Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man spontaneously combusts and lives

frank baker the unexplained files spontaneous human combustion

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,372 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 22 January 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

Thanks, but... Joe Nickell?  i wouldn't give 2 cents.  The eyewitness, in the room as the incident occurred, testified that the "inside of her mouth was all burned".  As a former Records Keeper, i know that records(in this case, hospital records) are often "cleaned up" to avoid anything unusual.  The M.E. insisted "there's no such thing" as SHC, sounds like a closed-mind.  It's difficult to understand.  I'd say it's a mystery, and a legitimate part of the SHC lore. Is SHC possible?  Evidence suggests it is!

Are you saying there is evidence for it or are you saying that if you cherry pick you can create a maybe mystery. Clearly, it is the latter.

The eyewitness as you call him is one of several eyewitnesses. Carrol stated that the clothes were severely burned. But Carrol also stated that the clothes were not burned. The police were also eyewitnesses. They report burned clothes. The hospital reports burned clothes.

The hospital says no burns in the mouth. Carrol who has flip flopped on the burned clothes has claimed burns in the mouth.

I say its not a mystery. It is a legitimate part of SHC lore though. It has become a part of an idea that has been shown to be wrong.

Edited by stereologist, 22 January 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#32    simplybill

simplybill

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

Here's a good article from the BBC on the wick effect:
http://news.bbc.co.u...news/158853.stm

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#33    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,697 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:10 AM

Thanks, but... Joe Nickell?  i wouldn't give 2 cents.  The eyewitness, in the room as the incident occurred, testified that the "inside of her mouth was all burned".  As a former Records Keeper, i know that records(in this case, hospital records) are often "cleaned up" to avoid anything unusual.  The M.E. insisted "there's no such thing" as SHC, sounds like a closed-mind.  It's difficult to understand.  I'd say it's a mystery, and a legitimate part of the SHC lore. Is SHC possible?  Evidence suggests it is!
So witnesses are more reliable than objective evidence?

#34    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Standard response when backed into a corner.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users