Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meteor? I dunno.

Sea Wolf

Remember how we had the meteor showers several weeks ago?

On that day, before night fall, I was driving on the way to the grocery store. Saw what I thought was a plane at first. Just saw the vapor trails. It was heading straight down, and was actually giving off more of a smoke trail than anything. The smoke trails or whatever it were were coming from what I could only describe as something that looked like a ball of brightness. Was hard to tell what it actually was.

Anyways, I slung the car into the parking lot of the store, and tried running behind the store so I could see the object again and snap a photo. Was way too far away to see anything at all. It was be like me trying to snap a photo of a jet from the ground. The object kind of leveled out, and went across the sky at an angle, out of sight.

Was kind of unsettling. Especially seeing some bright object heading towards the ground. My friend in the vehicle was joking about it being a Russian weapon, and we laughed, but then actually got kind of nervous the more we watched it. LOL.

Wow. As soon as I posted this, I looked up "meteor in the day time."

Fireball-Daytime.jpg

This is exactly what we saw. Uh...so I solved it. ....Yeah. SO IT IS NOW THE OFFICAL METEOR THREAD

• Like 1

i got hit once by a meteor. it was at the end of hit burning out and was the size of a pebble. i only felt it because it was still hot.

That's crazy, I would trip if I saw that too.

• Like 1

So lucky to see it. I have never witnessed one.

I saw a shooting star as a kid, is that the same?

So lucky to see it. I have never witnessed one.

I saw a shooting star as a kid, is that the same?

I was gonna make some sort of joke about this, then it occurred to me it has been years since I have seen one as well.....well, here's to livin' in big, well-lit cities!

• Like 1

The night of that meteor shower a month or so ago I counted 52. I've never seen so many during any event before.

• Like 1

I've seen one too during the daytime, it was huge and I was sure it was going to crash somewhere in front us (was driving in a car on the freeway), it made a huge roaring sound too.

Thankfully, it was in reality alot further away than our eyes were suggesting, but it's appearance made the news that night. It was an awesome sight and experience.