Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New orange threat, Real or Political?

seventh_son

I would like to know what everyone thinks about the new orange threat level.

Do you think it is a real concern or just a ploy by the current administration to

get more votes in the upcoming election? And why you believe either way?

Edited by seventh_son

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Babs

• Cradle of Fish

• Uncle Meat

I dont think its a ploy, but I dont necessarily think its a real threat (as in the terrorists were really planning on doing something in september) I think that maybe Homeland Security and intel think it might be something big, but, well, we know history. They say the same stuff each time they find something like this, and nothing ever happens. Im not saying nothing will happen, but I'm not gonna worry about it. If it happens, it happens. I'm not gonna let this flip the world around for me just to find out that nothing happens.

Do third world countries have threat levels? Just curious it seems that since 9/11 they had to come up with something. I choose not to listen to threats, but I'm also glad that SOMEBODY does for me wink2.gif

just remember... september is approaching

Do third world countries have threat levels? Just curious it seems that since 9/11 they had to come up with something. I choose not to listen to threats, but I'm also glad that SOMEBODY does for me  wink2.gif

I am from a developing country in Asia and as far as my country is concern, we do not have a "code" system as such....meaning the broadcasting of "THIS IS CODE ORANGE" etc. However, we are able to detect the heightened security situation when we start hearing fighter jets zooming by, or more soldiers being deployed at the airport or train stations etc. Our hightened alert is very closely connected to what is happening in the US. If it is Code Orange in the US, our government will be "code orange" too!

As for whether this alert thingy is a ploy....I cant comment much being not a citizen of your country but for this I can only say, "better safe than sorry"...if it is true that is. JMHO

Edited by Chingko

I think things may look contrived, timing and all...but I just start thinking about the terrorists and how they will 'love' this situation. cool.gif I bet they like and even encourage our doubts about the current administration and the terror threats.

Questions like this are great for their morale and actually gives them a boost.

Edited by Babs

Well tie me down and lock the door just to be safe, you never know when that 4th dimension might come out and get ya! gunsmilie.gif

Booooooooo! On the orange alert in New York, “better safe then sorry”, “never know what could be”, “look out a terrorist might kill you!” crying.gif

Sorry to be p***y about this but Ahhhhh! scared.gif

The threat is real, the terrorist are real, and people in the world hate the USA. All of this is true I agree. But to advertise it in a color code or fear (up, down when does it end) is obvious that it is propaganda BS. Turn of your TV’s and stop reading/posting on this forum for a week and all of a sudden the terror will be gone. War/terror today is drama - and Americans sure love their drama. thumbsup.gif

"if you are looking for drama hitch a ride with Ted Kennedy" laugh.gif

Bill Maher

Edited by 4dplane

The US practically is forced to do this color coading thing though. If they dont raise the threat level and something happens... they're in sh**. If they do and nothing happens, they're spreading propoganda and trying to controle their citizens through fear. If they do raise it and something happens, they're suspected of staging the whole thing. Sheesh, talk about having your hands tied behind your back!

The whole terror alert thing is a very american idea.

Really though apart from scare a few dafties what difference does it mean.

Does it change any of your routines?? I think not.

HEre were just told that Mr Bond will be in action soon so watch our for flyinng glass.

The terror alert is just used to protect the gov from public backlash in the event that a terrorist attack happens. Thats all.

Do third world countries have threat levels? Just curious it seems that since 9/11 they had to come up with something. I choose not to listen to threats, but I'm also glad that SOMEBODY does for me wink2.gif

Well, here in Argentina, the gov tight up the security in airports and jew institutions, and put a permanent wacht in terrorist actions in the territory, but nothing like Treath colors or the USa level of paranoia.

I believe Terror Alert Ernie is a ploy. Just like how they wanted to push back the elections. In all honestly, I'm surprised they haven't had GW envoke that special little law that would cancile the elections to keep him president because of a high threat to the country.

But you can never tell... We could be attacked, again... *sighs*

How many large scale Terrorists Attacks have occured in North America since 9/11.

None, it almost cant happen the way everything is locked down nowadays, if there are any attacks on the US it wont happen in the US, it will likely be missile attacks or chemical weapons from somewhere else in the country.

Its a ploy, there is nothing to fear.

OMG, you're taking the fact that theres been no terrorist attacks since 9/11 as a sign that terrorists cant attack the US anymore? Believe me, things havent been locked down well enough to prevent terrorism from inside the US. Al Qaida is known to plan for a long time before striking. Maybe thats whats happening?

If there is a terrorist attack in the next 10 years which occurs in the US ill eat my hat.

Everyone fears something that isnt there, sure Terrorism exists, but attacking the US directly is a waste of time because it would be almost impossible to do nowadays.

Everyone fears something that isnt there, sure Terrorism exists, but attacking the US directly is a waste of time because it would be almost impossible to do nowadays.

Yeah and THIS is why they would be so determined to try. Also why we always have to be on the alert

the whole terror alert thing is to protect against a backlash if an attack does happen, true, but no attacks are happening, so its kind of backfiring because nobody really cares about terror alerts anymore, at least i dont. its looking more and more like 9/11 was a one-timer

• 2 weeks later...

I don't sense any attack coming this way, but the level of noise about an attack is great. It irritates me, though....cause I don't see anything happening here; our country is too tight. Weird. (Somebody knows something and they aren't sharing).

I guess with the republican convention coming up we are going to *rock and roll.* ph34r.gif

Edited by Babs