Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#46    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,475 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 15 February 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

My gut tells me that this big of an event happens, on average, about once a century.  It's normal.

The fact that the last two major ones were in Russia.....does NOT seem normal.  105 years between Tunguska and this one.

In fairness,  this is simply 'nowhere'  near the scale of Tunguska, which was almost a nuclear blast in effect. There also must be simply hundreds yearly that just head into the sea, seeing as Earth is 3/4 water surface.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#47    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

If you go to weather.com there are some really good pictures of the damage from this event. they(the pics) are on the home page.

Edited by ancient astronaut, 15 February 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#48    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,703 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

So I ask the same question again....did the professional sky watchers see this coming?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#49    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

View Postseeder, on 15 February 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

In fairness,  this is simply 'nowhere'  near the scale of Tunguska, which was almost a nuclear blast in effect. There also must be simply hundreds yearly that just head into the sea, seeing as Earth is 3/4 water surface.

Okay...let me word this another way.

The last two that have caused damage/injuries have both been in Russia.  And I don't care how big the Tunguska one was....it didn't injure as many as have been reported for this one.

You don't find it even a little odd?  I'm certain it's just coincidental.  I'm not suggesting anything paranormal here.  But you HAVE to admit that this isn't normal.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#50    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,475 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Postancient astronaut, on 15 February 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

If you go to weather.com there are some really good pictures of the damage from this event. they(the pics) are on the home page.

sometimes its so simple to post your links

http://www.weather.c...-earth-20130215

:yes:

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#51    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,475 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 February 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

So I ask the same question again....did the professional sky watchers see this coming?

I expect a lot of them  were setting up their scopes in the opposite direction for the 'other' asteroid fly-by.

Ha typical isn't it...we look over 'there' and one kicks us right up the jacksie from behind us!   Id like to think the Russians had some sort of pre-warning but... will leave that to others to answer

#52    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,606 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Does everyone in Russia have a video camera in their car?

It sure seems that way.

#53    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 7,475 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 15 February 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Okay...let me word this another way.

The last two that have caused damage/injuries have both been in Russia.  And I don't care how big the Tunguska one was....it didn't injure as many as have been reported for this one.

You don't find it even a little odd?  I'm certain it's just coincidental.  I'm not suggesting anything paranormal here.  But you HAVE to admit that this isn't normal.

well... I'm not disagreeing, but we must also remember the earth 'revolves'... so a few hours earlier and it would have possibly struck elsewhere. But thats the great thing about space/universe... always something odd to discuss !!

#54    Soccergirl13

Soccergirl13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Just my 2 cents but do you know how big russia is? Covering two continents its more likely to hit russia than other countries twice imo.
I am just thankful it happened somewhere not as much populated. That disaster would be fat worse

#55    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,703 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostRafterman, on 15 February 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

It sure seems that way.

haha, have you seen the car crashes in Russia on the roads on youtube? they all seem to have a camera on the dashboard hoping  for a quick 250quid from You`ve been framed.........but seriously the truth is lorries have to have them incase of an accident.

Edited by freetoroam, 15 February 2013 - 03:04 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#56    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,703 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostSoccergirl13, on 15 February 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Just my 2 cents but do you know how big russia is? Covering two continents its more likely to hit russia than other countries twice imo.
I am just thankful it happened somewhere not as much populated. That disaster would be fat worse
I do not think it landed there because it had more space to crash, but I see what you are saying. but it could happen anywhere, thats the scary bit, it just happened to be Russia this time, only cos it was in its way.
the scary thing is, is it could happen anywhere.

#57    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Postseeder, on 15 February 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

well... I'm not disagreeing, but we must also remember the earth 'revolves'... so a few hours earlier and it would have possibly struck elsewhere. But thats the great thing about space/universe... always something odd to discuss !!

I give up.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#58    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Now we see the real thing, it is interesting now correct film makers have been in their fictional depictions. And Russia is so very big that obviously there is much more probability of such an event happening than anywhere else. Anything coming in from celestial North, as this one did, will have Russia stretching around much northern hemisphere as a target.

Professor T, excellent thread you started!

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 15 February 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#59    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,546 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostRafterman, on 15 February 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

It sure seems that way.
That's what I was thinking.There should be a reason for this.

#60    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,703 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 15 February 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

That's what I was thinking.There should be a reason for this.
I have already given it.
Lorries have to have them.
Its an insurance thing, maybe in Russia the cars have them too because there are so many people trying to fiddle the insurance claims...thats why the lorries have to have them now, to stop the fiddles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users