Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Circle of light

M. Thomas

In a remote state forest area of southern New Jersey, I exercised along some of the sandy unpaved forest roads, and there is no lighting. During one night just about at dusk I was making my last turn to my home when I looked down and ahead of me I noticed a faint light as though a car had turned onto the road behind me which would have been several hundred yards. I stopped and turned expecting to see a car or truck but nothing. I turned back in the direction I was walking and continued. Only a few steps later did this same light appear but this time I could make out that it was circular, about a 10-12 foot circle with me in the approximate center. I stopped and looked behind me again and once again nothing. I looked again at this circle of light and began to get rather alarmed. The hair on the back of your neck standing up scared. I was alone and only a few people knew I was there.

Unlucky for me as I quickened my pace this circle of light followed me and now I was thinking "So this is how you feel when you are about to be abducted!" Whatever this was was just as mysteriously gone. I am still here of course. I walked many times after that but it never repeated. One sure fired way to get the adrenaline pumping! Whewwwww!

Edited by M. Thomas
  • Like 3

You didn't hear "THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE MYSTERONS" by any chance?

• Like 4

Welcome to UM and thanks for posting your mysterious circle of light sighting A photo would have been nice to back your story up though, but I guess that was the last thing on your mind at the time. :cry:

• Like 1

Welcome here buddy, we get a lot of stories from "rookies",(no offence intended),but most people here require evidence, before accepting an unexplained event.Best Wishes ,and keep away from that part of the woods.

• Like 3

Welcome here buddy, we get a lot of stories from "rookies",(no offence intended),but most people here require evidence, before accepting an unexplained event.Best Wishes ,and keep away from that part of the woods.

We also get a shockingly large number of spam bots trying to sell me furniture in London.....I am an ocean and a continental land mass away from there.

And yes, evidence is good place to start.

• Like 1

BTW a spot of light appeared mysteriously on the back of my hand once, so I can well imagine how surprised you were with your experience. Unfortunately I didn't manage to take a picture of that either. <_<

• Like 1

We also get a shockingly large number of spam bots trying to sell me furniture in London.....I am an ocean and a continental land mass away from there.

I much prefer the late night kitchen deals, myself.

Hey M. Thomas, sounds like the Pine Barrens you are describing. I remember, when I lived there about around in that area, those woods can get pretty dark, and no street lamps. Anyways, nice post. The only thing I have a remembered experience of, is actually heard when I lived on the base near there. And it was over head, and it sounded large. (This was back in 98). For some reason, I was compelled to stay in bed when I heard it. *shrugs*

it could have been a military chopper on whisper mode. what you describe sounds like a search light.

Ha ha ha Classic, you wanna buy a real gold Rolex watch, only $20 dollar.