Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rand Paul and Christian fundamentalists

Clarakore

Sens. Ted Cruz (Tex.) and Rand Paul (Ky.), both mentioned as possible presidential candidates, were the key speakers at a meeting of 400 Iowa ministers and their spouses.

—snip

The group is the brainchild of David Lane, a California Christian organizer who helped get pastors to work together several years ago in support of the agenda of Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

—snip

“We are mobilizing this constituency,” said Lane on Friday, explaining his plans for expanding the Renewal Project in Iowa and other states. “This is not about Republicans and Democrats. It’s about returning American to its Judeo-Christian heritage.”

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Edited by The world needs you

Possible 2016 presidential candidates Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, both born-again Christians and tea party favorites, implored Iowa evangelicals on Friday not to hide from the public square.Both gave passionate, Bible-quoting speeches, arguing that conservatives need to help the country find its way back to Christian values and the traditions of its founders

—snip

He offered his prescription for a more moral nation: Cut off foreign aid to haters of Christianity, avoid war and stand up against abortion and Obamacare.“What America needs is not just another politician or more promises,” Paul said. “What America needs is a revival.”

Rand Paul calls upon pastors to rally the right

yes, and a Judao-Christian theocracy is a sound basis for a modern economy, isn't it. Perhaps they think the only way to combat militant Islam is by going back to the time of the Crusades, and becoming a militant theocracy themselves. :unsure2:

• Like 3

David Lane, noted above in the OP, is funded by the American Family Association.

David Lane (c. 1955) is an American political activist who works to increase the political strength of religious groups on the Christian right, to promote social conservative values in the United States.

Funded largely by the American Family Association (AFA), Lane has organized political briefings with appearances by conservative pastors such as David Barton and politicians such as Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann and Haley Barbour. In his behind-the-scenes work for right-wing politics, Lane has been described by The New York Times as "something of a stealth weapon for the right".

http://en.wikipedia....Lane_(activist)

The American Family Association has been classified as a hate group by the SPLC, the internet filter CyberPatrol blocked them for being intolerant, and in 2000 they tried to stop Congressman Jim Kolbe from speaking at the Republican National Convention over his sexual orientation then, "said that Kolbe should be arrested when he returned to his home state, as because Kolbe is gay, he was violating an Arizona law that banned sodomy."

On April 16, 2007, following the Virginia Tech Massacre, the AFA released a video titled The Day They Kicked God out of the Schools, in which God tells a student that students were killed in schools because God isn't allowed in schools anymore. The video claims that the shootings at Virginia Tech and Columbine, among others, are in part the result of: decreased discipline in schools; no prayer in schools; sex out of wedlock; rampant violence in TV, movies, and music; or abortions.

—snip

In August, 2012, AFA Director of Issue Analysis Bryan Fischer compared the children of gay parents to slaves, tweeting that "we need an Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households"

http://en.wikipedia....ily_Association

Isn't this very similar to Westboro's message...?

• Like 1

David Lane, noted above in the OP, is funded by the American Family Association.

http://en.wikipedia....Lane_(activist)

The American Family Association has been classified as a hate group by the SPLC, the internet filter CyberPatrol blocked them for being intolerant, and in 2000 they tried to stop Congressman Jim Kolbe from speaking at the Republican National Convention over his sexual orientation then, "said that Kolbe should be arrested when he returned to his home state, as because Kolbe is gay, he was violating an Arizona law that banned sodomy."

http://en.wikipedia....ily_Association

Isn't this very similar to Westboro's message...?

Pretty much exactly the same as Westboro.

• Like 1

Rand Paul and the Christian Fundamentalists... Sounds like a name for some Christian rock band !!!

• Like 3

It could have been worse. He could have attended Reverend Wright's BLT church for 21 years. That's the same one that invited the NOI's Louis Farrakhan to speak, to the cheers of assorted congregants. The leftists act like Paul went to a Christian Identity meeting, with David Duke as an honored guest. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Rand Paul doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being elected President.

It's a joke to even think he could.

Rubio's kinda cute ... maybe?

The next President of the United States will be Putin, at the rate we're going.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

it'll be Justin Beiber if we're not careful.

• Like 3

Rand Paul and the Christian Fundamentalists... Sounds like a name for some Christian rock band !!!

LOL it kinda does.

Now we're back to parroting that old media line again? Who could ever vote for a President Ron Paul? Liberty.....ewwwwww nobody wants that! We want someone in Washington to decide how to run our lives for us.

Rand is as shrewd as they come and playing the game of thrones in the way that he can become President. His father wasn't like that. His father stuck to principle and voted No on every unconstitutional bill the Congress passed across his desk, which was just about all of them. His father didn't answer the door when the lobbyists came knocking. Rand Paul's directive is inclusion and acceptance and he'll answer the door. He'll also compromise on principle to win an election.

• Like 3

LOL it kinda does.

Now we're back to parroting that old media line again? Who could ever vote for a President Ron Paul? Liberty.....ewwwwww nobody wants that! We want someone in Washington to decide how to run our lives for us.

Rand is as shrewd as they come and playing the game of thrones in the way that he can become President. His father wasn't like that. His father stuck to principle and voted No on every unconstitutional bill the Congress passed across his desk, which was just about all of them. His father didn't answer the door when the lobbyists came knocking. Rand Paul's directive is inclusion and acceptance and he'll answer the door. He'll also compromise on principle to win an election.

I like his ol mans strict principled approach a whole lot better........ the cold hard truth is what I want to hear each and every single time.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3

it'll be Justin Beiber if we're not careful.

My wife wouldn't vote for Beiber, not in a million plus years.

Rubio, on the other hand, she would vote for based upon appearance alone, as would my Mom, and women make up over half the electorate now.

My point, Rand Paul, while likeable guy in my book, just doesn't factor for women.

I don't think many women think all that highly of Hillary, either, but who knows. The Clinton's are capable of extreme makeovers. lol

• Like 2

It might be a Bush or a Clinton. That seems to be the pattern. It could be Jeb, or it could be Hillary. Both of them are good speakers, and that, along with surface appearances, sway voters more than experience, philosophies, records, etc.. They're articulate and intelligent, and establishment journalism is comfortable with them. That's not to say that their policies are the right ones. It's to say that we're chained to the two-party tradition. The PTB will make sure that the next election will be business as usual (hope I'm wrong there).

• Like 1

My wife wouldn't vote for Beiber, not in a million plus years.

Rubio, on the other hand, she would vote for based upon appearance alone, as would my Mom, and women make up over half the electorate now.

My point, Rand Paul, while likeable guy in my book, just doesn't factor for women.

I don't think many women think all that highly of Hillary, either, but who knows. The Clinton's are capable of extreme makeovers. lol

That was strange synchronicity! We typed some of the same things at the same time. :w00t:

George P. Bush is the Republican secret weapon which might be unveiled for national 2020 elections. Keep an eye on Texas for now.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/11/24/george_prescott_bush_texas_republicans_get_excited_about_jeb_bush_son.html?

George P. Bush is the Republican secret weapon which might be unveiled for national 2020 elections. Keep an eye on Texas for now.

http://www.slate.com..._bush_son.html?

No, Mamma said that there would be no more Bush's running for President, and I take her at her word for that. This was said to a reporter at the grand opening of the Bush Library in Dallas.

The older she gets, the more I like her.

We don't live in a monarchy, come on! She understand this better than anybody, and even she is rejecting the idea. Thunderous applause for Momma Bush.

As long as she's alive, and that should be a while, I suspect, it ain't happening.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Wow nice comment on what you think of the women in your lives that you think they'd vote for a candidate based on looks. As a woman I don't care about looks I care about if they have common sense and and intelligence. What is this 1920, women are not some fan waving hormonal airheads.

• Like 2

Wow nice comment on what you think of the women in your lives that you think they'd vote for a candidate based on looks. As a woman I don't care about looks I care about if they have common sense and and intelligence. What is this 1920, women are not some fan waving hormonal airheads.

That was noted too but decided against pointing it since it would draw away from the Rand Paul and Christian fundamentalist connection and the fact that, "Rand Paul doesn’t care about the persecution of gays and lesbians, or of transgenders. He doesn’t care about the persecution of Pagans or secularists or of atheists. He doesn’t care about anyone but Christians."

Yet Rand Paul, singularly-minded, only decides one group is worthy of protection and even puts it in terms of a conspiracy theory-like "war against Christians":

“There is a war on Christianity,” he told his audience, well ahead of the Christmas season. “Not just from liberal elites here at home, but worldwide.”

*snip*

By campaigning against the First Amendment, Rand Paul has shown himself to be completely unsuitable for high office. His job is to represent everyone in his district, not only Evangelical Christians. His job as president would be to represent the interests of ALL Americans, not only Evangelical Christians.

http://www.politicus...christians.html

It all points out the hypocrisy in the libertarian view that we should not be dictated by others how to live yet their prime candidate supports Christians who would do exactly that and are doing exactly that in all these states that they are sabotaging women's health clinics.

It also points out the perversion of the modern libertarians who would consider such actions as "inclusion and acceptance".

Rand Paul's directive is inclusion and acceptance

Of course the Republican and now libertarian "war against women" is vile but did not want to point out the chauvinistic claim that "women will vote for the handsome candidate", as if they cannot understand the issues and vote based on that, because it could derail the thread into further feminist bashing as was done on the Hillary thread.

Still not going to mind at all that you pointed it out here because it was uneasy to read that and my feelings were mixed on whether to point it out or not so glad you did in the end.

Is this true, does this man Rand Paul only look out for Christians and only Christians? IF this is true, ( and I mean IF, because I don't know him or anything about him ) then he would have no business running for office.. It's also not a smart thing to do if you are looking the vote from EVERY US citizen.. All it may give you is the Christian vote, and even then, some of the christians might not like his policies and so on...

I think politicians shoot themselves in the foot and make it worse for themselves if they show discriminations of any kind towards any group of people.. Be it men, women, race, religion, anything.. If you only show favour for your own kind, you leave space to discriminate, and it can cost you an election...

Seems to me the liberals and the mainstream media are scared of Rand Paul, so they are trying their best to discredit him.... Business as usual....

• Like 1

Discredit him how? By enlightening people about who he has now chose to align himself with and the things they believe and the agenda they have? I don't see that as discrediting him as much as informing people about the company he chooses to keep.

• Like 3

Discredit him how? By enlightening people about who he has now chose to align himself with and the things they believe and the agenda they have? I don't see that as discrediting him as much as informing people about the company he chooses to keep.

And Obama hung around radical preachers, yet no one cared about that....

By the way, how do you know any of this is true? Did it ever occur to you that the talking heads might be lieing?

• Like 5

He could have attended Reverend Wright's BLT church for 21 years.

America has a church that worships Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato sandwiches??

where do i sign goddammit, WHERE DO I SIGN!!

:-)

• Like 6