Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Results of the Bumper Sticker Poll

MasterPo

This is the results of my local unofficial, unscientific survey of - bumper stickers.

In the 2000 election I constantly saw Bush or Gore bumper stickers on the road.

In the 2004 election I constantly saw Bush or Keary bumperstickers everywhere.

Even in the 2008 Primaries I saw bumper stickers for Hilary, Obama, McCain, Romney, even Ron Paul.

But now with the election less than 3 weeks away I see - nothing!

I see very very few bumper stickers (or lawn signs for that matter). If Obama has such great mass support where is all the campaign stickers? He certainly has the money to print and distribute it.

And you can't say NY isn't a blue state. We brought you Hilary. :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• MasterPo

• Clocker

• Incorrigible1

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a fair share of bumper stickers where I live (SW Miami), most of them being Obama but yea ... I think there were more of them in 2004.

I see a fair share of bumper stickers where I live (SW Miami), most of them being Obama but yea ... I think there were more of them in 2004.

I go out to the Eastern end of Long Island almost every weekend. I see very few bumper stickers on cars compared to even 2004. And certainly not a majority for Obama. And this is a dedicated blue state!

This is a polarising election. Given that there's an overall decline in numbers, my guess would be that no-one's quite so keen to wear their hearts on their sleeve this time around.

This is a polarising election. Given that there's an overall decline in numbers, my guess would be that no-one's quite so keen to wear their hearts on their sleeve this time around.

Maybe it's that those Mickey Mouse folks ACORN has registered, since they're new to this whole voting experience, just don't have the connections to obtain the "Obama/Biden" stickers. Maybe in four years, eh?

Maybe it's that those Mickey Mouse folks ACORN has registered, since they're new to this whole voting experience, just don't have the connections to obtain the "Obama/Biden" stickers. Maybe in four years, eh?

Don't have to worry about that. If his election comes to pass in 4 years (probably less) you won't be able to afford a car to put it on! :(

I would never ruin my car by putting a sticker on it.

That's why you stick it on the window. ;)

I think there is one thing that goes unreported that may very well result in an upset, and that is the large crowds that Palin draws in all her campaign stops.

Are these people just there to see her or will they vote as well?

Edited by AROCES

I think there is one thing that goes unreported that may very well result in an upset, and that is the large crowds that Palin draws in all her campaign stops.

Are these people just there to see her or will they vote as well?

I did hear that Rent-A-Crowd have announced record profits this year.

Edited by Leonardo

Don't have to worry about that. If his election comes to pass in 4 years (probably less) you won't be able to afford a car to put it on! :(

Nah. Even if there's a higher tax for cars (or in general), people will just buy smaller cars. That's what people do here (cars are significantly more expensive than in the US, taxes are higher too...and gas is twice as expensive). I don't see that as such a bad thing anyway, having smaller cars in general.

Wow! What a scientific and widespread poll you've conducted here, MasterPo!

Looks like this election's decided!

Nah. Even if there's a higher tax for cars (or in general), people will just buy smaller cars. That's what people do here (cars are significantly more expensive than in the US, taxes are higher too...and gas is twice as expensive). I don't see that as such a bad thing anyway, having smaller cars in general.

That might work for some. But not everyone. I don't think I could get by without my pick-up truck. For everything from hauling lumber to firewood. Switching to a car just won't work for me. ( Aswell as many people )

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "I'm voting for Sarah and the Old Guy".... :D

And in my town/area I have counted at least 52 McCain Palin signs and only 2 Obama.

Oh man bumber stickers are so yesterday, no one puts those god awful things on there car anymore. Do they :unsure2:

Oh man bumber stickers are so yesterday, no one puts those god awful things on there car anymore. Do they :unsure2:

The activist still do, they are the only ones doing it now for they vandalized (like slash the tire) cars with stickers they don't like.

That might work for some. But not everyone. I don't think I could get by without my pick-up truck. For everything from hauling lumber to firewood. Switching to a car just won't work for me. ( Aswell as many people )

Of course there are always going to be people who really need bigger cars, you're correct. But people who need bigger cars around here get them even if they cost more than smaller ones. And I believe people who really need e.g. a pick-up are a minority. But seriously, I don't think people won't be able to afford cars if Obama gets elected, hahaha. So whether you or I would be closer to being right, in the end it wouldn't matter anyway ;)

Mine sez "Vote Libertarian!" For real.

And in my town/area I have counted at least 52 McCain Palin signs and only 2 Obama.

My, my, I guess all of those Electoral Predictions and National Polls made by expert statisticians and political scientists are just wrong! Your extremely scientific poll of McCain signs in your neighborhood is much more accurate!

My, my, I guess all of those Electoral Predictions and National Polls made by expert statisticians and political scientists are just wrong! Your extremely scientific poll of McCain signs in your neighborhood is much more accurate!

YUP, just like in 2000 and 2004.