Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans Greatest Invention

War-Junkie

what do you think the greatest human invention is and i mean anything. from the bigest thing to the the smallest thing. i think one of the greatest inventions would be the electric guitar. because without it what would we have listened to in the 60s-till now?

i also thing the airplane is a great invention. if it wasent for that then we wouldent be as far advanced as we are now.

and i did a search about this and i couldent see anything on this topic so sorry if there is another topic like this.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• Roj47

• War-Junkie

• MID

I think the greatest invention is the watchamacallit, because it can do anything! :P

Seriously, it's the light bulb. Just think: how many items have some kind of light bulb and what would life be like without them?

(dark)

:o

The wheel/roller :w00t:

Without it airplanes would not be that great ;)

cars would not be

in fact, most land-based 'mass' forms of transport would not be (of course there were horses for 1-2 occupant transport)

The wheel/roller of course includes any circular moving object ie. cogs, pulleys, etc. etc.

Cheers

Edited by ai_guardian

The Alphabet

Imagine how you would have to re-invent everything if nothing could be written down, and the person(s) having the knowledge dies.

The integrated circuit board.

Without it computers would still be the size of a room and virtually unknown by everyday humans. Cell phones would not exist, mp3 players would not exist (I need my iPod).

I seriously think this particular invention will someday overshadow even the wheel, which is the first greatest invention.

Fire, although we didn't technically invent that so much as we discovered how to control it.

Ditto goes for the wheel, which can sort of be found in nature.

I'd have to say the greatest human invention was the Voltaic pile, which led to everything electrical we have today.

I would have to say, probaby the invention of the fork, or the spoon. Or the spork!

Well actually, it would have to be tesla's Dc power. now that there is an invention. Or Henry Ford's assembly line.

Or penecillin. that rocks too.

Well actually, it would have to be tesla's Dc power. now that there is an invention.

Tesla (and a few other scientists who tend to not get mentioned) invented AC. DC was invented, or at least named, by Edison. Actual DC power probably came first from the Voltaic pile. :yes:

lions all the way.

i think a great modification to pigs was to make bacon outa them. think about it bacon goes good with almost everything. even in salad!!! and grillcheese sandwitches. also the invention of the bacon mcmuffin.

yes i love my bacon.

Edited by War-Junkie

Construction and community

Earth :devil:

The wheel is the greatest invention of all time. The wheel has been around for ions and is used in everything from transportation to toys. It truly has stood the test of time and will always be around.

GanjaGuru, you missed out on a funny!

ie. "It truly has stood the test of time and will always be a ROUND" :lol::rofl:

OR

it really got the ball rolling or should I say boulder rolling :lol:

OR

it helped us MOVE ON :)

Of course, I agree with you as my original post here would suggest :tu:

Earth
I realise this is probably said tongue-in-cheek but if not, how did we invent the Earth?

Cheers

Edited by ai_guardian