Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How many of you can get to the starting line?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#331    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,234 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postnopeda, on 21 January 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

They're below average regarding the possibility that xts HAVE been here, that's for sure. Maybe they have been. Maybe they have not. The closed minded can only consider one of countless possibilities. How could they get any less capable, or any lower than they are?

AFAIK for every real possible xt involvement there's no verifiable physical evidence for, there's also none that explains how else the things that make it seem possible could have taken place. Instead there are just a bunch of "maybe's", "might have been's", "what if's"....

A possibility of something being true doesn't make it a fact.

Which leaves it as an "unknown" and NOT evidence for extraterrestrials.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#332    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 18 January 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

If there were more posters like you on here, there would be more decent conversations.  There are generally few conversations at all on here, just people trying to post evidence and others jumping on them every time and saying it's all false.  
I'm still curious what sort of personal experience you've had.

#333    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 17 January 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

There is plenty of evidence which might SUGGEST ET activity you are just simply ignoring it... i don't believe it either but it does SUGGEST that something is happening... From radar images to NOT blury pictures and video which clearly show something strange. You deny everything on this topic while others take it in consideration.
People will deny evidence exists even though evidence is what's discussed most here afaik.

#334    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 21 January 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

we have to assume your hypothetical is correct in order for your fact to be true. An assumption of which is of little use in the real world.
If his fact is true it's true REGARDLESS of what you assume about it. If xts have been here they have been also regardless of what you or anyone else assumes about it. Were you somehow unaware of all that? Also, ALL we have is our assumptions or interpretations of things. Even the things you believe to know as fact it is only your own personal interpretation that they are.

#335    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,234 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postnopeda, on 21 January 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

If his fact is true it's true REGARDLESS of what you assume about it. If xts have been here they have been also regardless of what you or anyone else assumes about it. Were you somehow unaware of all that? Also, ALL we have is our assumptions or interpretations of things. Even the things you believe to know as fact it is only your own personal interpretation that they are.

The key word there is "IF". Using that argument "IF horses flew I'd have one". :tu:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#336    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 21 January 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

nopeda, on 21 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:
They're below average regarding the possibility that xts HAVE been here, that's for sure. Maybe they have been. Maybe they have not. The closed minded can only consider one of countless possibilities. How could they get any less capable, or any lower than they are?
AFAIK for every real possible xt involvement there's no verifiable physical evidence for, there's also none that explains how else the things that make it seem possible could have taken place. Instead there are just a bunch of "maybe's", "might have been's", "what if's"....
A possibility of something being true doesn't make it a fact.
Which leaves it as an "unknown" and NOT evidence for extraterrestrials.
There's plenty of evidence for things that are unknown, including xts. Were you somehow unaware of that?

#337    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 21 January 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

nopeda, on 21 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

The key word there is "IF". Using that argument "IF
Tell us how humans moved hundred ton rocks without the use of wheels or pulleys. Don't tell us how they might have which is "if", but tell us how they actually DID cut them from the Earth, and move them, and stack them.

#338    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postnopeda, on 21 January 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Tell us how humans moved hundred ton rocks without the use of wheels or pulleys. Don't tell us how they might have which is "if", but tell us how they actually DID cut them from the Earth, and move them, and stack them.

Only if you tell us how aliens 'actually DID cut them from the Earth, and move them, and stack them'. Remember, per your guidelines...no if's.

I'm guessing you don't see the silliness of your request given your own lack of data?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#339    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,522 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

oops replied to wrong post

Edited by seeder, 21 January 2013 - 10:58 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#340    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,522 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I know what you're hinting at, so I suggest you look at the timeline for what man actually achieved from just 1 to 500 ad

knowledge is power

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#341    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,522 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postnopeda, on 21 January 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

People will deny evidence exists even though evidence is what's discussed most here afaik.

evidence indeed, If there were evidence of xts we wouldn't be discussing it..  show me one scrap of evidence?

#342    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,522 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Tell us how humans moved hundred ton rocks without the use of wheels or pulleys.

OK I will

Edited by seeder, 21 January 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#343    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,248 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 21 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Only if you tell us how aliens 'actually DID cut them from the Earth, and move them, and stack them'. Remember, per your guidelines...no if's.

And please tell us why.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#344    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 21 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I'm guessing you don't see the silliness of your request given your own lack of data?
In contrast, it was to show the silliness of his "complaint" since all ANY OF US have are "ifs", including you and he.

#345    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 January 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

nopeda, on 21 January 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:
I know what you're hinting at, so I suggest you look at the timeline for what man actually achieved from just 1 to 500 ad
knowledge is power
I want to know how people did what I asked, or if it was beyond their ability if it was. So far from my pov it sure seems that it was, because no one else can figure out how they could have done some of the things either. So far none of us can know, so the possibility that they had help must be taken into consideration from my pov and they couldn't have gotten help like that from any other creatures on this planet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users