Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Woman claims she smelled God during NDE

crystal mcvea smelled god nde heaven

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

So god let loose with a good fart? Isnīt that great. By the way, she did not tell which god she smelled. Zeus? Allah? Shiva? Yahwe? We want to know.

#17    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

IMO Adding "Buy my book" to a story does wanders to discredit it

#18    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postealdwita, on 05 April 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

No no no! They've got it all wrong. The poor woman collapsed and suffered her NDE on the dockside at Felixstowe near the fishmarket. When she regained consciousness, the paramedic asked her how she was, and she replied, "I can smell cod!"

(I posted that just for the halibut!") Posted Image

Oh, Eladwita! Funny :tu:
Kind Regards ;)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#19    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,703 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

Dimethyltryptamine

#20    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

View Postpitchp, on 04 April 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Most, if not all people that have had experienced an NDE, no longer fear death. I've had an NDE. I welcome death to all it's glory

Where can I get one?

#21    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,471 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

View Postfran123, on 05 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

On a similar track some years ago a good friend of mine was working in A&E in his local hospital. he was a qualified anaesthetist. A man was brought in suffering from cardiac arrest, unconscious, and he was someone my friend knew. They eventually brought him round and to initially save him the trauma of what he had been through my friend decided not to tell him how close he was to dying, he told him he had fainted. The patient then told him not to talk such nonsense as he knew exactly what had happened and described in detail what procedures, and what equipment had been used, to save his life. When my friend asked him how he knew he was told it was because he was floating near the ceiling of the room watching what they were doing to his body. Even if you find this difficult to believe it does beg the question, how, if you are lying flat on your back with people all around you, could you possibly see exactly what was going on? The only way he could have seen what was being done to him was from above and my friend was 100% convinced that this man was literally at a stage between life and death.

My sister had claimed to have a NDE while having a difficult birth with her son. She was unconscious and claimed to have been above her body
watching the doctor and nurses work on her. She never mentioned anything of white light or divine encounter.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#22    smokeycat

smokeycat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

• Science is about open-minded inquiry.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostHawkin, on 07 April 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

My sister had claimed to have a NDE while having a difficult birth with her son. She was unconscious and claimed to have been above her body
watching the doctor and nurses work on her. She never mentioned anything of white light or divine encounter.

Is that NDE or an 'out of body experience'?

There have been reports of people having out of body experiences whilst experiencing intense pain but were not in danger of dying.
I think that NDE's usually happen when the person has 'died' and have to be revived. Although I may be wrong.

:)

#23    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,471 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

View Postsmokeycat, on 07 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Is that NDE or an 'out of body experience'?

There have been reports of people having out of body experiences whilst experiencing intense pain but were not in danger of dying.
I think that NDE's usually happen when the person has 'died' and have to be revived. Although I may be wrong.

:)
It could have been an OBE.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#24    fran123

fran123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

smokeycat/Hawkin: interesting points. There is scientific research currently taking place in trauma rooms where objects are placed out of vision of the patients. If they say they have experienced an OBE and are able to describe the objects and where they are then this will go some way into proving that the condition actually exists.

#25    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

I once smelled God..
Granted, I was going through an experimental time in my life and  ecstasy may have played a ginormous part.
Buy my book to find out what the G-man smells of!

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#26    Andy232400

Andy232400

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

@Hawkin.. the white light and the divine encounter come after the part when your floating above your body.. Your sis must have not been out for as long as other people have.. Some people have completely opposite experiences.. ;)

#27    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think he must smell like rain, or that ozone scent before a thunderstorm.

#28    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,607 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostTh3HitmaN, on 05 April 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

wanna know what i smell?, BULLSH*T
Lol, thats a coffee spitter. :tu:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#29    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

†

• 3,314 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

A smelled an Eagle about a month ago as it flew past me at the park. I thought that was pretty cool but I guess smelling God is cooler.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#30    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• 1,366 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

People were making fun of her for saying she can smell and taste God. I'm not sure what is wrong with that. There are many things that exists which you can smell that leaves you with a feeling of taste. There are better arguments out that...

Love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the ungrateful and to the evil. - Luke 6:35

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users