Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SMILE.JPG

kannin

what do you guys make of the "smile.jpg" story? ive seen the pics and they are really creepy but the back story sounds a little sketchy, apprently when you see the pic it will haunt your dreams and give you seizures, but do y'all think?

I think its just a made up story simple as that, Iv also seen the pic and I'm fine

• Like 2

yeah me to, i dont believe it either just want to see peoples opinions, it sure is a mighty creepy picture though

It's a creepypasta. Chances are it's fake.

It falls into the same category as Slenderman and the Rake. Good creepy story by untrue.

• Like 1

oh snap i tried to search the keywords and nothing came up, guess i accedently revived a dead post, thank you phantasia your the best!

Sounds more like the power of suggestion to me. The picture is creepy, but haunting my dreams? Naaaaaw.

what do you guys make of the "smile.jpg" story? ive seen the pics and they are really creepy but the back story sounds a little sketchy, apprently when you see the pic it will haunt your dreams and give you seizures, but do y'all think?

I first saw it months ago and I've seen it several times since then. I'm fine.
  • Like 1

I used to get nightmares real easy, and this gave me nightmares for weeks, but right after i went on a HBP med for it (works like hypnocil) they stopped. I think if it was supposed to "haunt" me, i'd still have nightmares. So as for it giving normal people who don't have nightmares easily. I think its just a load of bullspit.

lol, first time I saw it. Pretty awful, reminds me of the Hands Resist Him painting and the Suicide GIrl Painting (which supposedly makes people become aggravated). And I'm sure there are other "shock photos" out there...

Time to do a little serious thinking about this.

Much like Bloody Mary and assorted other similar urban legends, if this were actually true, there would be millions of folks effected worldwide. I would hazard a guess that millions of people have seen the smile dog photograph on the internet - why aren't folks falling out with these seizures on a constant basis?

Sounds more like the power of suggestion to me. The picture is creepy, but haunting my dreams? Naaaaaw.

I'm with you but if I saw it for real it might be a different story LOL

I read this and thought ''ha, what harm could looking at this do''. I had heard all the storys of haunting

nightmares etc etc and i thought to myself, what a crock, i won't get nightmares or anything, it's just

a stupid photoshop.

Well, what can i say... I opened the file and looked at it, I almost wet myself.

I laughed so hard i almost fell off of my chair and not a single nightmare, ...nada...zip!

But then again, maybe i'm not weak enough in my mentallity to fall victim to this crock 'o babba :)

Still gives me recurring chuckles of laughter when i think about it....

I read this and thought ''ha, what harm could looking at this do''. I had heard all the storys of haunting

nightmares etc etc and i thought to myself, what a crock, i won't get nightmares or anything, it's just

a stupid photoshop.

Well, what can i say... I opened the file and looked at it, I almost wet myself.

I laughed so hard i almost fell off of my chair and not a single nightmare, ...nada...zip!

But then again, maybe i'm not weak enough in my mentallity to fall victim to this crock 'o babba :)

i can understand if people were a little weaker, some people do get nightmares off of cheap horror flicks, so i can get how some might have gotten a few off that pic, its the the original in my mind the original is a little creepier, but one person looks at the pic gets a nightmare spreads the word and bam pic is viralStill gives me recurring chuckles of laughter when i think about it....

a stupid photoshop.

Still gives me recurring chuckles of laughter when i think about it....

I got nightmares off of it. I used to get nightmares real easily. Just because you don't doesn't mean someone else don't.

I got nightmares off of it. I used to get nightmares real easily. Just because you don't doesn't mean someone else don't.

jen for the win! BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE!

At no point in my post did i mention this would not have an effect on anyone else.

guys....it's about 40°C in my office....i put the picture as a desktop background earlier, in hope i would get seizures'n'stuff and be able to go home earlier....but guess what happened:

Exactly! :td:

• Like 1

''Just because you don't doesn't mean someone else don't'' lolol :clap:

guys....it's about 40°C in my office....i put the picture as a desktop background earlier, in hope i would get seizures'n'stuff and be able to go home earlier....but guess what happened:

Exactly! :td:

Well that sucks! Any reaction at all?

At no point in my post did i mention this would not have an effect on anyone else.

No but you did say "weak in mentality"