Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The gods vs aliens debate

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#46    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 March 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

Do you dispute any of the stated?

Cheers,
Badeskov

With all due respect sir, 'the stated' is a matter of somebody's opinion.....

#47    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,876 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 21 March 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

With all due respect sir, 'the stated' is a matter of somebody's opinion.....

Is it a matter of opinion that the man was convicted of stealing?
It is a matter of opinion that the man was convicted of fraud?
It is a matter of opinion that the man himself has admitted to fabricate evidence?
It is a matter of opinion that the man in his books has referenced documents known as fraud as real documents?
It is a matter of opinion that the man in his book "Chariot of the Gods" claims a map shows buried mountains in Antarctica, when in fact the map doesn't show Antarctica at all?

The examples are numerous, well established and beyond discussion. You can have you own opinion, of course, but the fact of the matter is that the 'stated' is not a matter of opinion.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 21 March 2012 - 05:32 PM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#48    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

My apologies Badeskov.  I was speaking more about Sitchen, whose book I have read.

I won't dispute any police records that exist about either man.

But even before that, I am discussing the IDEA presented in the thread topic, NOT the men.  Hope that helps.  :rolleyes:

#49    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 21 March 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

My apologies Badeskov.  I was speaking more about Sitchen, whose book I have read.

But even before that, I am discussing the IDEA presented in the thread topic, NOT the men.  Hope that helps.  :rolleyes:

How nice of you to say that.

Do you also have something to say about the links I posted??

#50    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,876 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 21 March 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

No worries, BR - I just misunderstood you then :)

The idea presented in this thread is, at best, ludicrous in my honest opinion. That Sitchin made up stuff and had no clue what he was doing (or were deliberately misrepresenting) there is no question about. It is all well documented, so that is not an opinion either.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#51    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Time will tell, it seems.  :)

#52    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,804 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 19 March 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

One of the most distasteful parts of participating online is having to deal with all the personal attacks.  Here, a man, or two men are attacked by a poster, and that attack in the poster's mind justifies ignoring, or judging as wrong and inaccurate, what the person being attacked has said.

Ah, the beauty of a simple mind.

Sorry Badeskov, the theory put forth by both your enemies, and their documentation and reasoning for it, are fairly persuasive to me.

How does one come to such a conclusion when the "documentation" and "reasoning" put forth by Stitchen has been proven to be "fiction" and "imagination"? Honestly, I am intrigued as to why one would set aside supported evidence to pursue, and support, what is a known fiction? Mike Heiser shows this in detail.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#53    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Psyche

Regarding the 12th planet theory, if that is what you're talking about, it does seem far-fetched to me, and I am but a layman in astronomy.  I am not attempting to defend that.

Regarding the quantum leap in technology that Sitchin mentions in his book (the only 1 I have read), I find that plausible and curious.  It is that point that I am talking about here.

Really, how did hunter-gatherers learn about electrons and chemistry and physics?  And considering the progress of those hunters over the millenia, how and why did this progress come so rapidly?

Those are the questions Sitchin raised, and I think they are valid and compelling.  In a related area, how did the Mayans become so familiar and precise with astronomy and time counting?  How were those buildings constructed in alignment the way they are?

THAT, in my opinion, is what the thread is about.

I do not think that our planet is the only 1 occupied.

Edited by Babe Ruth, 23 March 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#54    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,876 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Pardon me for interjecting myself here.

View PostBabe Ruth, on 23 March 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

<snip>
Regarding the quantum leap in technology that Sitchin mentions in his book (the only 1 I have read), I find that plausible and curious.  It is that point that I am talking about here.

What quantum leap is that exactly? There are no quantum leaps to the best of my knowledge.

Really, how did hunter-gatherers learn about electrons and chemistry and physics?  And considering the progress of those hunters over the millenia, how and why did this progress come so rapidly?

The early hunter-gathers had no knowledge of electrons and chemistry/physics. Why do you think they had? And what progress came fast exactly?

Those are the questions Sitchin raised, and I think they are valid and compelling.

They are not. Provably so.

In a related area, how did the Mayans become so familiar and precise with astronomy and time counting?  How were those buildings constructed in alignment the way they are?

What alignment? And why do you think the Mayans were so precise (they were not).

I do not think that our planet is the only 1 occupied.

Very few does to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#55    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Interjecting is what these fora are all about, no?   :tu:

I take it you are unaware of the alignments of the Mayan ruins.  I'm sorry about that.  If you wish to become informed about it, read some good books.  Graham Hancock wrote an excellent one, but the title escapes me at the moment.

Just curious if you are also unaware of the alignment of the pyramids on the Giza plateau?

Yes, we agree that hunters knew nothing about the finer points of chemistry and physics.  That's rather the point--where did the Sumerians acquire such esoteric knowledge?

#56    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,359 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 24 March 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I take it you are unaware of the alignments of the Mayan ruins.  I'm sorry about that.  If you wish to become informed about it, read some good books.  Graham Hancock wrote an excellent one, but the title escapes me at the moment.

That would be Fingerprints of the Gods. Did you check all the sources in it, and then separate what is his opinion and would can be proved beyond doubt - or did you just read it and think that sounds good so i'll go with that?

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#57    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,876 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 24 March 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Just curious if you are also unaware of the alignment of the pyramids on the Giza plateau?

Yes, we agree that hunters knew nothing about the finer points of chemistry and physics.  That's rather the point--where did the Sumerians acquire such esoteric knowledge?

So, again, what alignment would that be? These alignments has been discussed extensively on UM already, but either way, said alignments are not really not alignments. For instance, the Giza pyramids has been claimed to be aligned with the belt of Orion. But they are not, unless one allows for some rather large tolerances. The other issue is that the constellation of Orion looked a bit different when the Giza pyramids were built, if memory serves.

Finally, why do you think the Sumerians knew of chemistry and physics? They didn't - nor is there any evidence of that they ever acquired such knowledge.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#58    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

No, I'm a whoredog and will read any old thing.

Some of them I like and some of them I don't.  Hell, I seldom read the footnotes, depending upon how they are presented.  No, I don't have to research something, I'm more touchy-feely when reading.

And, I've been told quite a few lies in my years from quite a few people.  Usually I can tell when I'm being lied to, and Graham Hancock doesn't come across that way to me.

I accept his version of the alignment of the buildings and structures, their dimensions, and all that, as fact.

The conclusions and implications I can make on my own.  How 'bout you?  :wacko:

#59    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,858 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Badeskov

I'm 64 and have been watching Orion and the sky since I was about 10 years old, it's a spiritual thing with me.  You should try it in an airplane on a clear night, from 15000 feet.  :rolleyes:   And the science is interesting.

I can see with my own eyes that looking at the points, the alignment and ratio of the Giza pyramids is extremely close, with the naked eye.

What exactly is your point?  I suspect you are one of those humans who must attack, discredit, or otherwise take down another human.  This, under the guise of fidelity to truth or something.

I make up my own mind thanks very much, but I do enjoy the conversation.

Edited by Babe Ruth, 24 March 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#60    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,359 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 24 March 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

No, I'm a whoredog and will read any old thing.

Some of them I like and some of them I don't.  Hell, I seldom read the footnotes, depending upon how they are presented.  No, I don't have to research something, I'm more touchy-feely when reading.

And, I've been told quite a few lies in my years from quite a few people.  Usually I can tell when I'm being lied to, and Graham Hancock doesn't come across that way to me.

I accept his version of the alignment of the buildings and structures, their dimensions, and all that, as fact.

The conclusions and implications I can make on my own.  How 'bout you?  :wacko:

No I never make absolute statements like "I accept his version of the alignment of the buildings and structures, their dimensions, and all that, as fact". ..on subjects i'm not educated enough to be able to dissect the 'evidence', and reading a couple of books doesn't make you educated in a subject either.

I can understand being 'touchy-feely' when dealing with these type of subjects, nothing wrong with that....I go with personal experience myself when deciding if a subject has substance or not, but it's not good enough for me to believe, hope, trust and base a stance on gut feeling and wishful thinking...I don't want to believe, I want to know.

Edited by The Sky Scanner, 24 March 2012 - 06:11 PM.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users