Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why?

ValkyrieVoice

Why MUST we have the end of times? I mean, it scares me. And there are so many who are so convinced that it's going to happen in our lifetime. Sure, the Bible prophesies it and the Mayan calandar reveals things about it, but, why? Is anyone else afraid of this?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ValkyrieVoice

• lightly

• JGirl

• illuminated

I really wouldnt worry about it Val, way too many doomsayers on the interwebz and sites like this,

not sure why but some folk seem to relish the idea of the end ????

i treat all those sort of folk with equal contempt, and would advise you to also. B)B)B)

Some global events like massive demonstrations or civil wars *might* happen in 2012 (because everyone is so hyped), but it's absolutely arrogant and self-centered to assume that the world will end during our ridiculously short lifetimes. Don't worry about it buddy :)

Some global events like massive demonstrations or civil wars *might* happen in 2012 (because everyone is so hyped), but it's absolutely arrogant and self-centered to assume that the world will end during our ridiculously short lifetimes. Don't worry about it buddy :)

Excellent point. It is rather self-centered to think that our short lives will see the end of the earth :P

Valk, here's something that shows you how people have been yammering about the end of days since recorded history :w00t:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

I think you guys all rock. Thank you. I do feel better now, knowing I'm not the only one who's tired of hearing it. It's almost as though they're pushing it to come. Jesus said, "Be ready, for you know not the hour for which I come, only the Father in Heaven knows." So He Himself doesn't even know. I just don't like the whole apocalytical view. Iran's got nukes so we're all going to suffer. I'm so tired of being afraid.

yeah the ones saying the world is going to end just believing what one person said

just to help you know its not going to end

the mayan calendar does not say the world ends in 2012 its just the end of the aquarius cycle

and the bible does not prophesize it ending in 2012 the bible does not say when the world will end it says not even the son of god knows.

Why MUST we have the end of times? I mean, it scares me. And there are so many who are so convinced that it's going to happen in our lifetime. Sure, the Bible prophesies it and the Mayan calandar reveals things about it, but, why? Is anyone else afraid of this?

I dont put too much into the 2012 stuff, people went bonkers over Y2K as well.

Basically every generation believed that the world would end in their lifetime. There's no reason to believe it will happen now.

I think you guys all rock. Thank you. I do feel better now, knowing I'm not the only one who's tired of hearing it. It's almost as though they're pushing it to come. Jesus said, "Be ready, for you know not the hour for which I come, only the Father in Heaven knows." So He Himself doesn't even know. I just don't like the whole apocalytical view. Iran's got nukes so we're all going to suffer. I'm so tired of being afraid.

Well considering the amount of countries that have nuclear weapons, of which some have not signed the Non Proliferation Treaty, I'm not sure why it would be worse with Iran having them or not.

This is a list of countries, proven to have nuclear weapons :

United States

Russia

United Kingdom

France

China

India

Pakistan

North Korea

Israel

Iran

Under NATO nuclear weapons sharing, the United States has provided nuclear weapons for Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Turkey to deploy and store. This involves pilots and other staff of the "non-nuclear" NATO states practicing, handling, and delivering the U.S. nuclear bombs, and adapting non-U.S. warplanes to deliver U.S. nuclear bombs.

Hell, even South Africa had nukes till the early 80's. I'm not sure that Iran having them, makes so much of a difference, considering the amount of other idiots and fanatics that has them as well. We're not going to suffer more or less because of it.

Just live your life to the fullest and enjoy any minute of it. It's not worth living in fear about some nefarious prophecy. There have been doomsday sayers since the beginning of man kind, we're still here and thriving, so worry not, it's all balls anyway.

Edited by TheSearcher

Why MUST we have the end of times? I mean, it scares me.

you just answered your own question...because it's scary of course.

And there are so many who are so convinced that it's going to happen in our lifetime. Sure, the Bible prophesies it and the Mayan calandar reveals things about it, but, why? Is anyone else afraid of this?

every generation has believed it's going to happen in their lifetime, since biblical times they've been going on and on about it. the end is nigh, the end is near, the world is going to be annihilated, the sky is falling !

my opinion is that there is no end of the world. maybe the end of us, but this rock will just keep on spinning.

"the sky is falling !"

Even the chickens have got in on the act, eh JGirl?

s6631.gif

Edited by ealdwita

I equate it to the Y2K bug scare. Nothing happened. I base it all on fear mongering. There is a real economic boom from the end times. Sales in many things soar (Gold, bottled water, guns). The trick is keeping the fear alive.

Why must we have the end of times? Because all times end. Did you know, that right this second, it is the end of time for something? I mean it. But is also means that it is the beginning of times too :)

Why so many folks all flaking out all the time that the earth is gonna pop, or mankind will be obliterated sometime really soon? I guess they must know different stuff than I do, lol.

Besides.. THE END OF TIME.. vs.. SOMETHING MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE OF SIGNIFICANT IMPACT TO MANKIND, and even if it does, that may not impact you much personally...

End of time just sounds better :)

I equate it to the Y2K bug scare. Nothing happened. I base it all on fear mongering. There is a real economic boom from the end times. Sales in many things soar (Gold, bottled water, guns). The trick is keeping the fear alive.

egg zackly

Here's a list of 220 failed end of times predictions.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

That's amazing. How many times it's been predicted and it hasn't happened. But what about the world events lining up with the prophesies now?

Well considering the amount of countries that have nuclear weapons, of which some have not signed the Non Proliferation Treaty, I'm not sure why it would be worse with Iran having them or not.

This is a list of countries, proven to have nuclear weapons :

United States

Russia

United Kingdom

France

China

India

Pakistan

North Korea

Israel

Iran

Under NATO nuclear weapons sharing, the United States has provided nuclear weapons for Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Turkey to deploy and store. This involves pilots and other staff of the "non-nuclear" NATO states practicing, handling, and delivering the U.S. nuclear bombs, and adapting non-U.S. warplanes to deliver U.S. nuclear bombs.

Hell, even South Africa had nukes till the early 80's. I'm not sure that Iran having them, makes so much of a difference, considering the amount of other idiots and fanatics that has them as well. We're not going to suffer more or less because of it.

Just live your life to the fullest and enjoy any minute of it. It's not worth living in fear about some nefarious prophecy. There have been doomsday sayers since the beginning of man kind, we're still here and thriving, so worry not, it's all balls anyway.

Thanks for the info Searcher, but.. wait a minute... Iran has nuclear weapons? i don't think so... In spite of the misinformation campaign being waged on U.S. "news" media. IRANIAN NUKES flashed on the screen and so on... when aspects of Iran's perfectly legitimate pursuit of nuclear energy are distorted by news outlets.

Thanks for the info Searcher, but.. wait a minute... Iran has nuclear weapons? i don't think so... In spite of the misinformation campaign being waged on U.S. "news" media. IRANIAN NUKES flashed on the screen and so on... when aspects of Iran's perfectly legitimate pursuit of nuclear energy are distorted by news outlets.

Lightly, Iran has the capability to create dirty bombs, this falls under the category nuclear weapons, as it uses radioactive compounds and material. I know, the NATO definition is broad, very broad. They should specify it better.

They don't have what we call "nukes", in the more traditional sense, that's very true.

Nuclear arms are detterents and are mainly used as a detterant, thank ****. Pakistan and India both have warheads but would be extrememly unlikely to use them because they would be hurting themselves as much as the enemy.

Is it wrong to innovate with weaponry? I don't think so and if anything Iran should be commneded for the weapons it has developed such as the penetrator bomb. Great idea and though the US would say it is immoral, from an objective pov it is just fine by the law of ethics and code of war. Israel on the other hand uses cluster bombs and phosophorous grenades, not to mention drones that mean that a human finger does not even have to pull the trigger. That is immoral in my mind.

Lightly, Iran has the capability to create dirty bombs, this falls under the category nuclear weapons, as it uses radioactive compounds and material. I know, the NATO definition is broad, very broad. They should specify it better.

They don't have what we call "nukes", in the more traditional sense, that's very true.

ah, ok.. thanks for clearing that up. If the capability to build dirty bombs equates to possessing 'nuclear weapons.. i guess we should add many more countries to that list.

"Thirty one countries operate nuclear power stations. Among those, twenty seven have plans to build more reactors and four have no plans for expansion. Fifteen nations which do not have any nuclear power have plans to build their first reactors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_by_country

As for Iran.. don't they belong to the Arab league of nations which has their own signed accord banning themselves from the production or use of actual nuclear weapons?

As for Iran.. don't they belong to the Arab league of nations which has their own signed accord banning themselves from the production or use of actual nuclear weapons?

No, they don't. Maybe because they are Persian, and not Arabic. ^_^

No, they don't. Maybe because they are Persian, and not Arabic. ^_^

ah, ok, thanks. :blush:

Sixty years of making nuclear war heads,are thay stored,or do we dump them in the oceans with the nuclear waste or deep mines?.Or are warheads reusable.

Sixty years of making nuclear war heads,are thay stored,or do we dump them in the oceans with the nuclear waste or deep mines?.Or are warheads reusable.

there is not a long production line of nuclear bombs

there is a mass number of nuclear bombs being stored though

read these links

http://www.brookings.edu/projects/archive/nucweapons/50.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_the_United_States

most recent on this (i do not believe these number personally)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/03/AR2010050302089.html