Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

re. Hell

sards

Was quite interested in the concept I heard that heaven and hell are the memory that you were experiencing at the moment that your physical life terminated. In other words. Good memory - heaven. Bad memory - hell.

Memory of what?

So only people who die peacefully experience heaven?

• Like 2

Hell must be pretty packed with all the people who have died in the wars over the centuries. Unless someone comes along and tells us there is a "good" memory at the point of being killed.smiley-confused005.gif

• Like 2

well that explains the Vikings and Valhalla........

I am more impressed with the 50% chance you have of being in either state. It's totally random.

Edited by sards

Hell must be pretty packed with all the people who have died in the wars over the centuries. Unless someone comes along and tells us there is a "good" memory at the point of being killed.smiley-confused005.gif

Surely with a sudden death there is no chance of memories

People who die suddenly don't experience anything while alive?

Surely with a sudden death there is no chance of memories

I guess something must have been on their mind at the moment of life termination, but once dead, sudden or otherwise, all memories are gone.

This is rather morbid, and with respect to all those who have died suddenly, be it at the hands of another or due to natural causes, i would rather not think about them going through a selection process due to some religious beliefs.

I ate a gigantic dosai for dinner last night and that was heavenly.

Was quite interested in the concept I heard that heaven and hell are the memory that you were experiencing at the moment that your physical life terminated. In other words. Good memory - heaven. Bad memory - hell.

While it's an interesting hypothesis, I do wonder at the illogic of it. After all, who comes back after "physical life has terminated" to report their happy memories are heaven and their bad ones are hell?

So why would this concept ever get started, unless it was someone having a brain-fart (or possibly high) speculating about a purported "life after death"?

And I guess you could say the same for all "afterlife hypotheses". It's all just wild guesswork based on selfish desires for the continuation of existence.

• Like 1

So in a sense heaven and hell are of your own creation. Worlds that you deem to be a personal reality in the afterlife? Is this what your thinking?

So in a sense heaven and hell are of your own creation. Worlds that you deem to be a personal reality in the afterlife? Is this what your thinking?

I admit I gave it considerable thought after hearing about the concept and in a way it kinda makes sense.

I am no expert on the subject of what happens to our " spirit " when life is exhausted in our physical bodies but if you follow the idea that the brain still functions up until the point that it is extinguished it seems plausable that the last thought would be the one your spirit takes into wherever it goes.

This also removes any concept of Good and Evil or even God or the Devil in the process of determining " after-life ".

I admit I gave it considerable thought after hearing about the concept and in a way it kinda makes sense.

I am no expert on the subject of what happens to our " spirit " when life is exhausted in our physical bodies but if you follow the idea that the brain still functions up until the point that it is extinguished it seems plausable that the last thought would be the one your spirit takes into wherever it goes.

This also removes any concept of Good and Evil or even God or the Devil in the process of determining " after-life ".

Is having a spirit also a human invention, how is it known that we have one, the same applies to heaven and hell both invented by religion , if I wake up after death I will know.

i read an article about a guy who died on the operating table during a routine surgery.

When he was revived he said he knew he had been dead and he had witnessed Hell. He took that experience and decided to change his life so he wouldnt have to experience it ever again.

So based on his experience going to Hell doesnt require a violent death.

Just repeating a story i read, i have no opinion on it.