Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Too many Santas in stores "confuse children"

Still Waters

Parents of young children can guarantee that several versions of Father Christmas will be doling out presents and sprinkling a bit of festive magic in the shops.

However, the popularity of the role is alleged to have backfired, with parents complaining that there are so many Santas it is confusing their children.

Debenhams, the department store chain, has this year signalled the end of an era by announcing that there will be no grottos or Santas in its shops for the first time in several years.

http://www.telegraph...ore-claims.html :santa:

Becky asked me a couple of years ago ( when she was 5 years old ) .. "Why so many Santas at the mall ?" I said - They are just santas helpers.. She bought it and never cared to ask again

• Like 1

In case it upsets some minority group or other?

Ok, let me get this whole Santa thing straight.....does he exist or doesn't he? prenoel.gif

Don't break my heart :passifier:

I just watched the movie "Rise of the Guardians" ... Hollywood would not lie to us so HE IS REAL - and swings a mean sword....

:santa:

I just watched the movie "Rise of the Guardians" ... Hollywood would not lie to us so HE IS REAL - and swings a mean sword....

:santa:

Yay! I can rest easy tonight, even if he is a sword wielding weirdo. I wonder what Santa will get me this year? I've been a very good girl :-*

Becky asked me a couple of years ago ( when she was 5 years old ) .. "Why so many Santas at the mall ?" I said - They are just santas helpers.. She bought it and never cared to ask again

That's what I did, too. I guess some parents don't want to take the time to reassure their children.

Same thing my mom told me. :)

What irks me more is that 'Christmas Creep' gets earlier every year...

Every year it creeps closer and closer to mid July!... This year even before Halloween I heard Christmas Carols on the speakers at a store!... (maybe because there aren't many Halloween Carols?)....

Same thing my mom told me. :)

I was told the same thing when I was young...it worked for me.

Years later I told my young children the same and it worked for them.