Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Big Bang

LadyEliza

At one point, every bit of matter in the whole universe was smaller than an atom.

An Atom!!

That's crazy! I believe it, but it's completely "out of this world!" :P

Inconcievable!

Amazing!

Beautiful.

And it's how everyone is alive or ever has been or ever will be. Any theories on what made the big go bang in the first place?

Please talk this idea is just so. . . big *pun*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• SolarPlexus

• Drj312

• LadyEliza

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI: I put it in this board on purpose. Astrophysicists really don't know what happened before the big bang, I'm looking for some outlandish theories that are also very plausible.

thanks!

FYI: I put it in this board on purpose. Astrophysicists really don't know what happened before the big bang, I'm looking for some outlandish theories that are also very plausible.

thanks!

There is no such thing as "before" the big bang, its like saying "north of the north pole".

The universe was a singularity - an infinitely dense point of finite size. It expanded and cooled, and this is still happening today. It is entirely possible that this expansion is taking place inside another universe, and that we have expansions of other universes branches off ours.

Its something we may never know, but the mechanics of the big bang - at least down to the first few micro-seconds - aren't too much of a mystery.

There is no such thing as "before" the big bang, its like saying "north of the north pole".

The universe was a singularity - an infinitely dense point of finite size. It expanded and cooled, and this is still happening today. It is entirely possible that this expansion is taking place inside another universe, and that we have expansions of other universes branches off ours.

Its something we may never know, but the mechanics of the big bang - at least down to the first few micro-seconds - aren't too much of a mystery.

Then there are the new developments with Dark Matter and Dark Energy as well. One should not forget that knowledge and understanding of the universe and the laws that govern it, are in constant flux, never static, always dynamic, changing.

The current theory for the Big Bang, incorporates the Dark Matter / Energy in its equation. It's called the Lambda-CDM (which is an abbreviation for Lambda-Cold Dark Matter). The entire explanation can be indeed found here. To put it simply, it is the simplest model that is in general agreement with observed phenomena.

• 2 weeks later...

At one point, every bit of matter in the whole universe was smaller than an atom.

An Atom!!

Inconcievable!

Amazing!

Beautiful.

And it's how everyone is alive or ever has been or ever will be. Any theories on what made the big go bang in the first place?

The big bang theories, for now, is the best theory to explain all about universe and its creature like planet,commet,asteroid.

Furthermore the Big Bang Theory itself can be said to be cyclical.. Meaning that 'before' the Big Bang there was probably a previous expansion, then contraction - singularity, burst, etc. We're in a constant cycle.

An Atom!!

Inconcievable!

Amazing!

Beautiful.

I think there was a "soul-bang" to correspond with the physical "big-bang"

the collective consciousness split into countless parts.... in other words - when the universe was created "God" split into humans, animals and plants etc.... we are all like drops in the ocean :)

the scientists of today can never understand this without understanding it spiritually. They are trying to figure out the meaning of life at CERN (Higgs boson, the god-particle), but they need to look into mysticism as well.

mysticism doenst need science, and science doesnt need mysticism.... but humankind needs both :)

the collective consciousness split into countless parts.... in other words - when the universe was created "God" split into humans, animals and plants etc.... we are all like drops in the ocean :)

the scientists of today can never understand this without understanding it spiritually. They are trying to figure out the meaning of life at CERN (Higgs boson, the god-particle), but they need to look into mysticism as well.

mysticism doenst need science, and science doesnt need mysticism.... but humankind needs both :)

If you look to the singularity wouldn't you see that everything is still arising from "One" thing? Wouldn't that technically encompass your "Soul Bang" theory as well?

No we dont. At all.

How are scientists looking into spirituality with the god particle? You mean the hadron collider?

No we dont. At all.

How are scientists looking into spirituality with the god particle? You mean the hadron collider?

He means that science and spirituality are both trying to find the most basic form of existence using two very different methods.

He means that science and spirituality are both trying to find the most basic form of existence using two very different methods.

And what is spirituality doing for it?

And what is spirituality doing for it?

Spirituality gives wisdom, answers, inner-peace and understanding, on a personal level.

Science does the same, like Louis Pasteur said, but its a little different now in contemporary times...

Spirituality is personal, science is consensual

If you look to the singularity wouldn't you see that everything is still arising from "One" thing? Wouldn't that technically encompass your "Soul Bang" theory as well?

yeah... =)

An Atom!!

Inconcievable!

Amazing!

Beautiful.

Bearing in mind we cant peer into blackholes to test this it may well be false.

Spirituality is personal, science is consensual

Hmm let me correct this....

Spirituality remains personal, Science became consensual

I was wondering if instead of a cycle of contraction and expansion if the catalyst for the Big Bang was a string theory type thing. All of the matter from a supper massive black hole funnelled into another new baby Universe?

This is of course almost impossible to prove either way, unless the Universe starts contracting maybe.

I was wondering if instead of a cycle of contraction and expansion if the catalyst for the Big Bang was a string theory type thing.

String theory is a totally different thing, an attempt at the unified field theory. What does it have to do with the "Big Bang" specifically?

Science now says that you cannot have the big bang theory as to have had a big bang you needed nothing, and science now says that nothing exists.

Science now says that you cannot have the big bang theory as to have had a big bang you needed nothing, and science now says that nothing exists.

Eh? Which "science"?

The great beauty about infinity is that even if there was nothing there would always be something. Somewhere.

As for the big bang? Ours was likely just one of trillions. Remember time, also like space, has no beginning or end. Try to wrap you brain around that for awhile.

After some heavy contemplation on infinity some years ago i lost all my religions.

It was all a dream

Yes :)

awhile back.. i woke up thinking about space/time expansion. :wacko: i was thinking that our experience of time passing... is really what the expansion of space feels like ... If space is expanding, and scientists seem sure that it is,.. then, all space , everywhere is expanding.. even the space between our atoms ... ALL space. Gravity maintains the proportions of our physical bodies in just the same way it maintains the proportions of our solar system?

If space is expanding time is expanding too? Space/Time?

Some scientists now believe dark energy to be the force behind the expansion of space?

so... dark energy is an expansive/repulsive force and Gravity is a contractive/attractive force?

Sounds sort of magnetic.

correction: atoms and molecules are held together by more than gravity alone?

All four known forces are involved? (and other bonding forces) My point/question is that ALL space must be expanding .. even the space between atoms??

correction: atoms and molecules are held together by more than gravity alone?

All four known forces are involved? (and other bonding forces) My point/question is that ALL space must be expanding .. even the space between atoms??

You are 100% correct!

The four forces, weak, strong, gravity, electro-magnetism. There are still forces left that have not been resolved (including Gravity), they are still very much part of multiple theories at this point.

Right now, these forces keep us "glued" together. Although, in the very far future (billions, in not trillions of years), we will be torn apart at the quantum level. We have yet to discover anything other then what the universe is currently doing. We realise that dark energy and dark matter play an all important role in keeping things together and the seperation of such, in the long run.

I find it so fascinating that Gravity is the least understood force. It was the first force discovered and the last to be even slightly understood. Until we discover the existence of gravitons, we may never know. It is thought that gravitons are an unseen force, almost taking place in a dimension that we can not experience. We can't see the air in front of our faces, it doesn't mean that it is not there. I also appreaciate how our space programs use the force of gravity to travel to distant planets, etc.

An other important issue is the fact that Einstein stated that nothing can travel faster then the speed of light. Well, if you have a universe that is constantly picking up speed and expanding, then without the "big-crunch" we would simply be torn to shreds. Eventually, things would be expanding faster then the speed of light. That seriously screws with all of our known models.

If you want me to break down the quantum effects of the forces, I'd be glad to. :)

Edited by Mentalcase