Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Still on the way

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,691 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Still on the way

One day a friend complained that I only write about struggle, pain, loss etc.  Well I said, writing tends to focus on the more tragic aspects of life.  When we feel joy and things go well, it seems right, there is nothing to work through, though thankfulness is in order.  It is in struggle that we are forced to ponder, think and for me, as it is true for many, to seek out God's love, healing and grace.  In real life, when I am relating to others, I am sort of a clown, when I write; a different side comes to the surface.  Which is real?  Both are, just like for everyone else.  We can be complicated critters at times, but as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike.  Have not got there yet, still on the way, no doubt till the day I die and perhaps after; I can be very slow on the uptake.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,794 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

If you are truely happy then you can always write about something funny. Some people write about the worse things in life because it makes them feel better and more fortunate,  but when things do go right as you say, there is something to work through and thats sharing it with others.
if more people shared their happier times  together instead of pondering about the tragic times, then maybe they would not need to seek out from the alledged "god". i think it would be a better world if people seeked out the love, healing and grace from each other.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,691 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 30 November 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

If you are truely happy then you can always write about something funny. Some people write about the worse things in life because it makes them feel better and more fortunate,  but when things do go right as you say, there is something to work through and thats sharing it with others.
if more people shared their happier times  together instead of pondering about the tragic times, then maybe they would not need to seek out from the alledged "god". i think it would be a better world if people seeked out the love, healing and grace from each other.

I see your point but I disagree.  There is plenty of humor out there and much of it is good, however when writing about personal inner struggles you find out that it is normal, common and can save people from thinking they are so unique that they don't fit in anywhere.  To journal and share has been shown to help those who write and share with others.  As for God, well, that is for each to decide upon,, my experience shows me that God is real, love is what we are called to and to face our inner sufferings and demons leads to happiness and freedom.  To not do so leads to deeper and greater chaos in life as well as in our cultures.  People write for many different reasons, each is good.  I have written some humor, but it comes from a different place, and important place for sure but different.  Each kind of writing deals with something different and good.  Also most of what I write I don't share, in fact I place it in a file with a password on it.

peace
mark

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,794 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 30 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I see your point but I disagree.  There is plenty of humor out there and much of it is good, however when writing about personal inner struggles you find out that it is normal, common and can save people from thinking they are so unique that they don't fit in anywhere.  To journal and share has been shown to help those who write and share with others.  As for God, well, that is for each to decide upon,, my experience shows me that God is real, love is what we are called to and to face our inner sufferings and demons leads to happiness and freedom.  To not do so leads to deeper and greater chaos in life as well as in our cultures.  People write for many different reasons, each is good.  I have written some humor, but it comes from a different place, and important place for sure but different.  Each kind of writing deals with something different and good.  Also most of what I write I don't share, in fact I place it in a file with a password on it.

peace
mark
i understand.
personal inner struggles differ greatly, some major things can seem minor to others, depending on the struggles they have.
I just think it is a shame that man can not find the love and sharing among each other, some can, but others turn to god. Yes, that is their decision and theirs alone, but I personally would find that as a human among humans, and as a human surrounded by the wonders of nature and all it has to offer,  it would seem a very lonely place to be. But please, that is only the way i feel about god, and I respect it is not yours.

Peace.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,691 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 30 November 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

i understand.
personal inner struggles differ greatly, some major things can seem minor to others, depending on the struggles they have.
I just think it is a shame that man can not find the love and sharing among each other, some can, but others turn to god. Yes, that is their decision and theirs alone, but I personally would find that as a human among humans, and as a human surrounded by the wonders of nature and all it has to offer,  it would seem a very lonely place to be. But please, that is only the way i feel about god, and I respect it is not yours.

Peace.

No it is not ;-).  God allows me to feel kingship with all men and women, to love and accept them, because we are all made in God's image and likeness and pretty much have the same sufferings and struggles, as well as love and joy.  As Christ Jesus said: " Whatever you do to the least, you do to me".  

Peace
mark

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,794 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 01 December 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

No it is not ;-).  God allows me to feel kingship with all men and women, to love and accept them, because we are all made in God's image and likeness and pretty much have the same sufferings and struggles, as well as love and joy.  As Christ Jesus said: " Whatever you do to the least, you do to me".  

Peace
mark
You see, why can`t every god follower be as nice as you?
I am not a believer, i am Pagan, but I respect your beliefs, although I will not be sending you a christmas card, lol.

#7    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 30 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Still on the way

as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike.  Have not got there yet, still on the way, no doubt till the day I die and perhaps after; I can be very slow on the uptake.
"...as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike." That's a lovely theory, Mark; however, I still haven't met a "childlike" aged. Most of the aged I have come to know and had known are/were cranky and a pain-in-the... Those so-called "childlike" ones usually don't admit that they're aged. I must know too many divas and divos -- hmmm?!

This is a curious post because you don't sound like an aged. You're probably my age...

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist)

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

#8    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,266 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 30 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Still on the way

One day a friend complained that I only write about struggle, pain, loss etc.  Well I said, writing tends to focus on the more tragic aspects of life.  When we feel joy and things go well, it seems right, there is nothing to work through, though thankfulness is in order.  It is in struggle that we are forced to ponder, think and for me, as it is true for many, to seek out God's love, healing and grace.  In real life, when I am relating to others, I am sort of a clown, when I write; a different side comes to the surface.  Which is real?  Both are, just like for everyone else.  We can be complicated critters at times, but as we age and mature, I believe we can become more simple and childlike.  Have not got there yet, still on the way, no doubt till the day I die and perhaps after; I can be very slow on the uptake.

I think many people feel encased in pain & struggle, it's good to show that life doesn't have to be that way. Plenty of people write about tragedy, we've all been there, we all know what it feels like. What I love are stories about how people moved beyond that and found their joy & fulfillment. That, it seems to me, is a story worth telling, how to find a way out of pain & struggle. That's a story I want to hear, how someone overcame & triumphed, those are stories that inspire and sometimes educate us.

#9    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,691 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 01 December 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

You see, why can`t every god follower be as nice as you?
I am not a believer, i am Pagan, but I respect your beliefs, although I will not be sending you a christmas card, lol.

I don't like Christmas cards LOL, so that is ok.  Sterotypes are the problem, no one actually fits into them, well maybe a little.  When two different systems speak to one another, the worst can come out from both sides.  The way to overcome that is to listen, and to study others stytems and to not try to change them....never works in any case, never worked for me, so why would I believe it would work for anyone.

Peace
mark

#10    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,691 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostBeany, on 01 December 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

I think many people feel encased in pain & struggle, it's good to show that life doesn't have to be that way. Plenty of people write about tragedy, we've all been there, we all know what it feels like. What I love are stories about how people moved beyond that and found their joy & fulfillment. That, it seems to me, is a story worth telling, how to find a way out of pain & struggle. That's a story I want to hear, how someone overcame & triumphed, those are stories that inspire and sometimes educate us.

I like those stories as well.  I believe the sturggle and the overcoming go together, and are often together as we go through life, sort of like a waltz, how it is danced is our attitude.  Also I started writing late in life, 50 years old, I am now 64, well I will be on the 3rd, so maybe I am just cleaning house LOL.  Always like you imput and also your attitude it does help me.

Peace
mark

Edited by markdohle, 01 December 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,794 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 01 December 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

I don't like Christmas cards LOL, so that is ok.  Sterotypes are the problem, no one actually fits into them, well maybe a little.  When two different systems speak to one another, the worst can come out from both sides.  The way to overcome that is to listen, and to study others stytems and to not try to change them....never works in any case, never worked for me, so why would I believe it would work for anyone.

Peace
mark
Very true.
the thing is mark we now have forums like this and people do not always come on here to agree with their fellow posters all the time, they come here to express their opinions and no doubt there are going to be some very different ones, and because we are here and not face to face with each other, it takes longer to come to some sort of compromise.
A lot of the time when someone comes on a forum with a theory or idea, its going to take a few heating discussions from many different sides for them to even accept there may be a different side to it, and the best thing about it is reading why others think they are right, but thats the whole fun thing about forums. :w00t:

Edited by freetoroam, 02 December 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#12    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,691 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 December 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

Very true.
the thing is mark we now have forums like this and people do not always come on here to agree with their fellow posters all the time, they come here to express their opinions and no doubt there are going to be some very different ones, and because we are here and not face to face with each other, it takes longer to come to some sort of compromise.
A lot of the time when someone comes on a forum with a theory or idea, its going to take a few heating discussions from many different sides for them to even accept there may be a different side to it, and the best thing about it is reading why others think they are right, but thats the whole fun thing about forums. :w00t:

Sure true, but I have been through just about everything the last 14 years LOL.

peace
mark

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,794 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 02 December 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

Sure true, but I have been through just about everything the last 14 years LOL.

peace
mark
me too, and i expect a whole new loads of everything are still out there waiting for me.

#14    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,691 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 December 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

me too, and i expect a whole new loads of everything are still out there waiting for me.

LOL, don't worry it will find you ;-).

peace
mark

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,794 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 02 December 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

LOL, don't worry it will find you ;-).

peace
mark
Not without a GPS it won`t, I am wiser now. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users