Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is it Evidence, or Lies?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Yes or No (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Has the question of 'Paranormal' been proven to you or is all the evidence faked by liars?

1. Yes. the paranormal state has been proven to my satisfaction. (17 votes [60.71%])

Percentage of vote: 60.71%

2. No, all evidence is faked and/or the presenters are liars (11 votes [39.29%])

Percentage of vote: 39.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Destination Truth, Ghost Hunters, Haunted Highway, etc. etc. They all usually offer some level of "evidence" to the Paranormal question. EVP's, perhaps even a video of something truly un-explainable. Sometimes strong enough to even cause hardcore skeptics to have pause.

But is it real? Can we say the body of evidence has grown large enough to "prove" anything yet? Or is none of the evidence valid?

never say never, because anything is possible

Please note: I am not Anti-Government. I hold no affiliation with Conspiracy Theorists.
My opinions are my own based on my experiences only. While I do wonder why they continue

to hold positions they do, I also think they believe they are doing the right thing.

#2    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,675 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

The question is too 'black and white' for me, I'm afraid.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#3    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

People can hold a belief in the paranormal without feeling such instances have been concretely proven.

People can also feel there is nothing of substance proving the paranormal is true, and use that as a reason to not believe in such things, without also feeling those who do believe - due to personal experiences or otherwise - are liars and / or knowingly produce faked "evidence."

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postbones101proof, on 27 August 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

It doesn't matter to me what the TV shows present as evidence. I do watch them for entertainment purposes only, but not to figure out if they're faking anything. But one thing I have noticed about these shows is that they never actually say that anything is real or not to the audiences. They just say they are unexplained.

In my experience:
I've heard GH tell people straight up "Yes, you have activity" Tthey confirm entities and hauntings to their clients and whether the entities are friendly or harmful.
GA Says at the beginning of every episode "He wasn't a believer until he saw a ghost for himself" again paraphrasing.
And FB confirms bigfoot activity "Yes, you saw or have bigfoot activity"
That is why  I think shows like this disclaim with "for entertainment purposes only"

Edited by QuiteContrary, 27 August 2012 - 09:40 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#5    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Whats wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Iv always wondered this about that show but then I mean its kind of  like that other show celebrity ghost stories, Iv come to the conclusion that most of the time these people are experiencing what they describe. I mean I guess they could all be lying but there pretty convincing so I take it as them telling the truth

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

I think some of the people on the shows about the paranormal aren't telling the truth but I think the majority of them are.  I saw a ghost a couple of years ago and until then it was harder to believe in the paranormal.  Now I take it as another fact in life.

#7    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postealdwita, on 27 August 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

So you're undecided whether or not presented evedence is faked or not?

Please note: I am not Anti-Government. I hold no affiliation with Conspiracy Theorists.
My opinions are my own based on my experiences only. While I do wonder why they continue

to hold positions they do, I also think they believe they are doing the right thing.

#8    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

It is simply way too easy and too tempting to fake evidence on a TV show. The crew controls the location, the set up and the POV of the viewer by way of the camera. Therefore there is no way I will ever believe anything on these shows beyond a "Well, that was intriguing" level. None of it is actual proof in other words.

#9    jenny101024

jenny101024

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

I believe in ghosts and I am a huge Ghost Adventures fan, but I don't know if they're always telling the truth. I would have to be niave to believe everything on TV, but the show is very entertaining.

#10    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

bones101

I do watch them for entertainment purposes only
quitecontrary

That is why  I think shows like this disclaim with "for entertainment purposes only"
jenny101024

...the show is very entertaining.

i'd allow one step further; edu-tainment.

did someone say EVP?
i recall some norweigan bird-watcher in the 1950's who happened to record a voice, i think he's even credited with the discovery? can't remember the name offhand...? ...swedenbourg? i think jack kerouac and william s. burroughs also did some work here. i'm unsure if these guys tried to sell their discoveries or just do it for the sake of adding to the human storehouse of knowledge. most of the information i came across was free. which i think is how it should be.

'stuff' happens... but i think it's stupid to try and 'sell it' ..it makes the whole scene like a tourist trap. it discredits real research. that's why it's packaged off as just for fun. if we started taking this stuff seriously, cripes, who knows where it'd end up? people living with a purpose, people detaching from the materialistic control matrix, looking for more out of life... no.. we can't have any of that.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#11    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

While I hold paranormal belief, I lost faith in these shows when one of the men on Ghost Hunters was walking around with that electro-reader thing-a-majig all the ghost busting folks have these days, and held it up to a lightbulb and declared: "THERE'S A SPIKE HERE!"

Posted Image

#12    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

I believe all paranormal shows arent the shining example of honesty.

There is plenty of obvious scripting going around, and there is always a cliffhanger before the commercial breaks, and then the "big reveal" after the commercial breaks.

For all we know, if these people ran into a real demon, they'd in their cars so fast and flying down the highways. And the show would be either instantly cancelled ... or they would be seeking new hosts.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#13    ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Xenomorph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

• They're coming out of the damn walls!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Well, I myself have believed in the paranormal before my expierience. But I think that Ghost Adventures, Haunted Highway, etc. do show evidence of these things. But also it depends on someones point of view. Maybe a skeptic may watch these shows and be like "yeah, right its all fake" but, maybe the skeptic says that because he/she hasn't seen a ghost in their life. And up until they have a face to face encounter (like Zak Bagans) they finally believe that it is all true.

#14    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postealdwita, on 27 August 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

This exactly.
I don't think that all the "evidence" is faked or presented by liars. I do think that there is a lot of "finding what you seek". If you look for ghosts you will find them, if you look for a natural explanation you will find that also.

#15    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

BTW, it's an anonymous poll so everyone can vote without fear of being attacked.

These shows do have an entertainment value but that isn't what this poll is about. Accounts of Personal Experiences by investigators or eye witnesses do not count, the final tally of the evidence is what matters here.

While I don't believe everything I see/hear, I have seen and heard things, [evidence] which forced me to make a choice of whether I believed what I saw/heard was faked or truly paranormal. A person either believes in some or all presented evidence or they don't. That is why I made the poll a yes or no choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users