Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 18 votes

How do I invite evil spirits to my home?


  • Please log in to reply
2282 replies to this topic

#2086    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,580 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 31 March 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

It's interesting that you have a problem with people "knowing" the truth about this subject when you, mere posts ago, claimed youknow the truth. You certainly didn't express it as a belief...

If you've ever followed posts I make, you'll find that I'll go down the rational and medical routes, especially if things aren't adding up on my end, but for as many times as there has been a rational or medical explanation, there's also been a number of times it hasn't and that something paranormal has been occurring.

Are you STILL waiting for evidence on the Internet? Of course nobody can produce it on this forum, it's practically impossible, but there are genuine people out there experiencing genuine things - go out and investigate like a real skeptic, not a keyboard warrior. Given this advice to you a thousand times, it feels like, now.

As for reporting people to mods, heh, something tells me nothing would happen. Besides, we're presumably all adults and I don't need to run to a mod to slap somebody on the wrist, their ignorance is like water off of a ducks back.


I do know on this topic, and some others. There are things I do not know. As for this topic, there has not ever been even a shred of verifiable evidence that these things exist. yet, there has been a ton of evidence to show what the claims are, and that is fact.

As for waiting for evidence on the internet.....

I have asked for ways to do this, and not doing this on the internet. Doing them myself.

As for going out, what topic are you refering to?

I can give you a butt load of places, and topics, I have covered on my own, not on the internet.

Google " Virginia City ". It has been on every ghost hunting show there is, I lived in Sparks, Nevada for over 40 years. I spent years if added up, in and about V.C, well before the internet, or paranormal TV shows " investigating " the ghost stories there. I was there enough to be a " local ", and while working at Pepsi also did some " investigating " to places that were on TV.

I need to note, while doing that, I did " believe ".......

I can assure you, reality, and stories are two different things. I was not alone doing this, there were about 5 of us, from age 16, to 30 ( meaning us five for 14 years ) that frequented V.C. , and other ghost towns, such as Bodie, California.

So, as for going out, I have plenty of that. More then many have a clue about.

Now, if you want to go on other things paranormal we can do that to, on another topic....But again, I have had my fill of that, and repeating my replies, that are the same as others would be a waste of time.

Edited by Sakari, 31 March 2013 - 02:04 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#2087    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,580 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

View Postpallidin, on 31 March 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

I agree.

Mods, if appropriate can you jump-in and lock this incredibly BS thread?

I think a valid reason would need to be given to do that. This topic is obviously of interest. How many topics have gone on for over 3 years ( soon ) consistently?

If people can refrain from arguing ( and most have ), then why lock it?

If you think it is BS, then do not read it, and do not reply to it. People have come in numerous times, with valid replies, new members and old. Just because a few people get upset about the topic, does not mean a valid reason to lock it in my opinion.

If that were the case, I would be asking mods to lock a lot of topics that I felt are BS.

Edited by Sakari, 31 March 2013 - 02:29 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#2088    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,634 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostSakari, on 30 March 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Well, either people will believe that I am a honest person, and do want to experience these things.

Or, they can think I am lying, and want nothing to do with them at all.9

It's not about you.

Quote

You, as anyone has their right to a opinion. And really, I could care less what side of the fence you are on.

I'm not on a side. I only know enough to know I don't know enough.


Quote

.I know they do not exist in the way others claim them to. I also know they can not be summoned, nor can they be scared away with a circle of salt, or burning sage, because they only exist in ones mind.

Then this thread is a farce. And everything under, on, and outside the Sun is in one's mind. You're going to have to narrow that down a bit.

Quote

None of that matters, as said, I can care less if people " believe " I am honest or not.....Not like I am claiming a supernatural power, or being able to talk to ghosts. I have just tried to invite them to my home. Not really that big of a claim if you ask me, anyone can try it for themselves.

I just hope they don't have the intent to not experience anything, as the mind is a powerful tool in fulfilling one's own wishes.


'Please don't reply to this post "out of respect", if your respect will just be more defending of yourself and/or your thread. It is pointless, and that's why people are wanting this thread to die. Your posts are now mostly bragging of other threads where you achieved notoriety, or how popular and long running this one is with how many replies and pages it has. I have started to see what it's about here. I only keep replying because some things said in here bother me enough to give my two cents. I need to stop that.

Edited by _Only, 31 March 2013 - 07:28 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#2089    Lilly

Lilly

    Forum Divinity

  • 16,456 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Female

  • "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 31 March 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:


As for reporting people to mods, heh, something tells me nothing would happen. Besides, we're presumably all adults and I don't need to run to a mod to slap somebody on the wrist, their ignorance is like water off of a ducks back.

Actually, reporting objectionable content to the moderators is the mature response. And I assure you that those who do not follow UM rules do indeed face consequences (official warnings followed by suspension and in severe cases account banning).

As to this particular disagreement, seems to me to be a matter of opinion. Some people simply do not believe demons and such exist at all while others believe quite the opposite. I agree that no one is likely to be able to 'prove' anything on an internet forum, but there's no reason why discussion can't take place without resorting to personal ad hom remarks.

Do not make discussion personal. Discuss the subject at hand, not one another.


"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~


Posted Image

#2090    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostLilly, on 31 March 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Actually, reporting objectionable content to the moderators is the mature response. And I assure you that those who do not follow UM rules do indeed face consequences (official warnings followed by suspension and in severe cases account banning).

As to this particular disagreement, seems to me to be a matter of opinion. Some people simply do not believe demons and such exist at all while others believe quite the opposite. I agree that no one is likely to be able to 'prove' anything on an internet forum, but there's no reason why discussion can't take place without resorting to personal ad hom remarks.

Do not make discussion personal. Discuss the subject at hand, not one another.


I apologise if I was wrong about that, however I have seen one or two topics that have been solely created with the intent to mock the beliefs of others. One recent thread being about ghosts and the ridicule was all over the topic. It wasn't locked and as far as I know, nobody has been reprimanded for that. I can bet my bottom dollar if I made a topic mocking a belief, particularly say Islam, I'd be, rightfully so, dealt with pretty quickly. Seems a little lopsided to me.

As for this topic itself, I couldn't agree more that discussion isn't a bad thing. The problem I have with this thread is that it's not about discussion, it's got ridicule written all over it. The OP has made clear he has no interest in discussing this field, nor investigating it, he simply wants to shove his unfounded opinion down everybody's throats like it's fact. Let's look at the definition of discussion: The action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

Can you honestly say you see that in this thread from the OP? He has no interest in an exchange of ideas, all he has interest in is telling people to present him with evidence, of which you agree is not possible over the Internet, otherwise he talks down to them and has no intentions of taking the thread further. Doesn't sound like much of a discussion to me. I'm clearly not alone in wanting to see this thread locked and killed off, it's serving no purpose but as a tool to berate people, their beliefs and experiences - of which are unimportant, just because they didn't happen to the OP.

Edited by The Skater Boy, 31 March 2013 - 06:30 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5


#2091    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

I have a feeling skater that just want to stir the pot, not because you disagree with them just you want people to argue with you. Best example is that you agree with Simbi opinion on letting this topic die, yet you still posting on here, you just want to have the last word in.

Let this thread die skaterboy, let it fall to page ten or so.

Edited by Brian Topp, 31 March 2013 - 06:40 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#2092    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 31 March 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

I have a feeling skater that just want to stir the pot, not because you disagree with them just you want people to argue with you. Best example is that you agree with Simbi opinion on letting this topic die, yet you still posting on here, you just want to have the last word in.

Let this thread die skaterboy, let it fall to page ten or so.

That will never happen. The OP won't allow it.

Do you see me arguing the points of this thread further? No, clearly I have lost interest in this thread and that would indicate I do want it to die, only a Mod is going to achieve that. It'd be rude of me not to respond and argue my case with the Mod so unless you have something to say about this topic - butt out.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5


#2093    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 31 March 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

That will never happen. The OP won't allow it.

Do you see me arguing the points of this thread further? No, clearly I have lost interest in this thread and that would indicate I do want it to die, only a Mod is going to achieve that. It'd be rude of me not to respond and argue my case with the Mod so unless you have something to say about this topic - butt out.

Thanks for proving my point.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#2094    TSS

TSS

    Observer

  • Member
  • 5,674 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • The loud ones never last!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 31 March 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I apologise if I was wrong about that, however I have seen one or two topics that have been solely created with the intent to mock the beliefs of others. One recent thread being about ghosts and the ridicule was all over the topic. It wasn't locked and as far as I know, nobody has been reprimanded for that. I can bet my bottom dollar if I made a topic mocking a belief, particularly say Islam, I'd be, rightfully so, dealt with pretty quickly. Seems a little lopsided to me.

It can appear lopsided if you're not privvy to all the threads that are reported, or how they are assessed.

Quote

As for this topic itself, I couldn't agree more that discussion isn't a bad thing. The problem I have with this thread is that it's not about discussion, it's got ridicule written all over it. The OP has made clear he has no interest in discussing this field, nor investigating it, he simply wants to shove his unfounded opinion down everybody's throats like it's fact. Let's look at the definition of discussion: The action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

Can you honestly say you see that in this thread from the OP? He has no interest in an exchange of ideas, all he has interest in is telling people to present him with evidence, of which you agree is not possible over the Internet, otherwise he talks down to them and has no intentions of taking the thread further. Doesn't sound like much of a discussion to me. I'm clearly not alone in wanting to see this thread locked and killed off, it's serving no purpose but as a tool to berate people, their beliefs and experiences - of which are unimportant, just because they didn't happen to the OP.

Closing a thread is a last resort in most cases, since allowing discussion is the preferred option. This one is being monitored the same as all others, if it crosses a tipping point then it is shut, if not, it's given time to allow discussion. As to how it is judged isn't really your concern. :)

Now lets get back to the topic, and not a discussion on moderators, of how threads are moderated, or how decisions are made.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#2095    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,501 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 31 March 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Now lets get back to the topic, and not a discussion on moderators, of how threads are moderated, or how decisions are made.

What Sky Scanner said^

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 31 March 2013 - 07:48 PM.

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#2096    notforgotten

notforgotten

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Joined:05 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tustin, Ca. USA

  • The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Evil spirits have plagued mankind for thousands of years. They have drove many people insane. They have drove them into mental hospitals and asylums. Psychiatry use to call schizophrenia demons. And there are many countries that believe that schizpophrenia is having evil spirits in ones life. Is this what you want Sakari?

It's sin that brings evil spirits into a persons life. Although, a good person would never tell you what any of those sins are because they would be committing an evil act in doing so. If you want a glimpse into the spirit world, study your dreams because often times when we dream we are out of our bodies in the invisible spirit world.


#2097    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,580 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

View Postnotforgotten, on 02 April 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

Evil spirits have plagued mankind for thousands of years. They have drove many people insane. They have drove them into mental hospitals and asylums. Psychiatry use to call schizophrenia demons. And there are many countries that believe that schizpophrenia is having evil spirits in ones life. Is this what you want Sakari?

It's sin that brings evil spirits into a persons life. Although, a good person would never tell you what any of those sins are because they would be committing an evil act in doing so. If you want a glimpse into the spirit world, study your dreams because often times when we dream we are out of our bodies in the invisible spirit world.


Everything you are saying leads to what " this " is.

A medical condition, and all in ones head. ( alive or asleep )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#2098    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

  • Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostSakari, on 02 April 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

Everything you are saying leads to what " this " is.

A medical condition, and all in ones head. ( alive or asleep )

:innocent:

Edited by The Skater Boy, 02 April 2013 - 02:41 AM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5


#2099    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

At OP have you had any success in this quest of yours at all?


#2100    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

View Postpallidin, on 31 March 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

I'm not going to read 139 pages, but all I can say is why the hell would you want "evil" spirits in your home.

Sounds really crazy to me, no offense.

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 31 March 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

This thread should just die. I find it hard to believe its still going . Just my two sense .

View Postpallidin, on 31 March 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

I agree.

Mods, if appropriate can you jump-in and lock this incredibly BS thread?

Absolutely, this thread has proven nothing and disproven nothing.

*snip*

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 02 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.
Removed flamebait

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).




5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users