a settlement in Eastern Canada ("Vinland"), that only existed for two or three years, that had a planned evacuation (meaning only the remains of buildings would be most likely to be left behind), and which never had more than possibly 500-600 people, depending on the Saga used and the ruins.

a moment of "duh" - the last ice age was over about ten thousand years ago - we don't really know what happened before that-there are many, many large areas that were dry land for thousands of years, including a large part of the mediterranean sea-can we detect the real origin of the flood legends, atlantis, etc., here?

a moment of "duh" - the last ice age was over about ten thousand years ago - we don't really know what happened before that-there are many, many large areas that were dry land for thousands of years, including a large part of the mediterranean sea-can we detect the real origin of the flood legends, atlantis, etc.,  here?

828206[/snapback]

The above means there will always be some uncertainties about where exactly humans were in the Ice Age period. Nonetheless, most of the world was completely free of ice, and humans were certainly inhabiting many (possibly most) of the ice-free areas. What we get from examining their ruins is that humanity did not progress beyond hunting and gathering, and the use of primarily stone tools, until the neolithic period, when several instances of agriculture arose in the same time period, in different places. It's possibly a budding civilization could develop isolated, and be completely annihilated, but such a civilization would have been built in an ice-free area, since essentially almost all of humanity's prehistory was spent in the last ice age. As such, there would most likely be some form of traces to examine.

Maybe the whole world used to be similar to it is today, and for whatever reason they decided to make a floating city- (even today people are contemplating building floating citys, citys underwater etc. is it really so hard to believe?) So maybe they made a huge floating city and rounded up all of the local cultured population onto the big city and than eventually there was a disaster; the city began to sink and everyone 'on board' went with it.

Hey, it could happen

>_>