Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

anger management courses for bullet buyers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,868 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

From the article:

A Florida legislator wants anyone trying to buy ammunition to complete an anger management program first, in what critics say is the latest example of local lawmakers reaching for constitutionally-dubious solutions to the problem of gun violence.
The bill filed Saturday by state Sen. Audrey Gibson, D-Jacksonville, would require a three-day waiting period for the sale of any firearm and the sale of ammunition to anyone who has not completed anger management courses. The proposal would require ammo buyers to take the anger management courses every 10 years.
“This is not about guns," Gibson said. "This is about ammunition and not only for the safety of the general community, but also for the safety of law enforcement.”
Gibson said she’s concerned with citizens stockpiling ammunition, potentially creating dangerous situations should those individuals ever come in contact with law enforcement agencies or criminals.
“It’s about getting people to think, really, about how much ammunition they need,” Gibson said. “It’s a step, I think, in a safer direction. It’s about getting people to think before they buy.”

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

We've got some real smart people working in our governments don't we.

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,106 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

More idiocy.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#3    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

This is so laughably ignorant I really can't think of any way to comment probably because I have just lost brain cells reading this absurdity. Goosfraba.

Posted Image

#4    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Just when you thought they couldn't get more stupid.

#5    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,049 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

lol, this AM calss might later turn against you. "oh you wanna buy a gun,ok,, oh wait you took AM clases, no you don't get a gun"

similar as weed tax stamp. back in 1930's. to get stamp you had to bring weed to gvmt office, but by their laws you could not handle weed with no tax stamp. history repeats itself

RESIDENT TROLL.

#6    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

So then with the same logic are they going to want people to take nutrition course if they want to eat fast food? What about anger managment if you want to buy gas? I mean you can make a fricken explosive device with some gas, a rag, and a bottle.

Personally I think they should start requiring our governement representative to start taking IQ tests to qualify for service. There are to many dangerously stupid people in office.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#7    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostGrey14, on 07 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

So then with the same logic are they going to want people to take nutrition course if they want to eat fast food? What about anger managment if you want to buy gas? I mean you can make a fricken explosive device with some gas, a rag, and a bottle.

Personally I think they should start requiring our governement representative to start taking IQ tests to qualify for service. There are to many dangerously stupid people in office.
That sounds ok until you realize that being smart doesn't mean you're intentions are good. Ever here of an 'evil genius'? Anyway, I do agree that this woman is probably only a tad bit smarter than my dog but only because she can speak words.

Posted Image

#8    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 07 March 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

That sounds ok until you realize that being smart doesn't mean you're intentions are good. Ever here of an 'evil genius'? Anyway, I do agree that this woman is probably only a tad bit smarter than my dog but only because she can speak words.

That may be true but there usually aren't hundreds of evil geniuses looking for public office compared to the thousands of morons that run every year for this office or that.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#9    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostGrey14, on 07 March 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

That may be true but there usually aren't hundreds of evil geniuses looking for public office compared to the thousands of morons that run every year for this office or that.
true but the great thing about America is that I, a nobody, can get up off my couch and go run for an office if I want. But if I'm dumb, don't blame me. Blame the the people I duped into voting for my dumbass. It's not a perfect system but it beats the hell out of people getting into power by bloodlines. Look at North Korea...

Posted Image

#10    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

That's pretty ridiculous. I doubt it'll go far.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#11    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,378 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Any police detective will tell you that everyone's a suspect in a crime regardless of a person's nature.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.
Science would call me a Non-Conformist. Religion would call me a Heretic. Government would call me a Rebel. I call myself a Freelancer.

#12    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,114 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostGrey14, on 07 March 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

I forget who said it.. but it's very true (especially in this case...) "Never attribute to evil, what can be explained away by simple stupidity"...

#13    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,397 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostTaun, on 08 March 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

I forget who said it.. but it's very true (especially in this case...) "Never attribute to evil, what can be explained away by simple stupidity"...

Hanlons Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Possibily a line taken from Robert Heinlein's "Logic of Empire" : “You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.”

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I dont comment on really stupid. But I guess when someone sees a cash cow they look for the plumper kind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users