Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange Thought Patterns & Memory Lapses

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    franciscomaribel

franciscomaribel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I have something very similar happen to me, though I'm often lying down as opposed to being up and about.

It starts with a slight feeling of massiveness, and I gradually become aware of every part of my body, and I feel as large as the room. Then, sometimes, as you were describing, my thoughts seem to be acting completely on their own, without any action on my part. What's more, I feel as though my awareness is centered in my chest, just where it starts, where my neck ends, and that my thoughts are occurring at the top of my head. That is where I can feel them occurring.

During this, I don't feel any less intelligent, and my thoughts are no different from how they normally are: I'm simply not a part of the process. I am an observer.

My thoughts on the matter are that we are truly not in control of our thoughts; it seems as though we, the me, the I, is something akin to awareness, centered in the body. Our thoughts are simply a mechanical process the brain uses to solve problems. Its as mechanical as breathing, or controlling heart rate.

On a neuroscientific note, it has been shown that all the thoughts we have, all the decisions we make, etc., are created and made first in the unconscious, without our being aware, and then, milliseconds later, we become consciously aware of them.

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,535 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

View Postfranciscomaribel, on 29 September 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

On a neuroscientific note, it has been shown that all the thoughts we have, all the decisions we make, etc., are created and made first in the unconscious, without our being aware, and then, milliseconds later, we become consciously aware of them.
Not so fast.. Many of those things bury themselves only to be delt with latter, its a temporal mind ****, trust me.

Edited by Seeker79, 30 September 2012 - 03:13 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users