Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

U.S. planned to blow up the MOON

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Revealed: How the U.S. planned to blow up the MOON with a nuclear bomb to win Cold War bragging rights over Soviet Union

It may sound like a plot straight out of a science fiction novel, but a U.S. mission to blow up the moon with a nuke was very real in the 1950s.
At the height of the space race, the U.S. considered detonating an atom bomb on the moon as a display of America's Cold War muscle.
The secret project, innocuously titled 'A Study of Lunar Research Flights' and nicknamed 'Project A119,' was never carried out.

http://www.dailymail...b-revealed.html

Edited by sean6, 25 November 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,354 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

and the winner of the "biggest threat to the safety of the world" award goes, once again, to the US of A!!!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

But when they realised it could play havok with our tides and they didn`t have enough money, they decided to do their tests in the Pacific instead.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

I always so embarrassed to be American . I love my country ,as its my birth place ,but so many things are so ....disgusting...
The average Joe pisses and moans about all the foreigners hating us ,are just jealous,etc,have no clue.No clue at all.

Miss me?

#5    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Wow I've heard it all now :o (If this is true of course!)

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#6    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

The leaders of countries often do not reflect the true heart and capacity of those that dwell within the real realm, I know many americans and they are some of the nicest folks I've met, don't worry simbi!

I was gonna say I don't believe it, but the track record goes against it. How can anyone even consider destroying the moon? So utterly disrespectful. Seems like such an infantile and idiotic thought, like some kid who is jealous that his sister got a new bike for her birthday and slashes the tyres... so frightening that fellow humans could even conceive of such a stupid thing!

Edited by DancingCorpse, 25 November 2012 - 11:13 PM.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#7    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 November 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

I always so embarrassed to be American . I love my country ,as its my birth place ,but so many things are so ....disgusting...
The average Joe pisses and moans about all the foreigners hating us ,are just jealous,etc,have no clue.No clue at all.

I can't really think of one government that is any better to be honest.

It's sad that these people think they represent the people of the country they govern.

It's like IF some alien race cam down, I hope they don't judge us all by our governments.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#8    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,248 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Okay so It took 60 years for some one to come up with this.,. "Cut your nose off to spite your face" story!

LOL, Get over it, they got there first!  ;p I'm still waiting for the most mentally undeveloped country to let off everything they have just so they can prove their religion is a waste of time!

We are killing the earth without even touching the moon!

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 November 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

You have nothing to be embarrassed about, the normal joe understands its not the normal American joe who is behind this, anyhow, the Americans would not have been doing thinking about this without the help of other countries backing them.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#10    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 November 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

I can't really think of one government that is any better to be honest.

It's sad that these people think they represent the people of the country they govern.

It's like IF some alien race cam down, I hope they don't judge us all by our governments.

If an alien race ever came down I hope they take out our governments.

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,810 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 25 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

If an alien race ever came down I hope they take out our governments.
me too, but chances are our governments will try and blow them out of the sky before they get past our moon.

#12    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I always more embarrassed that we have a public education system that graduates people from the 8th grade who don't know that this "report" is OBVIOUSLY false.

I even more embarrassed that this lack of critical analysis translates to our electoral process.

#13    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,283 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Well, the moon was blocking our view of Mars and Jupiter anyway.   :rolleyes:  

I am a bit skeptical of this.  Mountain sized moon rocks might be attracted to the earth by gravity.  It seems so entirely not worth the trouble.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#14    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

When there's a write up from somewhere other than the Daily Mail, I'll give the story more thought. Until then....not so much.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#15    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

It would be ironic if there was a write up from The Sun newspaper.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users