Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant fossil

war_machine

About a year or two ago, I found, I'm not sure If I found it on this site or not, but I found a website that archologists (sp?) found a giant fossil in rocky terrain.

There was a picture of a man standing next to part of this giant fossil. I believe they said that the fossil was some 200 ft long and from the picture the guy looked tiny compared to this fossil.

I don't believe they knew what it was but it looked like a giant alagator(sp)? head with teeth.

Does anyone know the name of the website or it's url?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• war_machine

• NightWyvern

• frogfish

• hafizbms

200 feet? I don't think so. There was the discovery of Shonisaurus, a 60 foot long icthyosaur, and the well known "SuperCroc" Sarcosuchus, a crocodillian who reached lengths of 40 feet.

I don't think ANY prehistoric animal reached lengths of 200 feet.

i dont think so....the supercroc sarchosuchus is 40 feet and amphicoelias fragilimus is the only dinosaur that is beleived to be 200 feet.but there is not more remains of it.only the thigh bone....

You know, I just said, it looks like to ME, an alagator(sp?).

They didn't know what it was.....they could not identify it.

Just tell me kindly please.....have any of you guys stumble across a site that has a picture on it of a giant skeleton of something and a little guy standing next to it to show you how big this thing that they found is?

It is a rocky area, I'm thinking either spain, palastine(sp?), somewhere out in that area.

Any ideas on the url?

200 feet you say?thats quite a find,but,very hard to believe...I think some dinosaurs got to be maybe 60 feet long,and maybe 40 feet tall,but not 200.

go to this thread,it might explain that fossilhttp://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88943

Strange? I dunno though, seems kind of fishy

Reminds me of the whole Ted the Caver thing

Edited by Leviathan113

Ted the Caver thing

That was really good. A bit scary at times but, it was written by someone who obviously knew a lot about caving...etc..

So, you think that monster got them? lol

Can someone say "Photoshop"?? Look at the fossil itself compared to the surrounding rock. You will see the slight blur. It is almost a "airbrush effect".

Lapiche

edit: If this was legit it would be on a legit paleo website.

Edited by Piney