Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The French Glozel Plate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:10 PM

In 1924, at Glozel, France, a French boy discovered an archaeological site on his family's farm, which turned out to be the opening to a tomb. The story became a major French scandal when the site was declared invalid. Now, after 75 years, the findings have finally proven genuine. What was found was a collection of bricks and inscribed tablets, two paring knives, two small axes and two stones bearing inscriptions that have been shown to date from 10,000 to 15,000 years ago.
Below is a representation of the French Glozel plate, along with pebbles of the Magdalenean Era (14,000 B.C. approx.)

user posted image

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#2    Exclusive

Exclusive

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:09 PM

Have the meaning of the symbols on the tablets been discovered, and if not is anyone working on this code???

#3    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:02 PM

As far as I know, there isn's any attempt to desipher it. In one website I read that some researchers believe that the characters on the plate are similar to greek or minoan characters, but I don't know..
I mean, the "X" character was greek, ok so far, but the symbol of two crossing lines (X) can be quite easily "invented" if you know what I mean. Same goes for other symbols, like "O", "I", "V", etc.

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users