Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Professors Gather in Tehran

Socio

American Professors Gather in Tehran for Occupy Wall Street Conference

Video at link above.

An alarming news report from Iran's Press TV, a propaganda arm of the Iranian government, showing American professors gathering in Tehran to discuss the Occupy Wall Street Movement:

The professors interviewed on Press TV include Alex Vitale of Brooklyn College, Heather Gautney of Fordham University, and John Hammond of City University of New York.

Would this not be US citizens aligning with enemies of the State to plot against the US while on the foreign soil of said enemy thus be a act of treason?

This just in, a group of US college professors attempting to start an occupy movement in Tehran were arrested, raped, tortured, and executed all while complaining about the strong-armed tactics of the NYPD and Oakland Police Departments.

Would this not be US citizens aligning with enemies of the State to plot against the US while on the foreign soil of said enemy thus be a act of treason?

The environment is clearly an academic setting. They are not sitting down with the government talking about how Iran could exploit the OWS movement to harm America.

Whose enemy is Iran? Not mine, not yours, as you said they are the enemy of the "state." Iraq was an enemy of the "state" too and look what that accomplished, nothing! I am glad that there is some solidarity being shown between the citizens of each of our countries. It is hard to spread hate and fear of another country when you are interacting with people who live there.

The environment is clearly an academic setting. They are not sitting down with the government talking about how Iran could exploit the OWS movement to harm America.

Whose enemy is Iran? Not mine, not yours, as you said they are the enemy of the "state." Iraq was an enemy of the "state" too and look what that accomplished, nothing! I am glad that there is some solidarity being shown between the citizens of each of our countries. It is hard to spread hate and fear of another country when you are interacting with people who live there.

i would like to see the comments if the title was vice-versa. Baturally those who feel attacked will stick to their guns. No matter what side on the fence they are on.

i would like to see the comments if the title was vice-versa. Baturally those who feel attacked will stick to their guns. No matter what side on the fence they are on.

I imagine it would be much the same as it is now.

This just in, a group of US college professors attempting to start an occupy movement in Tehran were arrested, raped, tortured, and executed all while complaining about the strong-armed tactics of the NYPD and Oakland Police Departments.

:lol:

The government of Iran has been responsible for killing Americans since about 1983. I'd say that is evidence enough of their intentions toward the US. There will be war between us at some point because the radicals who run Iran country will not stop with the covert aggression. Eventually they will fail to cover their tracks sufficiently or they will simply kill too egregiously and then the hammer will fall.

Does not the government of Iran have full control over all Academia in Iran thus sitting down with anyone representing any institution of learning in Iran would be sitting with a agent of the Iranian government?

Edited by Socio

Does not the government of Iran have full control over all Academia in Iran thus sitting down with anyone representing any institution of learning in Iran would be sitting with a agent of the Iranian government?

You've been brainwashed by fauxnews . The answer is no. My link

You've been brainwashed by fauxnews . The answer is no. My link

Yes, Dude, and Iran welcomes protesters with loving arms as well. I here they have no problem with homosexuals either. I'm sure the lefties feel very much at home in Tehran. They'd probably like to use the same techniques on their opponents from the Right if they could. It's ironic that a group like OWS would go and sit with a regime that literally would KILL them in the streets if they tried such protests in Iran... :P

Yes, Dude, and Iran welcomes protesters with loving arms as well. I here they have no problem with homosexuals either. I'm sure the lefties feel very much at home in Tehran. They'd probably like to use the same techniques on their opponents from the Right if they could. It's ironic that a group like OWS would go and sit with a regime that literally would KILL them in the streets if they tried such protests in Iran... :P

Reading comprehension? They did not sit with the regime. That's my point. It's not ironic, it's probably prescriptive planning for future protests in Iran. And yes, I know that the government of Iran doesn't welcome protestors. But then neither does the US government. Did you see the pepper spray, mass arrests, and deprivations fosted here on OWS? Homosexuals? have you noticed the right wing freak outs over gay marriage? That was Santorum's main claim to fame. Republicans would fit in well in Iran.

The government of Iran has been responsible for killing Americans since about 1983. I'd say that is evidence enough of their intentions toward the US. There will be war between us at some point because the radicals who run Iran country will not stop with the covert aggression. Eventually they will fail to cover their tracks sufficiently or they will simply kill too egregiously and then the hammer will fall.

Why don't you look into when America starting ******* with Iran. Here's a nice starting point.

Reading comprehension? They did not sit with the regime. That's my point. It's not ironic, it's probably prescriptive planning for future protests in Iran. And yes, I know that the government of Iran doesn't welcome protestors. But then neither does the US government. Did you see the pepper spray, mass arrests, and deprivations fosted here on OWS? Homosexuals? have you noticed the right wing freak outs over gay marriage? That was Santorum's main claim to fame. Republicans would fit in well in Iran.

Did you notice the video of the DEAD in the streets or take note of the hundreds imprisoned? Do you really want to compare the deeds of a lunatic, despotic regime with the republican party? OWS was nothing more than a cobbled together street party that couldn't even agree on a specific list of grievances. Their main tactic was to block business and create problems for people trying to work for a living. I agree with their right to protest but not to harm working people in the process. How dare you compare people risking their LIVES for a little freedom with a bunch of homeless and a few students blocking traffic while being paid by people like Soros and glorified by the shills in the MSM. I think you have finally lost that tenuous contact you had with reality Dude...loosen the mask, green avenger....

• Like 1

Why don't you look into when America starting ******* with Iran. Here's a nice starting point.

Wow, another supporter of the Mullahs...I'm shocked. Thanks for the history lesson but friend it's the very children and grandchildren of the poor Iranians who were so grievously used that are protesting in the streets,when they can, to change the current bloody regime. You are comparing a time when such behavior was common among world powers to today and it doesn't compare well..... so? It's history and proving your people have good memories doesn't do much to improve their lot in life. It wouldn't be possible for me to care less which government the people of Iran choose, that's their business. But the IRGC likes to kill Americans and will pay a cumulative price for it one day I think, just as Iraqis did. If the mullahs get delusions of grandeur after they get spanked by tiny Israel then the USAF will leave the surviving IRGC members sleeping outdoors and not eating very well. The mullahs are more afraid of the Iranians than they are of Israel or the US, and they SHOULD be :whistle:

Wow, another supporter of the Mullahs...I'm shocked. Thanks for the history lesson but friend it's the very children and grandchildren of the poor Iranians who were so grievously used that are protesting in the streets,when they can, to change the current bloody regime. You are comparing a time when such behavior was common among world powers to today and it doesn't compare well..... so? It's history and proving your people have good memories doesn't do much to improve their lot in life. It wouldn't be possible for me to care less which government the people of Iran choose, that's their business. But the IRGC likes to kill Americans and will pay a cumulative price for it one day I think, just as Iraqis did. If the mullahs get delusions of grandeur after they get spanked by tiny Israel then the USAF will leave the surviving IRGC members sleeping outdoors and not eating very well. The mullahs are more afraid of the Iranians than they are of Israel or the US, and they SHOULD be :whistle:

I don't support the Mullahs. What I support is the idea that we should mind our own business in the world. What do you think these regimes use for justification when they do things that you don't approve of? Is it our freedom or is it the fact that we use drones to kill innocent people. Is it because we are not Islamic or is it because the sanctions we put on the country hurt the people of that country, not the government. Listen, I was in Iraq, I know what the Iranians were doing and I was not mad at them for it. I was mad at my government for using me and all my fellow soldiers on a war for profit. The leaders in Iran might be a lot of things but they are not stupid. They know that once we got into the region we were not leaving. Russia knows that military action against Iran is coming soon, they predict this summer. Can you blame Iran for wanting to take a toll on the United States knowing what is going to happen to them? I don't. I blame my governments foreign policy of abusing foreign countries for their financial gain.

Did you notice the video of the DEAD in the streets or take note of the hundreds imprisoned?

a difference in intensity not intent.

Do you really want to compare the deeds of a lunatic, despotic regime with the republican party?

there is no difference

OWS was nothing more than a cobbled together street party that couldn't even agree on a specific list of grievances.

a list of grievances was not their intent - by design. Maybe you missed that.

Their main tactic was to block business and create problems for people trying to work for a living.

Right because camping in parks blocks business. :whistle: And a majority of protestors were working for a living.

How dare you compare people risking their LIVES for a little freedom with a bunch of homeless and a few students blocking traffic while being paid by people //

Whose risking their lives? what people are you talking about? Republicans are risking their lives? That's funny. OWS was NOT a bunch of homeless students who blocked traffic. You are seriously misinformed.

I don't support the Mullahs. What I support is the idea that we should mind our own business in the world. What do you think these regimes use for justification when they do things that you don't approve of? Is it our freedom or is it the fact that we use drones to kill innocent people. Is it because we are not Islamic or is it because the sanctions we put on the country hurt the people of that country, not the government. Listen, I was in Iraq, I know what the Iranians were doing and I was not mad at them for it. I was mad at my government for using me and all my fellow soldiers on a war for profit. The leaders in Iran might be a lot of things but they are not stupid. They know that once we got into the region we were not leaving. Russia knows that military action against Iran is coming soon, they predict this summer. Can you blame Iran for wanting to take a toll on the United States knowing what is going to happen to them? I don't. I blame my governments foreign policy of abusing foreign countries for their financial gain.

And in my opinion we were minding our own business on 9/10/01. But the true adherents of Muhammad's flavor of Islam decided that we needed sorting. The world is what it is and those who attack my country deserve to be slaughtered in my opinion. I don't agree with the lunacy that WAS Iraq but Iran having the ability to quickly assemble a nuke will be generally bad for business globally and if the only way to stop that is to pound the country into rubble every 6 months or so then I'm OK with that. THEY ARE EVIL. What their leaders do is EVIL. EVIL is a reality in this world that needs to be named and fought. And I think G.Bush was right - you're either with us or against us.

Like bombing Sudan and Afghanistan? Like bombing Iraq and creating sanctions against the Iraqi people for the actions of their non-representative government? Like sending billions to Israel? Supporting the regime in Egypt? We did none of these things? Why don't you watch this video; it is Ron Paul talking about our foreign policy in 1998. The conclusion of the video is most interesting, it is an interview with Bin Laden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF4ft1g7rvo

If you choose to live in your bubble where America did/does no wrong, there is nothing I can do to help you, but there is a heck of a lot you are doing to hurt us and others by thinking that way.

Edited by Hero of War

What our government does in the name of you and me is what I find evil.

What our government does in the name of you and me is what I find evil.

Then perhaps you should consider emigration?

Is that your polite way of saying "If you don't love America than feel free to leave."? I would rather help to change what we are doing, leaving does not solve anything. Why is it so incomprehensible to you that bad things are being done by the government of your country? BTW, do you still feel like we were twiddling our thumbs on 9/10/11.