Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

man survives two days under the sea

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,725 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

"Nigerian survives two days at sea, in underwater air pocket"

A Nigerian man has survived for two-and-a-half days trapped 30m (98ft) deep in freezing seawater.

Harrison Okene, 29, was on board the tug boat Jascon-4 when it capsized in heavy swells. It sank to the seabed, upside down, but Mr Harrison was trapped in an air pocket and able to breathe.

Of the other 12 people on board, 10 bodies have already been found and Mr Harrison is assumed to be the only survivor. Mr Harrison told Reuters journalist Joe Brock that he could hear fish eating the dead bodies of his fellow crew members.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-22888828

Now THAT would have freaked me out BIG TIME!!

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

A miracle of perfect conditions coming together.

Still that is bound to make one grateful for life whether they believe in a higher power or not. Hope he goes on to do wonderful things for those around him and to continue if he already has.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

That would be a horrible experience to hear fish eating people.  Which I guess it would be worse to see it or be one of them.  Its amazing he survived bet he won't be the same.

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,725 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

You can just imagine that divers sheer fright cant you? There to retrieve the bodies...then in the utter darkness one grabs him!

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,666 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

#6    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Unimaginable!

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,725 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

View Posts33ker, on 14 June 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Unimaginable!

:tu:   and reasonable to assume he now has a phobia of boats no doubt...

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,031 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postseeder, on 15 June 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

:tu:   and reasonable to assume he now has a phobia of boats no doubt...
And salt water, fishes, dark places, claustrophobia even being submerged in a bathtub would bring back memories.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,725 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 16 June 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

And salt water, fishes, dark places, claustrophobia even being submerged in a bathtub would bring back memories.

Tell me about it!!

Hhe already says this about sleeping:-  "Mr Harrison describes his story as a "miracle", but he also told Reuters: "When I am at home sometimes it feels like the bed I am sleeping in is sinking. I think I'm still in the sea again. I jump up and I scream."

#10    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Incredible. What an ordeal for the poor guy. I'm guessing the only thought in your mind would be to just hold on until a rescue crew arrived, and to just survive. You'd probably be thinking about your family too. But just the pitch blackness and sea water for hour after hour after hour. Blow that. And your dead mates floating around being eaten by fish, right next to you. You'd have to have a strong mind to survive that in one piece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users