Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Welfare pays better then min. in most states

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

ODOT over saw the work, as it was a State Highway bridge job. We did not work for ODOT
Im glad you got that job. Oregon has beautiful bridges. Thats the one on the coast right ? You mean they only finished half of it ? Last time I went by they were just past the roadway shoulder.

The guy that designed the bridges along the coast has a decent reputation. Its worth the effort to keep them up as they are so beautiful.

This pic brings back memories of the coast.

http://www.coos-bay....esoforegon.html

#47    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

IF ODOT has people doing those jobs as well, their pay would be used to figure prevailing wage as well.   This includes PERS and the whole package.  If they go to a prevailing wage job they would get paid their normal rate because PERS and their regular package would all count against the 41-47$ total.  Another thing- if ODOT is the largest and most steady employer from those jobs it is quite possible that they are setting the average prevailing wage rate themselves.
  The reason I learned all of this is because I went to a prevailing wage job myself and was wondering why I didn't get 45$ an hour but Joe off the street did.

#48    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,909 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 09 March 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

The flaw lies deeper than both ideologies.

Br Cornelius

so where does it lay????

RESIDENT TROLL.

#49    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 March 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Im glad you got that job. Oregon has beautiful bridges. Thats the one on the coast right ? You mean they only finished half of it ? Last time I went by they were just past the roadway shoulder.

The guy that designed the bridges along the coast has a decent reputation. Its worth the effort to keep them up as they are so beautiful.

This pic brings back memories of the coast.

http://www.coos-bay....esoforegon.html

Long story short. My parents have lived on the coast for 34 years. ( retired here ) I lived in Sparks,Nevada, we had lost our jobs with little notice ( recession ) and were going to lose our home. I took that job in hopes of saving our home. It was a 2 year job, and the plan failed. The pay was good, the job was the worst I had ever had in my life. ( I am 47, worked full time since 17 ). If it were run by decent people, it would have been a god job.
We are still here, although it has been and still is a ruff ride.

The coast is nice, I have all ways loved the Salmon fishing. I miss my grand kids, and my son, and the home we thought we would live our lives out in. We are just in survival mode really.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#50    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I lived in Sparks,Nevada,

Funny we migrate almost the same trail. I was down in Panther Valley, Reno..and Reno proper for a few years. I still have family living there and am needing to make another High Desert excursion soon. I miss Hot August Nights.

Yerp survival mode here myself.

#51    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Funny we migrate almost the same trail. I was down in Panther Valley, Reno..and Reno proper for a few years. I still have family living there and am needing to make another High Desert excursion soon. I miss Hot August Nights.

Yerp survival mode here myself.

Hot August Nights was a blast, me and the wife mention missing that also.....The rib cook off as well.

Small world we live in.....

I am now looking at Arizona......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#52    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

The amount of welfare payments given to single parents raising children is "high" because it costs alot to raise a child, and the more children the single parent has, the higher the amount of welfare should be to cover the cost of child-rearing without an earning job. I read somewhere the average cost of raising a child in 18 years has risen and the total rounds atover $2 million! That's alot of money, but divide the number of years the average annual costs sums up at over $111,111. Parents do their hardest to cut down the costs of raising children by financial thrift and sacrifice to be able to afford the mortgage and utility bills.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users