Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jeb Bush Backs Tax Increases to Cut Debt

taxes republicans bush

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,443 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Bloomberg said:

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, in a break with his party, said he could support tax increases to help reduce the federal government’s budget deficit.
The brother of former President George W. Bush told a congressional panel in Washington today that he could back a theoretical deficit-reduction package that would include $1 in tax increases for every $10 in spending cuts.

read more

as expected and several time said :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,922 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 June 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

as expected and several time said :devil:
I think he realizes he's safe within those parameters.  
What was "Wimpy's" famous line?  I shall gladly repay you Tuesday for a hamburger today?  No Liberal will ever REALLY give up on a ratio like that....

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,443 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postand then, on 01 June 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

I think he realizes he's safe within those parameters.  
What was "Wimpy's" famous line?  I shall gladly repay you Tuesday for a hamburger today?  No Liberal will ever REALLY give up on a ratio like that....

And no Republican will stick to that ratio to get the debt down.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

please boot jeb with your illustrious 3 toed foot

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,922 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 June 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

And no Republican will stick to that ratio to get the debt down.
I'm sure you are correct.  And they BOTH are doing only what is required of them by their constituencies.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#6    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,902 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

View Postand then, on 01 June 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

I'm sure you are correct.  And they BOTH are doing only what is required of them by their constituencies.

And in the end the people get the government they voted for. What tickles me is all the wailing about the deficit, and yet the means is there to reduce it. But the people won't vote for the government who want to employ those means.

So, are the people really unhappy about the government deficit, or is the outcry simply partisan rhetoric?

Personally, I don't think the people give a rat's patootie about the deficit - as long as they can buy a new car, or new wide-screen tv, etc. It's not their credit card (or bank account) which is maxed out, or overdrawn...or so they think.

Edited by Leonardo, 02 June 2012 - 09:43 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,443 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 02 June 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

And in the end the people get the government they voted for. What tickles me is all the wailing about the deficit, and yet the means is there to reduce it. But the people won't vote for the government who want to employ those means.

So, are the people really unhappy about the government deficit, or is the outcry simply partisan rhetoric?

Personally, I don't think the people give a rat's patootie about the deficit - as long as they can buy a new car, or new wide-screen tv, etc. It's not their credit card (or bank account) which is maxed out, or overdrawn...or so they think.

They are as unhappy with it as with the fact that they are using the AMEX card to pay off the VISA and the VISA to pay off the AMEX.

Sometimes I think that America is not based on liberty and the pursuit of happiness but on accruing debt and complaining about it. Because the government debt is peanuts compared to the personal and corporate debt.

about me

#8    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,902 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 June 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

They are as unhappy with it as with the fact that they are using the AMEX card to pay off the VISA and the VISA to pay off the AMEX.

Sometimes I think that America is not based on liberty and the pursuit of happiness but on accruing debt and complaining about it. Because the government debt is peanuts compared to the personal and corporate debt.

Liberty is synonymous with credit, is it not? :P

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#9    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 02 June 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Liberty is synonymous with credit, is it not? :P

I sure as hell hope not since I have no credit because I have never had any debt. :clap:  Don't even have a credit score. :tsu:  Yet I feel as free as most (indebted) folks I know.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

Also tagged with taxes, republicans, bush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users