Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#6721    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,296 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

well no. Given that a Caesar and later a Sultan burnt the damn thing to the ground we can never tell what was written there.
But "they had the world's best library to call on" does reinforce the idea that thr ancients may very well have known what we now do not.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6722    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 February 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Still no evidence that what was written there was accurate.  Or that it could be correctly interpreted.

We can identify with the Romans.  We can understand their architecture, culture, language and writing because until quite recently in the UK school boys had to study it.

Not so true with ancient Egypt.

If it was how come we have struggled to interpret Hieroglyphics and as yet still not fully decoded the GP.

This is a very key issue and says a very great deal indeed.

there is no credible evidence at all to the claims you sprout.. none..

let me ask you a question.. why is it.. we have art .. artifacts.. tools.. food.. wines.. stories.. all that stuff about the every day life of ancient Egypt..

yet we have nothing at all that shows about what your talking about..

oh of course you will bring up the 'egypt light bulb carving' which is actually the lotus flower.. fact
you may want to actually take a look at the egyptian legends about the creation of the universe.. it might open your eyes a little.. since you work at the museum.. it shouldnt be to hard to find out.. ask a work mate..

the AA crowd say there was no soot there.. myth

what was said when they cleaned and uncovered brightly colored reliefs on the ceiling.. I will quote them directly, they said the ceiling was covered with “hundreds of years of black soot” have to admit that is rather interesting fact

so.. if they had electric lights.. why the soot? please explain zoser.. I am sure you have a explanation..

#6723    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 10 February 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

so.. if they had electric lights.. why the soot? please explain zoser.. I am sure you have a explanation..

Well one must ask the obvious first.  Recent soot or ancient soot?

Then there is the big challenge to the burning torch idea.  How did they achieve that quality of work under such poor light conditions?  This is not one of the most fascinating issues to me by any means.  The GP is a much deeper mystery.

Since you raise it however I would make these obvious challenges.

Edited by zoser, 10 February 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image

#6724    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 10 February 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

But "they had the world's best library to call on" does reinforce the idea that thr ancients may very well have known what we now do not.

Or they may not have known.  Depends on how they were able to interpret what they read.

Posted Image

#6725    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 February 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Well one must ask the obvious first.  Recent soot or ancient soot?

Then there is the big challenge to the burning torch idea.  How did they achieve that quality of work under such poor light conditions?  This is not one of the most fascinating issues to me by any means.  The GP is a much deeper mystery.

Since you raise it however I would make these obvious challenges.

ancient soot zoser.. why would it be anything but?

and if it was not.. why is there no recording anywhere of them having electric lights? you would think it would be a important fact for them..

seriously.. dont get me wrong I would love it it was true.. that the GP is a giant generator..  but its not..

Edited by DingoLingo, 10 February 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#6726    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 10 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

ancient soot zoser.. why would it be anything but?

More recent visitors.  Tomb robbers et al.

Posted Image

#6727    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,296 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

true, given that the language itwas written it was a living language it would have evolved reatly since the days of the pramid builder, but reading the ancient texts was an impotant part of the culture, which suggests that someone - a great number of someones probably - could read the language in which those texts were written.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6728    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 February 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

More recent visitors.  Tomb robbers et al.

considering most tomb robbing in ancient egypt happened not long after a tomb was sealed.. so where is the rest of the artifacts? the equipment that used the power that was generated?

stone carvings showing the machines?

so far the only thing you can come up with is the dendra light..

so was the GP only for powering lights?

#6729    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 10 February 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

considering most tomb robbing in ancient egypt happened not long after a tomb was sealed.. so where is the rest of the artifacts? the equipment that used the power that was generated?

stone carvings showing the machines?

so far the only thing you can come up with is the dendra light..

so was the GP only for powering lights?

It's all though the artwork if one cares to look.  The Dendera images only happen to be the most popularised:

Posted Image

What happened to the artefacts?  Good question?  Buried deep within the hills of Giza is my guess along with Khufu, Chephren, Zoser, and all the other famous Kings.

What happened to the visitors who built the GP is a better question though.

Posted Image

#6730    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,450 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

By "Hundreds of years of Soot", do they mean it had been there for hundreds of Years, or it was the accumulated Soot from hundreds of years of burning things? Where would the Soot have come from? from the builders' torches that they used for Illumination, is that the argument we're proceeding wth? Just wanted to make clear exactly what it is people are arguing about. :santa:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#6731    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 February 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

It's all though the artwork if one cares to look.  The Dendera images only happen to be the most popularised:

Posted Image

What happened to the artefacts?  Good question?  Buried deep within the hills of Giza is my guess along with Khufu, Chephren, Zoser, and all the other famous Kings.

ok.. so you have what.. 4 things down.. the dendra light.. and those 3.. where are the others.. where are the descriptions on what they do? why are their no writings telling about them?

egyptians liked to write down everything.. and there is nothing about these.. and please do not use the 'forbidden knowledge.. priests only' since we have a lot of the forbidden knowledge that only priests knew..

#6732    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 10 February 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

By "Hundreds of years of Soot", do they mean it had been there for hundreds of Years, or it was the accumulated Soot from hundreds of years of burning things? Where would the Soot have come from? from the builders' torches that they used for Illumination, is that the argument we're proceeding wth? Just wanted to make clear exactly what it is people are arguing about. :santa:

pretty much.. as soon as the levels built up and cover over the passage ways.. they had to light it..  so yup.. that is what I am arguing about..

#6733    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,479 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 February 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

Google "Djed". Although if you were objective you would already know what they were. They had nothing to do with technology.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#6734    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 10 February 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Don't get technical LV; you will really confuse them.

Soot is soot and that means no aliens period.

Posted Image

#6735    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 10 February 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Google "Djed". Although if you were objective you would already know what they were. They had nothing to do with technology.

According to who?  Egyptologists?  Not good enough.

Posted Image