Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO - NOT

Althalus

I was walking home from work on Friday night at about 8:00pm when i looked up and saw what looked to be a flying triangle, complete with a light at each corned and one in the middle, coming slowly towards me.

Then as it got nearer I noticed that it was a plane that was flying at just the right angle to look like a perfect triangle.  I wonder how many tmes thid has happened before to other people, and they have mistaken it for some weird craft?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• Saru

• Loonboy

• Althalus

I can remember seeing something similarly unusual in the sky on more than one occasion, stopping to have a good look and then realising that it's just a plane or helicopter that's oriented peculiarly in the sky.

Still, there are some people who mistake even the most every-day things as being UFO's, such as Telegraph wires, Electricity pylons, flocks of geese and other things that you'd never think it would be possible to misidentify to such an extent.

:sj

[blue]I saw what I thought was a plane - it looked like a big Boeing with all its lights on flying at night. Then all the lights went out at once and we couldn't see it anymore. To me it was a plane - but then again, planes don't fly without their lights and certainly don't turn them off all at once.... creepy...[/blue]

Something similar to that has been spotted by me near to where I work for quite a while now, it is silent and usually silent, and has lights on the sides, it then switches the lights off, and you can't see it anymore.  

I see it on average of about once a week.

I think it may be a glider.

:sc

If it is that predictable, film or photo it.

There is also the story of a lost Airship that nearly caused a pile up on a motorway, because it was flying low (at night) using it's searchlights to read the motorway signs - the drivers only being able to see the classic 'cone' of light decending from the heavens, thought it was a UFO trying to abduct them!

The footage of this was shown on one of those police footage shows, i don't remember which.

Loonboy, could of thick cloud coverage caused the disappearance of the lights?

[blue]I don't think clouds could explain what happened to the lights - they all went out at once and the aircraft was low in the sky - they didn't fade or go hazy or blink out from left to right, say. They just all winked off...[/blue] :s09

PS,

I can remember that Airship trying to read the signs on a motorway as well. I think it was featured at the end of an episode of Police, Camera, Action on ITV.

:sk

Yep that was it - well remembered!

• 4 weeks later...

are you any where near an airport?i have seen something simaler and i live near an airport.i see alot of things but if tell people about it and they never belive me :s3.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:s2 yeap I remember it well as they were on the M25 corridor looking for Levesdon airfield.... it caused a big stir and it happened about 5 years ago whenI was at Uni there.