Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hair DNA Reveals Monsters' True Identity

sean6

Was It a Yeti? Bigfoot? Hair DNA Reveals Monsters' True Identity

DNA readings from dozens of hair samples linked to sightings of Bigfoot, Yeti and other legendary monsters show that the hairs came instead from run-of-the-mill animals such as bears and cows — but the researcher behind the project says Bigfoot hunters needn't give up hope just yet.

"I don't think this finishes the Bigfoot myth at all," Oxford geneticist Bryan Sykes told NBC News. "What it does do is show that there is a way for Bigfoot enthusiasts to go back out into the forest and get the real thing."

http://www.nbcnews.c...dentity-n144986

http://www.dailymail...ct-species.html

Edited by sean6
  • Like 1

I don't believe hair analysis is going to prove anything. Hair that comes back "unknown", or "not recognized" is considered by most to be damaged.

The only way hair can help ID bigfoot is if it has a big chunk of meat still attached to it.

Wow. That's throwing a wrench into running gears. One starts looking for Bigfoot/Yeti and finds evidence of an extinct Polar Bear species instead. I say, close enough. Haha.

• Like 1

If anything, this just proves that the yeti exists.

How so?

After testing “36 hair samples…all of them matched DNA from known animals”. That just means the BF has undergone hair replacement therapy.

• Like 3

So to date, EVERY single bigfoot hair and scat sample provided for testing have proven to be existing animals. So we are back to blurry shaky videos of men in costumes and dubious casts of 'feet' as the only evidence again. Oh wait, also knocking noises and howls, which no man or known animal could ever create, except for bigfoot hunters who regularly make 'bigfoot noises' to try and attract bigfoots to their cameras, which has never worked.

• Like 3

For some time now I've been of the mindset that Bigfoot is most likely a bear.

Why would a bear dress up in a monkey suit?

Now you are just being silly... :tu:

• Like 4

This just proves that the samples taken to him were not bigfoot.

There have been multiple samples of hair, etc, taken that have been from an unknown primate in North America. One of these from northern Ontario come to mind, from a camp in the middle of nowhere.

I don't see evidence ever coming to any public light from any well known source. Any real bigfoot evidence (body, remains, etc) will come from some local Joe Blow who nails one, contacts local media and has it explode from there.

...There have been multiple samples of hair, etc, taken that have been from an unknown primate in North America. One of these from northern Ontario come to mind, from a camp in the middle of nowhere.

Really? I've never heard of this...they're sure the hair is from an unknown primate? If this is actually valid then it stand to be a real game changer.

• Like 1

This just proves that the samples taken to him were not bigfoot.

There have been multiple samples of hair, etc, taken that have been from an unknown primate in North America. One of these from northern Ontario come to mind, from a camp in the middle of nowhere.

I don't see evidence ever coming to any public light from any well known source. Any real bigfoot evidence (body, remains, etc) will come from some local Joe Blow who nails one, contacts local media and has it explode from there.

You quote proof with no reference and declare no one looking for bigfoot will find it. It's just going to happen. R-i-i-ight. :innocent:

Some of those hairs were probably mine. I like to meander through the mountains in the buff and rub against trees, sorry I got everyone excited for nothing.I do have a size 13 foot, I guess that could be considered a "Big Foot".

• Like 3

This is a great event for cryptozoology. A previously undiscovered pehistoric polar bear living in the Himalayas... how cool is that? Also proof that the bear form yeti exists (per the Nepalese, there are actually several forms of "yeti", one of them bear like, one more ape like and one monkey like).

Simultaneously, this blows out of the water a couple of the favorite arguments of crypto debunkers. Namely: a large animal of that size could never exist undiscovered by science and that the environment could not support such a creature without it somehow being apparent to scientists.

Time for a review of the UM rules:

3a. Racism or hatred: We have zero tolerance for racism or hatred towards any specific race, religion, country, gender, individual or group.

Please post in a civil/mature manner.

Edited by Lilly
typo

No way... Surprize surprize....

I'm kinda Sceptic about the whole Bigfoot thing but I read some article how they did it. They only tested some of the samples they found/recieved for DNA and that where the samples they thought had de best change to contain DNA. so the test is a bit dodgy if you ask me. If I had to do this I would ask some of the Bigfoot oranisation out there (like the BFRO) to give samples they thought are from Bigfoot and test those. Ok they did not find any unknown primate DNA but that does not proof it is not out there.

They still find new (large) animals species every day ...

Edited by Wolffheart

I'm kinda Sceptic about the whole Bigfoot thing but I read some article how they did it. They only tested some of the samples they found/recieved for DNA and that where the samples they thought had de best change to contain DNA. so the test is a bit dodgy if you ask me. If I had to do this I would ask some of the Bigfoot oranisation out there (like the BFRO) to give samples they thought are from Bigfoot and test those. Ok they did not find any unknown primate DNA but that does not proof it is not out there.

They still find new (large) animals species every day ...

Which one did they find yesterday?

• Like 2

Or a Cow in a monkey suit for that matter....silly, plain silly...