Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Sexuality

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Why is that when I openly tell people I'm bisexual, I get disgusting looks and told I'm going to suffer until the end of time. Then, on top of that, I am an agnostic/athiest (I don't believe but I lean more towards the possibility rather then the skeptical and am open minded) people start jumping up and down as if I am the embodiment of their devil. Why does this barbaric practice of treating others different because of their beliefs still happen? I don't laugh in some kids face because they believe in Santa, I don't interrupt anybodies prayers because they mean nothing to me. Why can't I get the same respect I give? Is this ever going to change?

P.s I don't sacrifice babies if anybody was wondering..

pp.s I can't help but lol at black people trying to tell gays not to marry, when they themselves had no right to vote not even a hundred years ago, they are protesting just as the whites did.

pps. Enjoy the picture. :)

Attached Files

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#2    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Luckily we are vexing a more tolerant society. Each new generation understands more and excepts more. You see people are afraid to be OK with others. I'm Buddhist by philosophy ... Christians tell meeting without Christ I will go to hell. I figure I'm going to live a good life and be the best person I can be regardless of how others view me. So saying that I should be tolerant of their beliefs and know that no matter how much they believe something that it shouldn't effect me. So if they say your going to hell say thank you for sharing your opinion and move on.
I guess to sum it up. Your beliefs are your own as theirs is there own and if you wish to be free to believe what you want then they should have that same right. Too bad they seem louder at times but meh what can you do.
And zara I hope you don't let them rent space in your head... your the landlord after all and in the end it's your choice.
I'm proud of you for being who you are if that means anything to you.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#3    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

:) that was so amazing to read, thank you for accepting me. It means so much. Your words will defiantly guide me.

#4    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Awe... sorry for all the spelling errors up top... damn autocorrect... LOL
Anyways zara have a good night.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#5    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Zara, If it is any consolation, if I was a female, I would be bi-sexual too :)

edit.....oh, and I agree with Aus der Box too :)

Edited by Englishgent, 06 June 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#6    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,863 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 06 June 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

P.s I don't sacrifice babies if anybody was wondering..

All of us agnostics and athiests sacrifice babies - every theist know this! :P

My breakfast this morning is toasted oats with shavings of cured baby* for extra protein.  :devil:

*tastes like bacon, but milder.

But seriously, prejudice is, unfortunately, extremely common and can be very hurtful. The best response is to not fall into the trap of responding like for like. Prejudice is a result of fear or some inner conflict, and so treat the prejudiced with compassion for their affliction...

...It'll annoy the hell out of them! :devil:

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#7    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Oh darn! I must not have got the memo, you must send me some recpiees for cooking babies the right way! xD

hahaha, i've never thought of it like that :D did you get this from observation alone? Or a study?

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 06 June 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Oh darn! I must not have got the memo, you must send me some recpiees for cooking babies the right way! xD

hahaha, i've never thought of it like that :D did you get this from observation alone? Or a study?

Was it a bad experience that made you bi?

Dont you want children etc?

#9    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,794 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

I am a lesbian and a witch, so when you figure out the answer let me know, because they hate me just as much as they hate you.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#10    Pookie666

Pookie666

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• I'm SUPER LAZY...
    It's kinda like normal crazy, but I wear a cape...

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 June 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Was it a bad experience that made you bi?

Dont you want children etc?

EXCUSE ME?!?!

Being Bi doesn't mean that you can't have children...
Both my partner and I are Bi, and we're raising my partner's two beautiful children.

To Zara,
Honey, be proud of who and what you are...
Everyone has the right to be...

Why do people feel safe under blankets? Its not like a murderer will come in thinking IM GOING TO KILL... Ah darn hes under a blanket

I'm trying to find myself, but to make it interesting, I'm wearing camouflage.

#11    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

sexuality is no choice, i was born like this. It wasn't a bad experience.

Thank you all for your kind words :)

#12    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostPookie666, on 06 June 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

EXCUSE ME?!?!

Being Bi doesn't mean that you can't have children...
Both my partner and I are Bi, and we're raising my partner's two beautiful children.

To Zara,
Honey, be proud of who and what you are...
Everyone has the right to be...

Over reaction?

Logic dictates that if she wants her own kid she needs a man, artificial insemination or a willing participent. Dont you want your own kid as in own flesh and blood?

#13    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,675 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

I've never had the need to tell anyone about my sexuality. Please enlighten me, do some members of the LGTB community freely admit and overtly advertise their sexuality in order to elicit some sort of response? (I refer in part, to so-called 'Gay Pride' festivals etc.

PS - This is a genuine question - not a homophobic one.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#14    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,574 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Personally, I haven't the foggiest why people get so flaked out over other peoples sexuality. I don't. I figure the only person I'm sexually into is my husband, so I don't really think about the sexuality of others too much. I fail to understand why I should care if someone is gay or bi when I don't really care if someone is straight.

Same goes for when someone says they are an atheist or agnostic. There are many beliefs in the world, and in a way they are all right. So long as a person does not use their beliefs to hurt people or cram their beliefs down peoples throats (mine in particular, lol) I don't care what people choose to believe.

Personally, I think the world would be a sucky boring place if everyone was the same.

#15    Lcvec

Lcvec

civilized caveman

• 4,551 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 June 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Over reaction?

Logic dictates that if she wants her own kid she needs a man, artificial insemination or a willing participent. Dont you want your own kid as in own flesh and blood?

I fail to see your point. I'm straight and don't want to have children, why would it be absurd if I were gay and wanted children? There's a big difference between wanting something and actually getting it...and in this case, the idea of having children can't be stronger than sexuality, it's far more logical to find a way around the problem and go for adoption or something else. The relationship between parents and their children goes far beyond being "own flesh and blood".

@Zara - I'm straight and a lot of people would still give me hell if I opened my mouth about my beliefs. I think you just have to understand that your life is your business and people can still give you their opinion, but they're hardly in position to tell you what's right or wrong. You're the one who makes the choices, you deal with the consequences. If someone tells you you'll go to a hell you don't even believe in, the least annoying thing to do is to completely ignore them. If someone said that to you, it's because they won't change their minds that easily. What matters is that you are satisfied with who you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users