Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you a skeptic or believer poll

Sakari

111 members have voted

1. 1. Are you more a " skeptic " or a " believer " when it comes to " Parnormal " topics over-all

2. 2. My age group is closest to :

3. 3. I follow a Orginised Religion

Please be honest, and no need to explain why you are either one.This is not about arguing, that happens enough around here with this topic.......Actually, do not even bother replying, just do the poll please :)

It is for my curiosity, and maybe others also......I used to be a believer, and I am sure a lot of others have also, a few things made me change.

I am hoping people on both sides will start to find a way to discuss things, and debate them, without getting upset....

I think this poll will show us all a few things we can all consider......Neither good nor bad, just information.....And not something I am using to make a point...Just a on-going poll with no need to post a reply at all.

This is a general poll, on the " Paranormal ", not for one certain topic.

Edited by Sakari

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• A Shadow

• _Only

• aquatus1

The only reason why i'm replying here is because you told me not to. :tu: I'm such a rebel. B)

This will be a huge shock for everyone, I know, but I am actually a skeptic!

My skepticism ranges from mild towards certain paranormal phenomena - such as ghosts - to strong regarding such topics as demons and 'psi powers'.

Oh, and I also do not believe Bracket exists. :P

Edited by Leonardo

The only reason why i'm replying here is because you told me not to. :tu: I'm such a rebel. B)

That is awesome :)

Please be honest, and no need to explain why you are either one.This is not about arguing, that happens enough around here with this topic.......Actually, do not even bother replying, just do the poll please :)

Un wavering believer

lol Did you not catch this part? ;)

Nice, # skeptic = # no religion; # believer = # follower

Would seem so, but saw the tally earlier, and it wasn't as it appears now.

Two ends of the same stick to me. No middle ground, anyone on the fence?

Do religion and age make such a difference here?

I voted, but it does rather depend on the paranormal subject :)

Too many strange experiences in my life to be a skeptic although for a strange reason I'm not at all a believer in religious stuff.

Edited by Paracelse

Two ends of the same stick to me. No middle ground, anyone on the fence?

Yes, I am.

I voted, but it does rather depend on the paranormal subject :)

That's what I'm thinking which is why I'm on the fence. Each case is different.

An unsolved mystery? B)

Nah, a book you and flffybunny have read...... :blush:

That's what I'm thinking which is why I'm on the fence. Each case is different.

Well, that makes two of us on the fence. Each case is indeed different. While I do tend to look a things from a more scientific perspective, I do not have a foregone conclusion that anything paranormal must be fake/hoaxed or a product of delusion or fibbing.

An open mind is like an open window, you just need a good screen to keep out the nasty bugs...you don't need to slam the window shut. Word to the wise there. :yes:

Edited by Lilly
Oops...

Well, that makes two of us on the fence. Each case is indeed different. While I do tend to look a things from a more scientific perspective, I do not have a foregone conclusion that anything paranormal must be fake/hoaxed or a product of delusion or fibbing.

An open mind is like an open window, you just need a good screen to keep out the nasty bugs...you don't need to slam the window shut. Word to the wise there. :yes:

" More Believer "

" More Skeptic "

Did not know that was this complicated to some.....I tried to leave some wiggle room.....I do not think there is one skeptic here that is " close minded " to everything no matter what, so of course, everyone is " on the fence " when any one certain topic is discussed.

Not sure what is so hard about deciding if you are more or less a skeptic, or more or less a believer........

Here :

1. Demon Possesion

2. Poltergeist video ( poltergeist activity )

3. Vampires

4. werewolves

5. Loch Ness Monster

6. Demon Exorcist

7. Ouija Board

8. Psychic ( hell, throw in Sylvia Brown, make it interesting )

9.Giant Hyrax

10. Hollow Earth

11. Face on Mars

12. Reptilians

13. Alien Autopsy

14. Alien Abduction

15. Alien flying machines

16. orbs are spirits

17. ghost hunter TV shows are honest and real.

18. finding bigfoot tv show is honest and real.

19. ghosts exist

20. bigfoot exists

Use those just for a example.........Now, are you " more a skeptic ", or " more a believer " ?

I guess if you can't answer that, than don't do the pol :)

Feels a little silly now with that list there.

It is just examples....I know, that is why I did not really want to discuss any of it :)

That's what I'm thinking which is why I'm on the fence.

Well, that makes two of us on the fence.

No disrespect meant to either of you, SW and Lilly, and maybe I have misunderstood what you are implying - but my understanding is that "being on the fence" is being skeptical?

Edited by Leonardo

...and maybe I have misunderstood what you are implying - but my understanding is that "being on the fence" is being skeptical?

If one is not a believer then they are a skeptic?